• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Big Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I had a feeling that he didn't play well. He is an attacking player and he messed up most of his opportunities in front of the goal. Instead of moving the ball to his right he always rushed it with his left or was running with the ball until being tackled. That is all down to experience, it has nothing to do with talent or training. He needs to get experience of how to play against senior players who are strong and fast, just destroying kids in u23 won't be enough for his progress.
Everything else was as expected, really nice passing ability and technique, he is also unusually strong for his years and he used that very well to win some balls.
This could be copy pasted to Willock and Nketiah threads. Club needs to find better solution for their integration to the first team. I was expecting that they would play in EL and League Cup but it's not happening. You can't get easier games than Championship side or the first home game in EL.

Yeah agreed, He didn't have a good game and doesn't look like a premier league level player atm, but the only way he'll improve now is with experience..
As long as he continues getting chances in the cups, that will help his development and is more than good enough for his progress this season imo, but the further into the cups we go the more Emery will(rightly) focus on winning, so it might end up being only a handful first team minutes for him this season... Loans are also always a gamble and not necessarily the right move. Nketiah and especially Willock has to go on loan though, too good for u-23, but doesn't get any chances with the first team. Playing for the reserves another year is not going to help them improve.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Scores on his [away] European debut and puts in an encouraging shift.

One thing he definitely has as an advantage is that he's quite unique as a player. Easy to see why Emery likes and prefers him to the other youngsters (even though I would honestly argue that both Willock and Nketiah have performed better than him in the U23 games this season). But he's standing up to the test of playing in the first team and doing so pretty well - color me very impressed so far. I'd like to see him in a more central role in future games.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wonder if Smith Rowe is one of the reasons why we're more willing to let Ramsey go.

A full season with the first team, and he could be an important player for us next season.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He'll be plying his trade at Charlton in a few years time, somehow that is how it all ends...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You can see that they enjoy playing with one another and are good friends. Iwobi was really happy when ESR got the goal. I love our team's chemistry at the moment - long may it continue!
Since Sanchez left we've had great team chem.... could be a coincidence but I doubt it. On the other hand United have had terrible team chem since

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

And yet some still pine for the stroppy Chileans return...
Who? The name! Tell me the wretched name!
giphy.gif

Anyone else having trouble loading the site? Sometime it wont load, sometime it take ages... Hopefully it will get fixed soon, @American_Gooner needed that break from me anyway.

So happy for Smith-Rowe, so happy I was the first of the sofa Einsteins to see it in him!

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom