• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
In Chris Wheatley's article on D. Suarez:

"Meanwhile, the search for a centre-back to bolster Arsenal’s threadbare defence continues with Konstantinos Mavropanos likely to feature for the Under-23 side against Manchester City on Monday.

There is an increased belief among the Arsenal coaching staff that Mavropanos is ready to play in the first team and is in contention to be involved in senior games when he’s fully match fit.
"

Seems my joke wasn't much of a joke :lol:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

"Meanwhile, the search for a centre-back to bolster Arsenal’s threadbare defence continues with Konstantinos Mavropanos likely to feature for the Under-23 side against Manchester City on Monday.

There is an increased belief among the Arsenal coaching staff that Mavropanos is ready to play in the first team and is in contention to be involved in senior games when he’s fully match fit.
"

There's a grain of truth in every joke :lol:

Leeroy1979

"

Absolute madness. He may be promising and he may well turn into the next baresi but it's too big a gamble not to sign or at least loan an established cb this Jan

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

"

reported

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

But I’ll try to avoid that reaction. I’ll assume we’re conserving funds for the summer (although this 70m bullsh*t ain’t good) and that our wages are simply tight until we can offload a few more, plus we’ll have the new Adidas deal. Maybe we’ve just found ourselves at a bottleneck where we can’t spend 50m like last January. What we need is players to help us right now and if they’re just loans then so be it.

Awaits Ornstein's July transfer tweets stating Arsenal have little money to spend and will have to sell before they buy.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Gazzetta dello sport saying Juve may include Benatia in Ramsey deal they want to get him in January

We should take it, Benatia and Sokratis would make a top 4 partnership imo and then add Suarez and perhaps Carrasco, if possible. Then it would be a double decent window

Tomb Bombadil

FFP is blocking our spending. Limitation of wage increase/year is a problem for us.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/premier-league-update-their-ffp-rules
But why is the salary cap the problem and why can we still sign loan players? For a loan players we also have to pay the salary. If the salary is the problem, Emery would have said, we have to sell players first, before we can buy new ones.

We had a lot of departures in the summerw with Mertesacker, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ospina, Perez, Campbell and on the other side are: Leno, Torreira, Sokratis, Lichtsteiner and Guendouzi. In addition, there are new revenues, which can be reinvested in the salary this year (New Adidas and Emirates deal).

So the salary cap should not be the main problem. Or do I miss something? I can imagine that management doesn't want to invest money in winter. With a loan you have hardly any risk. And then in the summer they might clear out first and then specifically fill the gaps. Would make the most sense for me at least.

Jack_The_Lad

with a loan you could go around paying a salary if you managed to get the parent club to pay the wages and paying a fee instead I guess. we could probably pay Barcelona a monthly loan fee the amount of suarez' salary and therefore not have an additional salary on our books.

LeafsBro

If the Benatia for Ramsey swap rumour is true, and then somehow we manage to get both Suarez and Carrasco on loans with option to buy, this would be an unreal January window.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
But why is the salary cap the problem and why can we still sign loan players? For a loan players we also have to pay the salary. If the salary is the problem, Emery would have said, we have to sell players first, before we can buy new ones.

We had a lot of departures in the summerw with Mertesacker, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ospina, Perez, Campbell and on the other side are: Leno, Torreira, Sokratis, Lichtsteiner and Guendouzi. In addition, there are new revenues, which can be reinvested in the salary this year (New Adidas and Emirates deal).

So the salary cap should not be the main problem. Or do I miss something? I can imagine that management doesn't want to invest money in winter. With a loan you have hardly any risk. And then in the summer they might clear out first and then specifically fill the gaps. Would make the most sense for me at least.

The salary on loan players doesn't count against the cap. It still rests with the club that owns the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom