<

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

Emiliano Martinez

[​IMG]

Nationality: Argentina [​IMG]
    Position: Goalkeeper
    Height: 1.94
    Dominant Foot: Right
    Contract Until: 2022​

2. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Don't rate him at all and wanted a better no. 2 but would love to be proven wrong if he had to play. Seize it!

3. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

If he gets chances this year he’s going to smash it, was an absolute revelation at Reading and at times almost singlehandedly kept them in the Championship.

I seriously think that if Leno isn’t careful there could be a serious threat to his place from Emi.

Makavelii, celestis and Aevi like this.
  4. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Absolutely superb tonight. We have two exceptional keepers in him and Leno. Both young and hungry. Love it.

5. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Wow, just wow!

6. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

That Reading spell made him. Fighting relegation in the Championship has really given him some steel nerves.

He was unbelievably secure tonight.

7. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Great performance from him, keep it up!

8. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Always liked Martinez. Has the aura/confidence of a top goalkeeper and will push Leno hard this season. Strong performance tonight.

9. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

His distribution, in particular with the ball in hand, is also exceptional.

krackpot and MutableEarth like this.
  10. Rex Banter

I told you all, Emi’s the real deal. Guy’s a top quality keeper.

I genuinely think he’s in with a shot of getting ahead of Leno this year, who’s no mug either.

11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Based on a words from the poster I respect most on here I've been backing Martinez over Leno since the summer.

I like him better!

mavelous likes this.
  12. Rex Banter

Cheers mate, always rated you too.

mavelous and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  13. mavelous

mavelous Tinfoil hat aficionado Trusted

So happy for him, and of course for us.

Was worrried at the start of the season, but this will have been an immense confidence booster and great experience for him. Our toughest cup game this side of winter and he gets a confident clean sheet

Rex Banter likes this.
  14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Great finally to have tow good gk in good age. Credit to him too he working hard

15. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

A really commanding performance tonight. Good catches, good distribution and good attempts to kick out to the wide areas. His vision set up the third goal but what I liked most was that he was vocal. He was pulling team mates into place early on when defending. He owned the box tonight.

krackpot likes this.
  16. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

So commanding on the corners!

17. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

His command of his area and handling of crosses is much better than Leno. The German is probably an even better shot stopper, not that Emi isn`t, and maybe slightly better when it comes to coming quickly off the line.

Always liked Martinez a lot, seems like a great lad who has been very patient, and he has that aura about him that you want in goalkeepers.

18. Rex Banter

Gotta start him in the Caraboa next week and all our European games and he can put himself into form.

I like Leno but I honestly think his all round game isn’t on Emi’s level, a couple of bad games and he could be on the bench.

krengon and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  19. Top Quality

Top Quality Active Member

I've been really happy with Leno ever since he came here, but this is the kind of performance that can put a bit of pressure on Leno if he shows any signs of weakness. Loved the performance, good saves and secure in the box. Top quality.

mavelous likes this.
  20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Doesn't Consider Wenger a Legend

He’s always been good. He’ll be waiting a long time though, think Leno despite a few mistakes is in a very solid position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.