Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

I still regard him as our best prospect, it's just unfortunate that an injury got in the way of him getting more opportunities here this season. Really excited to see him under Arteta next year.

2. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Got worried just reading the 1st paragraph and that he's leaving us:lol:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 likes this.
  3. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Brilliant talent, seems a bit hesitant to take a shot even when its on, suprising because I thought he had a decent shot on him.

4. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Also think he probably edges the others, but Saka is Saka - could dominate like Bale did, back then .

Symbia and Anders Harbo like this.
  5. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

6. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Great talent, only injuries can stop him.

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Smith-Rowe has to get his chances at Arsenal next season not only a cup game i'll loan him out only if there interest from PL club because i think he need 1 season in PL to settle he really impressive the movement and the creativity.

8. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

If this guy can fulfil his potential I'd really back him to confuse a lot of people over the next 10-15 years by having two surnames with no hyphen between them.

9. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

I think Smith-Rowe should stay here next season. If he is fit, he'll get game time. He just has to do well during pre-season. Joe Willock and Nelson are the prospects that need a loan. I think Smith-Rowe has all the attributes to a modern 8.

truth_hurts and oh to be a goon like this.
  10. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

MutableEarth, krackpot and Aevi like this.
  11. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

12. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

Watching a bit of the game and he's showing some real moments of quality. He had a really nice dribble bursting through midfield, made a nice run through on goal (which he sadly squandered with a weak shot at the keeper), has played pretty progressive passes and showcased some nice control of the ball. He isn't particularly involved defensively and is walking/light jogging a fair bit compared to others, but that could be intentional.

All of Huddersfield's threatening attacks are coming through him. I love me a bit of Smith Rowe.

13. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Dunno why we sent him on loan in the first place. He could‘ve gotten some serious minutes for us, especially with Özil sidelined.

Oxeki likes this.
  14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

15. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Really? This has been an excellent loan for him. He needed to play games after many injuries and very little playing time at Leipzig. He would probably have gotten some minutes for us but much better playing 15 games for Huddersfield, doing very well and coming back full of confidence.

Elite Smarts and oh to be a goon like this.
  16. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Granted I am not entirely neutral, but I think he's had a very good loan spell. Coming to a club crying out for creativity, he has been given a lot of freedom to play.

I don't think he would have gotten anywhere near the minutes at Arsenal.

Aevi likes this.
  17. Camron

Camron Established Member

Time to watch some highlights of our boy’s season.

American_Gooner and samshere like this.
  18. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

19. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

@TromsoGooner @GoonerJeeves
    I don‘t doubt that this has been a good loan, I‘m just wondering if he couldn‘t help us with the lack of attacking midfielders we currectly have.

Even if he got more minutes at Huddersfield, at Arsenal he would play against stronger opposition, training with better players all the while being personally watched by Arteta. Ultimately I think that is more valuable than the minutes he gets at Huddersfield, but it‘s not a terrible decision by any means.

Mrs Bergkamp and Maybe like this.
  20. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Elite run from Smith-Rowe there to win a free kick.

Our biggest talent!

Oxeki likes this.