• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emil Forsberg

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Yeah Peter Forsberg is an all-time great. What a player.
It's an enigma really. This town has produced so many NHL stars that statistically it's population should be 23 million but it's only home to about 30 000 people. The people here basically practice hockey like a religion, when the local team were relegated from the highest division last season the whole town practically went into depression. Personally I've never really been a fan of the sport, I prefer football.

blaze_of_glory

It's an enigma really. This town has produced so many NHL stars that statistically it's population should be 23 million but it's only home to about 30 000 people. The people here basically practice hockey like a religion, when the local team were relegated from the highest division last season the whole town practically went into depression. Personally I've never really been a fan of the sport, I prefer football.
Oh you're from his hometown? Yeah, Forsberg, Naslund, the Sedins.. Matias Ohlund too..? Any others?

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Oh you're from his hometown? Yeah, Forsberg, Naslund, the Sedins.. Matias Ohlund too..? Any others?
I wasn't born here but I've grown up and practically lived here all my life so I would still call it my hometown. Sundström is from here as well and Victor Hedman is one of the more recent ones who went on to play in the NHL.

Wilshero

Nah, Öhlund is from my home town. Same as Tomas Holmström and a couple of others.

Anyway, the Bayern game was not the best for a fair judgement of his abilities. Here is a link with some of his achievements this season:
That free kick against France is superb really.

Edit: That 'Swedish Messi' is a bit too much though.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
You an Avalanche fan? Must be depressing supporting a Kroenke team in two sports :lol:

No although when I use to watch NHL they were a entertaining team with likes of Forsberg, Sakic, Blake, Roy Etc. I did support and was a season ticket holder to the London Knights (ISL) then the Racers (EIHL) before they folded. I use to watch NHL between 98 till roughly 2007, I even managed to go across the pond to watch 3 live games. I lost interest in hockey with the rule changes and with the Racers folding.

FinnGooner

Established Member
The same was said about Eriksen and he is very good.

Eriksen has hit his ceiling, imo. My prediction is he will go to a bigger club at some point but won't make it big there. He is very good for Sp**s but I doubt he'd have much to offer for bigger teams. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just the feeling I have about him. Rafael Van Der Vaart MkII.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Eriksen has hit his ceiling, imo. My prediction is he will go to a bigger club at some point but won't make it big there. He is very good for Sp**s but I doubt he'd have much to offer for bigger teams.

Bit harsh tbh, how many players do we have that is 24 or more that have become a lot better or we bank on becoming better though? So far he's been better each season for them afaik and not sure why it wouldn't continue.

Edit: That said he's not WC yet imo.

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Eriksen has hit his ceiling, imo. My prediction is he will go to a bigger club at some point but won't make it big there. He is very good for Sp**s but I doubt he'd have much to offer for bigger teams. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just the feeling I have about him. Rafael Van Der Vaart MkII.
I feel that Rafael VdV comparison is unfair. VdV was an elite talent and a more talented than Sneijder. Its just his priorities and career choices were awful. Eriksen isn't that talented and can't be an iconic player. Sp**s is as good he'll ever get to imo.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I feel that Rafael VdV comparison is unfair. VdV was an elite talent and a more talented than Sneijder. Its just his priorities and career choices were awful. Eriksen isn't that talented and can't be an iconic player. Sp**s is as good he'll ever get to imo.
of course! :D If he had his priorities right, he would have chosen the right club.

skip spence

Emil Forsberg used to play for my (current) local team Malmo FF who made it to the group stages of the CL twice recently as some may remember. Good, energetic player but I doubt there's truth in the links as he's not of the technical quality required to play as a forward for the Arsenal.

Haven't seen him at Leipzig though, appears to've developed in leaps and bound of late.

Top Bottom