• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

9jagooner

I'm glad ESR is doing well on loan.
I have always advocated loan moves for our young players especially those that are not deemed 'ready'.
On whether he should go on loan again next season, that's a decision that should be made at the end of the season. I will like to see his performance for Huddersfield over the last few games left in the season.

As for Eddie, I still think we should have sent him out on loan again after the Leeds loan. My opinion is that as a young footballer, you should be playing as often as you can instead of sitting on the bench or not making the bench at all. For his career, he should be fighting to play regularly. Unfortunately, at Arsenal, you've got to have Martinelli type outputs on a regular basis to avoid confidence bashing abuse from fans. Even Martinelli with his output was not saved after 2 to 3 sub-standard games.
Also, I suspect Arsenal will get a 'top striker' next season to replace one of Auba or Laca (or both) making it more difficult to get into the squad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You're mis-reading me hugely chap. I'm a HUGE ESR fan and think he's our best youngster. I don't think this is a good environment to be thrusting 19 (will be 20) year olds into though.
We have full control of the environment we set for ourselves, and we have no control of what happens when we send a player out on loan.
There is basically zero competition for attacking midfield position, Özil is a joke and Willock didn't impress that much.
The only question is are we going to replace Özil/Willock with a transfer deal or giving a chance to ESR.
I think it would be best if we could buy AMC who can also play on the left side, and we keep ESR to rotate with that player.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I love how OTT you guys all go with almost any young player.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

No one is going OTT for ESR, we're all just excited to have a talented young player on our books tearing up the championship.

Whether he can translate that quality to the prem and make the step up remains to be seen.
ESR can't perform worse than Özil.

ESR is not coming to replace Özil. He's coming to negate the need for Özil.

ESR can play as the most advance midfielder in a midfield three which Arteta intends to use long term.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

No one is going OTT for ESR, we're all just excited to have a talented young player on our books tearing up the championship.

Whether he can translate that quality to the prem and make the step up remains to be seen.
ESR can't perform worse than Özil.

ESR is not coming to replace Özil. He's coming to negate the need for Özil.

ESR can play as the most advance midfielder in a midfield three which Arteta intends to use long term.
Somebody placed him ahead of Özil, Xhaka, Willock and Douzi in the pecking order and was confident he would be more productive than all of them combined. I think that’s a bit OTT.

I like Smith-Rowe but people underestimate just how hard it is to be productive in the premier league.

He is a big talent that was doing very well before his 6 months + injury last season. Barely played football for almost a year last year. Now he is again showing very good signs in the Championship.

I think its fair to be excited if he can stay injury free!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He is a big talent that was doing very well before his 6 months + injury last season. Barely played football for almost a year last year. Now he is again showing very good signs in the Championship.

I think its fair to be excited if he can stay injury free!
I’m excited too bro.

I just don’t agree with setting the bar so high, sets the kids up for ridicule if they don’t hit the ground running and stay there. Look at Nelson.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I’m excited too bro.

I just don’t agree with setting the bar so high, sets the kids up for ridicule if they don’t hit the ground running and stay there. Look at Nelson.
Mate, the bar can't be lower than what it currently is. Competition is Xhaka, Özil and Douzi which is a joke.
This is the worst set of midfielders we've had for the last 20 years and I think he could just walk in.
I honestly think if there is any talent in this lad, he should have no problem replacing those clowns we are currently playing.
It's not like he will have a burden of replacing Fabregas or Cazorla.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Doesn’t matter how he does on loan, when he comes back here he’ll be out on the ****ing wing again or tried as a 10. Same with Willock, we’ll play them anywhere but their best position as an 8.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Very exciting player. I do have doubts about whether he has the vision/creativity to play as a "no. 10" though. Not sure that's his thing.

He needs to be able to start deeper, play give-and-goes and drive with the ball.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Very exciting player. I do have doubts about whether he has the vision/creativity to play as a "no. 10" though. Not sure that's his thing.

He's clearly an 8 imo. Could work very well as the right-sided midfielder in a 4-3-3. A cross between the role Kevin De Bruyne plays for City, and Aaron Ramsey played for us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s 20 soon and a million miles away from getting minutes here. How good is he?

Arsenal have probably been the poorest top club in the league at developing and bringing through stars from within their ranks.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He’s 20 soon and a million miles away from getting minutes here. How good is he?

Arsenal have probably been the poorest top club in the league at developing and bringing through stars from within their ranks.

Million Miles away? Did he not play games last season? Weird take

GDeep™

League is very weak
Million Miles away? Did he not play games last season? Weird take
He’ll most likely go on loan again though. Not really knocking on the door of the first team.

Arteta probably sign some young foreign midfielders this summer, the old days of Wenger promoting youth by sacrificing his incoming transfers are over.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He’ll most likely go on loan again though. Not really knocking on the door of the first team.

Arteta probably sign some young foreign midfielders this summer, the old days of Wenger promoting youth by sacrificing his incoming transfers are over.

Hm i think this view is somewhat warranted but Rowe looks proper talented. Two loans in a row is not necessarily a bad thing. Lets see, would be very disappointed if he did not get a proper chance at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom