<

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Better than Leno IMO. Game time will prove it!

2. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

If AM had decided who was in the risk group for Covid-19, anyone over 21 would be in lockdown.

3. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Decent today but still like mustafi and xhaka a big mistake is always around the corner with him. Hope he can prove me wrong.

4. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I actually missed it, came back to the TV and Emi had his hands on his head which could mean anything with that gimp.

Riou likes this.
  5. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Gone in the summer, deserves to be a starter at this level

truth_hurts likes this.
  6. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

MY number uno

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  7. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Always been a fan. Distribution is top class. That pass to Auba yesterday was Ederson-esque.

One fault I think he has in his game is a confidence that moves into arrogance at times which leads to errors/mistakes. Reminds of Szczesny in that sense.

8. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

Yeah, you could really see that he was looking for those long balls. Great appetite to prove himself as well Id say.

SA Gunner likes this.
  9. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

He was solid and what I liked most was the speed and variety of his distribution. I didnt get nervous when he was pressed either. Its a good start for him and a chabce for us to get a proper sustained run out.

Football Manager likes this.
  10. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Looking very good. Reckon he will get even better the more he plays and gains the much needed confidence and respect from the team.

If anyone has any vids of some of his passes, feel free to share.

11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Think there is no surprise that we are starting to win away games now that he is playing!

Football Manager and Trilly like this.
  12. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

More of the same today.

Talented shot-stopping and even better distributing. Strong aerial presence too.

But a few times today, Martinez put us under unnecessary pressure by making the wrong decision i.e. using his evident talent to play a pass to a defender without thinking about whether that defender was in a good position to progress play.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Never thought he is so good with the ball and long passing too an ability Leno lacks

krackpot likes this.
  14. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

It is a night and day different in keep distribution vs. Leno.

Martinez can kick and throw the ball pin point to our players in the opposing half.

Leno just passes it to his own defender.

15. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Never expected him to be so good. He has blown me away with his performances.

Long may it continue!

16. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

He's done really well since he came in.

17. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

His longer distribution is very good. While I like some of his risks while passing short, we're playing with Mustafi and Holding, not Laporte and Van Djik, needs to be careful

18. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

his distribution is good from a goal kick or when he catches the ball and kicks it but when the ball is at his feet, he is just heavily passing to one of our defenders which might become risky against better teams if they aren't able to control the heavy pass

19. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

...man, Pirlo really was a bit of the town bike in Italy when you think about it...Jesus, who hasn’t had him over there!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Rex Banter and Trilly like this.
  20. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I admire his professionalism. He’s been at the club for a long time. Don’t recall him complaining and he’s playing well when given chances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.