• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiscoGooner8

The Mbappe-effect has really messed up youngsters . All over sudden youngsters are expected to be world beaters at the age of 19. I used to call it the Wilshere-Fabregas effect. A 19 year old Lacazette was still playing LW for Lyon B and Aubameyang was struggling to score in Ligue 2. I won't even touch on Mane Salah Firmino who were still playing outside Europe at that age. Top level coaches believe these young players are good enough to be PL players , we need to give them time.
Agreed. I’m guilty of it myself. Messi was playing for Barca at 17 so if someone isn’t a starter by then and looking great then they’re crap.

Afro Mugo

It's one thing to accept a player isn't ready for PL football and it's another to suggest that their s*** at the age of 19 and will never make it . Saka has been criticized a lot the past few weeks and look at the performance he gave at LB . Top level coaches believe they're good enough be patient with them. Take your anger to the experienced overpaid pros who put in half hearted performances while they should be the ones guiding these youngsters .

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Take your anger to the experienced overpaid pros who put in half hearted performances while they should be the ones guiding these youngsters .
Pretty much this, our full experienced squad would probably lose the game as they usually do on tricky away games.
I was saying last season there is no difference between having a bad result with youngsters or experienced players, but at least youngsters give you something to look forward to or you could cash in on them if they can't make it here (like Iwobi).
All of our youngsters can play at this level, and for them, a draw away at Goodison Park is not a bad result, it's proof they can do it.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I'm a big fan of this kid and think he can become a star, but his first touch seems iffy. Not just based on yesterday.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The Mbappe-effect has really messed up youngsters . All over sudden youngsters are expected to be world beaters at the age of 19. I used to call it the Wilshere-Fabregas effect. A 19 year old Lacazette was still playing LW for Lyon B and Aubameyang was struggling to score in Ligue 2. I won't even touch on Mane Salah Firmino who were still playing outside Europe at that age. Top level coaches believe these young players are good enough to be PL players , we need to give them time.

Well, you might just have found the greatest argument for not playing them for us.

If those players were nowhere near a team of Arsenal's level at that age, then why the hell aren't our youngsters in the Championship or somewhere else gaining valuable game time and experience instead?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Would also mean less pressure from the fans.

And just as importantly, it would give them a reality check, that they haven't "made it" just because they're getting games for Arsenal.

Firmino, Lacazette, etc. Those mentioned players learned it the hard way. Our youngsters are way too comfortable in our already loser mentality squad.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Oh please :lol:. If Gnabry had came up today and had the exact same games he did back then for us now, you all would have come out and said he's overrated and should be loaned to the Championship or sold. It's easy now that he's away from us and doing well to turn around and say "we didn't give him a chance".

Spare me. You'd have been just as unsupportive as you're being now.
Not, I could look into his thread and show you how mad I was when we let him go... it’s not my fault you can’t recognize a player when it has the quality. It’s like Vela, he always had astonishing quality and he was never given the chance.

yorch44

He’s not ready based on one game? Was very sharp against city, he’s barely played this past year, at leipzig he was injured the whole time. Deserves a proper run of games before we say he’s not ready.

watched against city and he never came deep for the ball, he didn’t put intensity in the game... he didn’t show himself. He didn’t looked like a fresh player. And I say it again, and Saka as well... they are not ready for first eleven playing every week. They are not even close to Martinelli’s level. He is the only one with the current level to start every match.

yorch44

That’s what I am saying... they need development... people wants them to burn at 18... if they have 2 or 3 more years of development it’s pretty cool... they will have 20-21 years old and that’s still super young in football. But noooooo... I am a doubter because I don’t see the boy ready for first eleven at 18

yorch44

It was his first start in PL ffs, where did you see him playing every week?
Should I repeat you when I was referring to those implying he is best than Özil and he would give what the team needs and she should play instead of him?

Zaza

Not a playmaker... Lacks that emm..."imagination" you see from the likes of Özil, Eriksen etc.
Ridiculous to rule him out after one game.
Think he'd be better off outwide or as a 8. I knew it was foolish of Freddie to give him such playmaking responsibility.

My favorite from the academy! Had huge faith in him but injuries haven't helping him making his case!

Hope he can play many games until end of season and get some experience!

dbig

Thought we'd keep him around for the rest of the season. Should have plenty of chances with the squad we have and no new signings this window.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thought we'd keep him around for the rest of the season. Should have plenty of chances with the squad we have and no new signings this window.
Needs regular minutes, as do a lot of the guys. The only ones that aren't going are the ones who are regularly playing (Saka, Nelson, Willock).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom