• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Something he's added to his game this year is goals, he didn't really score any last season. If he can carry that into the prem the he'll be useful, we still lack goals from midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Should be considered an option if real madrid asking too much for Odergaard. Even tho 30m for Buendia is too much

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Weren’t you gagging for Willian last summer?

No jackarse. I did think Willian was a smart signing though. How are you comparing some unknown in Buendia to a serial winner in Willian? Is your head okay?

Willian had a better year in The Premier League than Buendia is well. The fact that you're comparing Buendia to one of our worst performances this year and he still loses speaks volumes.

Have a great day.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
No jackarse. I did think Willian was a smart signing though. How are you comparing some unknown in Buendia to a serial winner in Willian? Is your head okay?

Willian had a better year in The Premier League than Buendia is well. The fact that you're comparing Buendia to one of our worst performances this year and he still loses speaks volumes.

Have a great day.

Don't know about that.
The bigger "winner" is Willian, yes, but that is coming as a given with Chelsea for obvious reasons.

Wouldn't even want to compare the two, because Buendia is so good defensively and aggressive whilst being even a better option as a CM imo.

Buendia's season in the Prem was on par with almost any other midfielder, he was awesome and that's why clubs got interested to begin with.

Cazorla wasn't a serial winner and got his big move to us with like 27 or so.
I don't think I'd take another CM right now in the league over prime Santi.

Titles really don't matter much in terms of evaluating an individual player.

truth_hurts

It's a fallacy that Buendia was some kind of force in The Premier League. He was benched a lot by Norwich ffs! People just have a hard on for his stat dna data - the same system that landed us El Nenny.

There probably isn't an attainable cm id want in world football over a prime Santi. Granted he didn't win much pre Arsenal but he was starting and starring in the champions league - Buendia is doing well in The Championship.

I also don't understand why people ignore that Willian was a vital cog in Chelsea's success.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
It's a fallacy that Buendia was some kind of force in The Premier League. He was benched a lot by Norwich ffs! People just have a hard on for his stat dna data - the same system that landed us El Nenny.

There probably isn't an attainable cm id want in world football over a prime Santi. Granted he didn't win much pre Arsenal but he was starting and starring in the champions league - Buendia is doing well in The Championship.

I also don't understand why people ignore that Willian was a vital cog in Chelsea's success.
The likes of Maddison and Grealish had similar seasons to Buendia in the Championship and your looking at £60-70m players now which realistically we would never likely pay. There's countless others who've easily made the jump to the PL in recent years. About time we took the chance on them before someone else does for a change.

truth_hurts

The likes of Maddison and Grealish had similar seasons to Buendia in the Championship and your looking at £60-70m players now which realistically we would never likely pay. There's countless others who've easily made the jump to the PL in recent years. About time we took the chance on them before someone else does for a change.
You're not wrong. I would just rather have a midfield of quality before taking risks. Xhaka is not good enough, giving Guendouzi a second chance would be a risk, giving Willock more starts would be a risk, trusting Ceballos would be a risk, using Torreria despite his unhappiness would be a bigger risk - making Buendia our big midfield signing would be a risk.

I'd like him as a squad player though.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
You're not wrong. I would just rather have a midfield of quality before taking risks. Xhaka is not good enough, giving Guendouzi a second chance would be a risk, giving Willock more starts would be a risk, trusting Ceballos would be a risk, using Torreria despite his unhappiness would be a bigger risk - making Buendia our big midfield signing would be a risk.

I'd like him as a squad player though.
That's fair. I'm not sure I'd be as keen on him at the quoted £40m price, that seems too much and if they get promoted I doubt we'd move for him anyway. He's definitely an option but I guess it all depends on what happens with Ødegaard.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Any Arsenal swoop for Emiliano Buendia in the summer transfer window could depend on what happens with Martin Ødegaard’s future at the Gunners, Football League World has learned exclusively.

Norwich star Buendia has had another fine campaign in the Sky Bet Championship with him seemingly set to help fire the Canaries back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.
Throughout the campaign, though, he has been linked heavily with a move to the Gunners as Mikel Arteta looks to add more creative spark to his side.

However, Football League World has learned that the Gunners are currently working on what their budget will be for the summer and that they are aiming to try and keep Martin Ødegaard as a priority, though another loan deal is currently more likely for next season.

Arsenal will talk to Real Madrid over the future of the Norwegian before doing anything else ahead of the next transfer window, and if an agreement is reached whereby he only signs again on loan, extra funds will be available for the Gunners to then make further deals – with Buendia still very much on their radar.

A situation that is still fluid, then, but if Arsenal and Real Madrid reach an agreement where Ødegaard only signs again on loan, Buendia could well be targeted for a permanent deal in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom