• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The only thing that worries me about him is constant injury problems that he has. Wouldn't like to see another Diaby or Wilshere at Arsenal

More likely to be caused by growth. He hasn't suffered a fracture. His injuries are muscle related and he has spent a good while over the summer rehabbing and rebalancing. The groin strain was probably just a niggle while returning to first team intensity. Something we should expect Ballerina, Holding and Tierney to suffer.

Honestly though, ESR is something else. Ceballos is keeping it warm for him because when ESR explodes this team will receive a different dimension. His shooting technique is incredible.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wouldn't be adverse to ESR being loaned in Europe. Firmly believe that he is our most talented youngster and a season of first team football will do him good. Comes back next year and replaces Mkhi/Iwobi's role from last season,

Impact

Established Member
Looks like Smith-Rowe is staying till January at least. Think he can provide a different option on the flanks and at #10.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We need to stop hyping up young players until they prove themselves. Look at Reiss Nelson, all that hype and he can't handle first team football. Then you got Willock, no hype but can play with adults.
You are right, it often pans out that way.

I still think ESR is one of our most promising and potentially most complete players. It's really annoying that he has injury issues.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We need to stop hyping up young players until they prove themselves. Look at Reiss Nelson, all that hype and he can't handle first team football. Then you got Willock, no hype but can play with adults.

Some day people will understand that youth football and the football at the highest level are absolute miles apart and showing promise and scoring loads at youth level in absolutely no way, shape or form means that you're gonna be good enough for a club like Arsenal. Absolutely none whatsoever. You need something else which only becomes apparent when you've made it to the first team level. Some players have it and some just don't.

I go back to Mourinho's melon analogy. Only when you open them up and taste can you tell if they're good.

There are so many other factors other than showing promise and having talent. Mentally, physically, tactically all these things are so much more important at premier league level. Adapting to the pace, having less time on the ball having to be more alert against greater quality. Youth football cannot prepare you for this. Hence why managers will first give these young players the opportunity to train with the first team, send them out on loan and then after that make a decision on if they're ready or not.

With Nelson, I've said it before, to me it honestly seems like he lacks that real explosiveness of a top quality first team winger, maybe he has it but he certainly hasn't come close to showing it so far. Maybe he's simply playing within himself but when you're thrown into the deep in you either sink or swim, at the moment Nelson is drowning and he needs to get his head above the water and start swimming before its too late.

He slipped last day. Very unfortunate.

I don't know why people are attacking his ability and talent because of the injury. He is very talented. He has been one of the best performer at u23 level since coming back.

Everyone who watched him before x-mas last year know what he can do. He has good chance of making it here if he can keep fit.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Some day people will understand that youth football and the football at the highest level are absolute miles apart and showing promise and scoring loads at youth level in absolutely no way, shape or form means that you're gonna be good enough for a club like Arsenal. Absolutely none whatsoever. You need something else which only becomes apparent when you've made it to the first team level. Some players have it and some just don't.

I go back to Mourinho's melon analogy. Only when you open them up and taste can you tell if they're good.

There are so many other factors other than showing promise and having talent. Mentally, physically, tactically all these things are so much more important at premier league level. Adapting to the pace, having less time on the ball having to be more alert against greater quality. Youth football cannot prepare you for this. Hence why managers will first give these young players the opportunity to train with the first team, send them out on loan and then after that make a decision on if they're ready or not.

With Nelson, I've said it before, to me it honestly seems like he lacks that real explosiveness of a top quality first team winger, maybe he has it but he certainly hasn't come close to showing it so far. Maybe he's simply playing within himself but when you're thrown into the deep in you either sink or swim, at the moment Nelson is drowning and he needs to get his head above the water and start swimming before its too late.

Nelson is def explosive. His burst of speed to accelerate is elite, his top speed is good, but not world class like young Theo or Auba. I really think Nelson is simply struggling to adjust to the physicality of men's football. He has gotten stronger, but still doesn't look comfortable imposing his will on defenders. I feel like the other prospects have simply adapted quicker to the physicality at that level. The next area is tactical understanding and anticipation. That is probably what's going to determine if he ends up making it here in the long run.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He slipped last day. Very unfortunate.

I don't know why people are attacking his ability and talent because of the injury. He is very talented. He has been one of the best performer at u23 level since coming back.

Everyone who watched him before x-mas last year know what he can do. He has good chance of making it here if he can keep fit.
There shouldn't be any questions about his ability, but as I've said long time ago, he is super injury prone player and will stay like that. That's the reason I expect nothing from his career but will be happy if he stays fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom