• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glad he is back!

Had a few good moments but overall you know he can play better! Hopefully he can stay injury free and keep pushing!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Did he play on the wing or in midfield for this game? Didn’t get to watch it...

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Did he play on the wing or in midfield for this game? Didn’t get to watch it...
He played right wing. Found it hard to get into his usual range of motion but made some nice cutting runs. Think he would have been better off playing centrally but even still he looked a tad rusty for first team football.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He played right wing. Found it hard to get into his usual range of motion but made some nice cutting runs. Think he would have been better off playing centrally but even still he looked a tad rusty for first team football.
Even with the rust though you can see the player in there waiting to come out. We really do have a good group of youngsters. For me ESR and Saka are tops. But I'm quite excited by all of them.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Even with the rust though you can see the player in there waiting to come out. We really do have a good group of youngsters. For me ESR and Saka are tops. But I'm quite excited by all of them.
ESR has real potential centrally. Like most of our young players he is very dominant in possession. Clever, makes the right passes and dribbles, fantastic shooting technique and hes looking pretty good physically. Lacked a bit of zip but he had good body strength. Could do a job on the left or as a backup for advanced midfielder I.e. Ceballos or Özil.

We are definitely on the cusp of something great at Hale End. Some fantastic individual talents coming through around the same time and there are more coming!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think his performance was quite bad, would be interesting to see some stats.

But as others have said, it's totally understandable. There were some good moments, but he was robbed of the ball many times. A bit like Nelson in his latest performance maybe.

Comparing to Saka, ESR has had many injuries in recent times so it must hinder some too.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think his performance was quite bad, would be interesting to see some stats.

But as others have said, it's totally understandable. There were some good moments, but he was robbed of the ball many times. A bit like Nelson in his latest performance maybe.

Comparing to Saka, ESR has had many injuries in recent times so it must hinder some too.
Bit of match fitness, bit more confidence and hes there. Same with Nelson. They're two players who can make a huge impact at their best. Saka rightfully on everyone's mind but ESR and Nelson are premier talents aswell. What a 5some we have there - Nelson, Nketiah, Saka, Willock, Smith-Rowe. And many behind them too.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Bit of match fitness, bit more confidence and hes there. Same with Nelson. They're two players who can make a huge impact at their best. Saka rightfully on everyone's mind but ESR and Nelson are premier talents aswell. What a 5some we have there - Nelson, Nketiah, Saka, Willock, Smith-Rowe. And many behind them too.

Yeah, amazing group of players, Guendouzi too. Although his latest game was pretty bad.

Yesterday the combined age of starting players was 24,7 years, that's pretty low against your group's biggest opponent in away match.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Just rotten luck injury wise but i hate to see him being played out wide hugging the touchline. That's not his game. He's arguably the most explosive player from Hale End, who should be in central positions

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Just rotten luck injury wise but i hate to see him being played out wide hugging the touchline. That's not his game. He's arguably the most explosive player from Hale End, who should be in central positions

That's sort of a contradiction. If he is the most explosive, then he should be able to do a job on the wings. He is a good all around talent who can play anywhere in the attack.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
That's sort of a contradiction. If he is the most explosive, then he should be able to do a job on the wings. He is a good all around talent who can play anywhere in the attack.
No he can't. He's no where near as effective on the right. Explosive doesn't mean just pace. His strength is combination play with quick one and two touch interchange with players, kinda like Rosicky. Out wide he gets isolated and doubled up by defenders.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
No he can't. He's no where near as effective on the right. Explosive doesn't mean just pace. His strength is combination play with quick one and two touch interchange with players, kinda like Rosicky. Out wide he gets isolated and doubled up by defenders.

Funny you say that, cause those are also the same strengths of Reiss Nelson. But for whatever reason, people want him to play on the wings and beat the fullback with stepovers time and time again. And I know what you meant, I was trying to be coy with my initial response.

But my point still stands, Smith Rowe can play anywhere in the attack, he has shown that ability for the U18 and U23 teams. He even did a great job as a CM for the U23 for a while in the 17/18 season. Might not get the best out of him on the wings in first team football, but that is not a position he is unfamiliar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom