• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, even if we get Ødegaard I can definitely see a midfielder 3 of both of them inverted on either side of Partey working quite well. ESR and another rotational midfielder that can cover for Partey would be a pretty strong midfield then.
If we had a mid 3 of Buendia, Partey, Ödegaard (or another creative player), we wouldn't be as reliant on a link up player like Laca at 9 and I could see a front 3 of ESR, Auba, Saka working.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
If we had a mid 3 of Buendia, Partey, Ödegaard (or another creative player), we wouldn't be as reliant on a link up player like Laca at 9 and I could see a front 3 of ESR, Auba, Saka working.
Yeah and maybe Buendia at LW with ESR in midfield too. If somehow Douzi comes back and extends we may not need a 3rd midfield option as he'd be able to rotate with Partey as well.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

I wonder if Ødegaard could play the number 8 role? If he could, then we should do our best to get him in for longer and play ESR next to him as a right side of midfield 10.

Buendia usually comes in from the right, so I would expect to see him there, it would mean we would need a better right back, capable of good attack and defense.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah and maybe Buendia at LW with ESR in midfield too. If somehow Douzi comes back and extends we may not need a 3rd midfield option as he'd be able to rotate with Partey as well.
What do you think about Buendia next to Partey in a double pivot? He's really an attacking player, but puts in a shift and is a pretty good tackler. His heatmap shows him being a all over the place, even though he starts out as RW. If that could work then he'd be a real catalyst for tactical flexibility.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I wonder if Ødegaard could play the number 8 role? If he could, then we should do our best to get him in for longer and play ESR next to him as a right side of midfield 10.

Buendia usually comes in from the right, so I would expect to see him there, it would mean we would need a better right back, capable of good attack and defense.
I'd look at it the other way around - Ödegaard as a left sided 10 and ESR as a right sided 8.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
What do you think about Buendia next to Partey in a double pivot? He's really an attacking player, but puts in a shift and is a pretty good tackler. His heatmap shows him being a all over the place, even though he starts out as RW. If that could work then he'd be a real catalyst for tactical flexibility.
Yeah, can definitely see him slot in a Santi like role tbh. He looks physically strong with an aggressive streak and work ethic so why not. In that case Ødegaard and ESR could easily rotate or play together as well if we stick with 4-2-3-1.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Problem with combining Ødegaard and Buendia is that they would both be more suited to playing on the right half of the field. Either as playmaking winger or as a RCM in a midfield 3. In a midfield three I would play Partey at RCM though, because playing him at 6 would be too limiting for a player of his ability.

If you really want to combine Ødegaard and Buendia in your line-up you need to play 4-2-3-1 with a double pivot and Ødegaard at CAM with Buendia as RW. Behind them you would have Partey and another dynamic / defensive midfielder (Bissouma / Camavinga mould).

Buendia, ESR and Ødegaard in one line-up would be incredibly risky I think, but if you really want to I'd look at Buendia in the double pivot, ESR at CAM and Ødegaard RW.

Buendia definitely has more defensive contribution than Ødegaard.

I highly rate both by the way and I definitely think Buendia is a 30-40m player, but I think it's a bit foolish to pay 30-40m to a Championship team, that just doesn't represent a sensible deal.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
That's definitely not the most logical way to play them all. This would make a lot more sense:

Auba
Saka - ESR - Ødegaard
Buendia - Partey

I like it, actually.
Yeah, that looks great too but I'm concerned with moving Saka from RW. I think that's his best position.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He has played there in the Norwegian national team. Under Lagerbeck they mostly played 4-4-2. He being one of the central midfielders.

I think if we play 4-2-3-1, he could play as an 8 beside Partey as a 6, with ESR as a 10.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He has played there in the Norwegian national team. Under Lagerbeck they mostly played 4-4-2. He being one of the central midfielders.

I think if we play 4-2-3-1, he could play as an 8 beside Partey as a 6, with ESR as a 10.
That sounds encouraging. I was wondering given his previous playing as a central midfielder if he could play beside Partey.

In that case, if we get both Buendia and Ødegaard permanently it could work out greatly in our favor.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Am not interested on signing Buendia. Oddegard loan with option is a million times better than spunking 30m on this guy.

Guendouzi, Partey, Oddegard, ESR is actually pretty creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom