• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can safely assume we have not seen the same Pepe. Comparing him to Iwobi is a bad joke.

Forget the goals he has scored. Giroud is a 30 goal season man in France and a 20 goal season man in England. It's pretty much across the board that it is easier to score in France. The quality of defenders, keepers and teams is lower.

Look at what he does other than goals and I'm afraid it's beyond average. He dribbles in the wrong areas. He loses the ball and doesn't track back. He doesn't actually take his man on and beat him that often. He isn't a 50 million pound player and .

If we buy a winger from France we buy someone who beats players for fun and has a really high ceiling. Not off one season based on a goal tally.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Who knows, if Kroenke isn't giving us enough money to spend, he may be a Tottenham/Chelsea/Liverpool/United/City by secret hahaha.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Really worrying that's even loan links are dying.

Who’s actually available though? No one in my mind who’s going to bring us much closer to the top 4.

I’m happy with waiting until the summer, clearing a few of the big earners off the books and bringing in some quality players with the freed up funds.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Come on give the guy chance it's same s**t as last year we going nowhere with these group of players even if we play more attacking football

I'm giving him a chance, he has to get top CL or get sacked.

We've signed plenty of good players, we should be doing better. And the fool doesn't want to play our best players.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
No interest in this (literally) poverty transfer window. No signings we could make would improve this **** house squad and management anyway.

Detestable club.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The squad and the club is a mess, what’s one of the best cures for such a mess? Talented young players on long term contracts. Simple as that.

If the club can find someone on loan till the end of the season then grand. But permanent transfers should focus solely on talented prospects who can be put on relatively low wages and grow the value of the squad.

We can’t afford the very best prospects, de ligt, de jong, Ndombele etc, we have to aim for the 20-30m bracket, or the real gems like Guendouzi and Mavro for under 10m. You could maybe get Fornals, Ismaila Sarr and Malang Sarr or Fernando Calero for the price of de Ligt. Not to mention the really obscure players i don’t know about.

Get rid of as many high wage older players as possible, and pack the squad with prospects. If we have to wait for the summer then so be it.

We’re in a crisis, we need CL football. The problem is that our squad isn’t good enough and our wage bill is too high. We’re in danger of truly f*cking up. Pray that we win the EL, but come the summer we have to forget about a lot of our current players. Having good young players is the only thing that will get us out of this mess, we have to concentrate solely on that.

Leeroy1979

No interest in this (literally) poverty transfer window. No signings we could make would improve this **** house squad and management anyway.

Detestable club.
There are signings that we could make that will improve us in certain areas, even with our financial constraints. The good players we have haven't become **** after 1 loss (although it is a **** result) and emery hasn't become a **** manager after 1 loss. His track record proves that. Anyone who thought that we would magically transform under a new manager in 1 window is crazy, as crazy as wanting him out after half a season.

I am as frustrated as everybody else and by god I wish we would just go and spunk millions to improve us but that's not reality. Reality is we brought in mislintat to go down the Dortmund route of buying under the radar and developing. We can only start that in the summer so far now its a case of shoring it up. I am confident (some would say deluded)we will get back to being a top team, but it's going to be bit by bit

Leeroy1979

The squad and the club is a mess, what’s one of the best cures for such a mess? Talented young players on long term contracts. Simple as that.

If the club can find someone on loan till the end of the season then grand. But permanent transfers should focus solely on talented prospects who can be put on relatively low wages and grow the value of the squad.

We can’t afford the very best prospects, de ligt, de jong, Ndombele etc, we have to aim for the 20-30m bracket, or the real gems like Guendouzi and Mavro for under 10m. You could maybe get Fornals, Ismaila Sarr and Malang Sarr or Fernando Calero for the price of de Ligt. Not to mention the really obscure players i don’t know about.

Get rid of as many high wage older players as possible, and pack the squad with prospects. If we have to wait for the summer then so be it.

We’re in a crisis, we need CL football. The problem is that our squad isn’t good enough and our wage bill is too high. We’re in danger of truly f*cking up. Pray that we win the EL, but come the summer we have to forget about a lot of our current players. Having good young players is the only thing that will get us out of this mess, we have to concentrate solely on that.
I like the idea of rejuvenating our squad with fresh young talent but feel we will need to keep some experience or we will be rudderless. If we want young prospects to thrive then they have to have leadership and guidance on the field and that comes from experience. Agree with shipping out older high wages who are not doing it but are we really so above signing older, more experienced players if the right deal is there? Godin won't do inters back line any harm next year and he's no spring chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom