• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emil Forsberg

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Forsberg looks like a cross between Ramsey and Özil, so it would be nice to have a player that works hard, can pick a pass and is pretty decent at finishing.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
more like rosicky, not really a robben on the wings, not so much of a fabregas in 10, but great as a facilitator role..

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We don't need another player like Mkhitaryan, Özil or Ramsey. We're too narrow as it is.

We need a wide player who can actually beat the fullback when it's a 1 vs 1. Ox used to do that to an extent but we've sold him and never replaced him with an upgrade.

When we play too narrow, we just invite pressure from the opposition fullbacks.

Therefore, I don't want Forsberg.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We don't need another player like Mkhitaryan, Özil or Ramsey. We're too narrow as it is.

We need a wide player who can actually beat the fullback when it's a 1 vs 1. Ox used to do that to an extent but we've sold him and never replaced him with an upgrade.

When we play too narrow, we just invite pressure from the opposition fullbacks.

Therefore, I don't want Forsberg.

True, I'd only take another player of that profile if they were someone like Isco; someone so good you just take them regardless. Otherwise I'd look at Malcom on the right or Lemar on the left.

HBL

Established Member
True, I'd only take another player of that profile if they were someone like Isco; someone so good you just take them regardless. Otherwise I'd look at Malcom on the right or Lemar on the left.
Lemar has been rubbish this season and Malcom hasn’t really done much since the winter break and a large percentage of his goals come from outside the 18 yard box.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Lemar has been rubbish this season and Malcom hasn’t really done much since the winter break and a large percentage of his goals come from outside the 18 yard box.

Um, Lemar hasn't been rubbish. He's not been as good as last year, but the whole team hasn't, he's still a good player. And Malcom was clearly distracted by the transfer window, he's said himself he knows he hasn't been good enough. Again, he's still a good player. Most of Coutinho's goals are probably from outside the box, is that a problem? If you're discounting both Lemar and Malcom then i'm not quite sure what you're after.

HBL

Established Member
Um, Lemar hasn't been rubbish. He's not been as good as last year, but the whole team hasn't, he's still a good player. And Malcom was clearly distracted by the transfer window, he's said himself he knows he hasn't been good enough. Again, he's still a good player. Most of Coutinho's goals are probably from outside the box, is that a problem? If you're discounting both Lemar and Malcom then i'm not quite sure what you're after.
Lemar will cost £80m+ by the looks of things, Monaco owners will be laughing all the way to the bank if we pay that much for him and yes he has been bang average for Monaco this season. If we’re going to spend that much on a winger we may as well try and sign Bailey or Mahrez.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Lemar will cost £80m+ by the looks of things, Monaco owners will be laughing all the way to the bank if we pay that much for him and yes he has been bang average for Monaco this season. If we’re going to spend that much on a winger we may as well try and sign Bailey or Mahrez.

Aye for 80m+ it'd be too steep, but I reckon he'd go for about 60m. I don't think we'll raise much in player sales this summer so if we're lucky the board will sanction one 50-60m purchase, but they wouldn't bid 90m like last summer. I've no problem with Mahrez either, or Bailey, though I think we'll be priced out of that one.

HBL

Established Member
Aye for 80m+ it'd be too steep, but I reckon he'd go for about 60m. I don't think we'll raise much in player sales this summer so if we're lucky the board will sanction one 50-60m purchase, but they wouldn't bid 90m like last summer. I've no problem with Mahrez either, or Bailey, though I think we'll be priced out of that one.
I’m not sure Leicester/Bayer Leverkusen have the financial power to demand more than £70-80m for a player, especially when one of them wants to leave their club. If there is any truth to the England rumours with Bailey he might want to join the premier league.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We are due some Swedish steal, that we missed Zlatan twice is AWs biggest mistake

He plays out wide for the NT to great effect

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I’m not sure Leicester/Bayer Leverkusen have the financial power to demand more than £70-80m for a player, especially when one of them wants to leave their club. If there is any truth to the England rumours with Bailey he might want to join the premier league.

Bayer Leverkusen have enough financial power to keep certain players, at least for a while - they're just not very attractive as a club. Rudi Völler is a staunch negotiator, too.

Besides, I don't think Bailey will transfer this summer already. He can stay at Leverkusen who look quite solid this year, and go and play CL or EL with them next season. If he continues on this year's trajectory, he'll command a fee above 100m, similar to Dembele.

I'd much rather have Lemar or Forsberg for 60m than Mahrez. I just don't really see what the Leicester boy is about; he's been rather average since their PL winning season.

HBL

Established Member
Bayer Leverkusen have enough financial power to keep certain players, at least for a while - they're just not very attractive as a club. Rudi Völler is a staunch negotiator, too.

Besides, I don't think Bailey will transfer this summer already. He can stay at Leverkusen who look quite solid this year, and go and play CL or EL with them next season. If he continues on this year's trajectory, he'll command a fee above 100m, similar to Dembele.

I'd much rather have Lemar or Forsberg for 60m than Mahrez. I just don't really see what the Leicester boy is about; he's been rather average since their PL winning season.
Mahrez and average are two words that don’t belong in the same sentence tbh. His close control is brilliant and he scores/creates goals. Likely to reach double figures for goals and assists in the league this season; already on 10 league goals this season.

The relationship he has with Vardy is great as well, there’s no reason why he couldn’t replicate that with Aubameyang. He does tend to drift in field, which probably means we’d need to see more going forward than we have from Bellerin this season. I’d prefer Bailey but Mahrez would definitley be my second choice.

Newchange

Just another no10 who will come inside and create more traffic. A winger is needed so bad this side to side football is painful to watch

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Just another no10 who will come inside and create more traffic. A winger is needed so bad this side to side football is painful to watch

I actually think we are better with strikers on the wings

s speedy tricky striker, there are a bunch of italians who would be willing to move and not be 75m+ like the frenchies and ze germans

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
If we're looking for a no nonsense winger, there are better and cheaper options available. Spending 70-100 mil on Lemar seems like a waste to me.

No one is spending 100m on Lemar, that'd be mad. Also what's a no nonsense winger, like Pat Nevin or someone?

Top Bottom