• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like the idea of rejuvenating our squad with fresh young talent but feel we will need to keep some experience or we will be rudderless. If we want young prospects to thrive then they have to have leadership and guidance on the field and that comes from experience. Agree with shipping out older high wages who are not doing it but are we really so above signing older, more experienced players if the right deal is there? Godin won't do inters back line any harm next year and he's no spring chicken

Almost doesn’t matter what happens on the pitch, it’s about squad management. We need to shift from a squad with older players on high wages with little resale value to a squad with young players on low wages with high resale value. There will be problems as a result, but it is the only way out of this mess.

Leeroy1979

What if you play özil and get worse results, is that better?
Risk he has to take in my opinion. I think results would improve but if they don't I guess emery in vindicated in his actions. Just hope he doesn't pitch in him against Chelsea then make him the scapegoat if we have a thrashing as it's unlikely we will beat them anyway given what we all saw yesterday

Leeroy1979

Almost doesn’t matter what happens on the pitch, it’s about squad management. We need to shift from a squad with older players on high wages with little resale value to a squad with young players on low wages with high resale value. There will be problems as a result, but it is the only way out of this mess.
I see your point but it does seem to be the remit of a selling club. When we were great we never worried about resale value just who was right for the team at that time. I suppose it's the new face of football these days tho

Leeroy1979

I would also add that it is about what happens on the pitch as success there and getting back to the cl is the only real solution to our situation. A great young squad that is not in the cl is not really good enough

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I see your point but it does seem to be the remit of a selling club. When we were great we never worried about resale value just who was right for the team at that time. I suppose it's the new face of football these days tho

Our only hope for success with our current owner is to be like Dortmund. Dortmund are a selling club, but they win the odd title. Realistically that’s our aspiration. Dortmund know what they are, they buy good young players and sell them for higher fees and then reinvest, so that’s what we have to emulate.

Under Kroenke we will never compete with the very biggest clubs on a regular basis. Youth is our only option, which is why Mislintat is our most valuable asset.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
What if you play özil and get worse results, is that better?
Yes. It's as plain as day we need him for this season as those behind him aren't very good. If it doesn't get better, then sell him in the summer and move on.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I know this is off topic but we're owned by an American oligarch. I always find it fascinating how the West uses the term 'oligarch' exclusively for Russian's whilst the term is equally applicable to their own billionaires domestically.

While it's true that the United States has moved closer to oligarchy over the years, I'm not sure I'd classify Stan Kroenke as part of a small group that largely controls American politics. His political influence is relatively minimal for a billionaire. There's more to being an oligarch than just being rich.

On the other hand, the Oxford dictionary specifies "(especially in Russia)" in its definition of oligarch. So that's probably why.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Draxler is a much better winger/AM than we have in 200k/week Mkhi.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Draxler is a much better winger/AM than we have in 200k/week Mkhi.

Ehh, Draxler isn't even playing as winger anymore for Tuchel. He is more a CM and sometimes a CAM now.
Draxler had no success as Winger for a very long time, he just stagnated massively. As CM he impressed a bit more in the last games and because of the lack of midfielders at PSG, he could play a role there for them.

Let's not debate about Draxler in this forum again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom