Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.
Will he be here next season?
I hope so. Really rediscovered his Reading form since Leno's injury and hopefully he can sustain it.
I rate Leno but Martinez deserves to go into the season as the starting keeper and it's his position to lose if he doesn't continue with this impressive form.
I want him to be number 1 and sustain this recent form. He might just be everything Woj was supposed to be and more. Make him number 1 and extend his deal.
Really hope to see him here for a season or two.
Might be some Bernd bridges if Mikel isn’t careful.
His form at the end of the season was probably the best we’ve seen a GK play since the Jens days.
His size is a massive step up from the tiny in comparison, Leno. Strong in the air, takes the pressure off the defenders.
Our best goalkeeper.
I think it be crazy to drop him, done extremely well. A bit tough on Leno who has genuinely not put a foot wrong but Emi stepped up and more
It's tough.eno is a very good shot stopper. Probably a little bit better than Emi.
But Emis bigger frame and ability to command his box and catch more balls makes him better suited to the EPL
Arsenal ready to cash in on Emiliano Martinez as he seeks No 1 spot
A quick summary for those without the subscription:
- Arsenal are prepared to sell Martinez since Arteta and co view Leno as #1
- Price was set by Raul to be min. 20m
- Martinez hopes that the price would be halved to around 10m
- If Emi goes we will need to buy a new GK
- Article mostly driven by Martinez interview with an argentinian news outlet where he said: “I have shown the club that I can play for them and when I return next season, I need to have more games. That is the only way I will stay at Arsenal.”, "My target is to consolidate my place with Arsenal and to become the Argentina No 1. I won’t stop until I get that and if I don’t play for Arsenal, then clearly, I would move on.”
my own opinion:
Interesting read, but I feel like the author emphasizes his own thoughts too much and presents them as facts to get views. The quotes from Martinez for the argentinian news outlet above seem to be the only source of information, and Mr. Crafton, the author, seems to have made a story out of it.
So essentially the timeline is:
- Raul wanted to sell Emi before covid happened for 20m
- Leno gets injured
- Emi shows that he's capable of challenging for #1 GK spot in England
- Emi states that he wants more games after a successful season
There's n ****ing way we sell Martinez and scramble for a replacement this late. This is nothing more than an ex daily mail journo making a meal out of nothing. Shame on athletic imo.
Agree, think it would be the wrong decision to sell him tbh. I rate Leno highly but Martinez looks the more suited to the PL. He derserves the chance to show his form is no fluke imo, before we make the decision on which one we sell.
Please don't sell Emi. Give him a fair go. When Leno goes to Bayern in three years. Neuer is 34 years old. We will regret selling him.
Is it just me or does he look 25 and 45 simultaneously?
Great game Emi! Should have upped your price to 15. Nice sendoff!
Please don't go.
Need to keep this lad.
100% starting the season as first choice.
Watch Arsenal Live Streams With StreamFootball.tv