• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mount > ESR , honestly.

That coming from someone who rates ESR.

ESR's battle is more for backup positions with the likes of Curtis Jones and James Maddison / Jesse Lingard / Harvey Elliot, IMO.

Tbf I don't think Liverpool fans will view Curtis Jones or Harvey Elliot too differently than we view ESR, and I don't think they'd be wrong.

Mount is obviously way ahead in his development than ESR, but ability wise there isn’t too much between them. I feel Mount is a better passer and shooter whereas ESR has better dribbling and movement.

ESR is comfortably better than Jones and Elliot, though both are talented players. ESR can also play off both feet which shouldn’t be underestimated when weighing up his potential.

We shouldn’t forget that it was ESR’s introduction to the team last season that reinvigorated us. He’s not a no.10 for me though, he’s your archetypal wide playmaker IMO, he can create and chip in with goals because his movement off the ball is so good.
Harvey Elliot is a toppppp prospect, knew he had something from the moment be broke the PL age record for Fulham. Went to the championship and produced better numbers than any player we’ve ever sent there too at just 17 years old. Even now he’s only 18 and looked like he was going to force himself into the Liverpool first eleven before his injury. We don’t have much to compare them on but we do have suggests that Elliot is the better prospect atm.

Jones seems a level lower but I’ve never seen him have a bad game either, I’m not sure if he’s got as much potential as Elliot but any academy player that can contribute for a title challenging PL side is already a success tbh. I think he’s performing at a similar level to ESR but gets less minutes for obvious reasons.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Not just sure they're totally similar players. I see Mount as a more central playmaker and ESR as a wider one. But that can also change in the future.
Yeah, no doubt, I was just comparing them because of the comparison made before / people calling for ESR to compete for Mount's spot in the team.

I feel Mount is a better passer and shooter whereas ESR has better dribbling and movement.
Maybe more ball carrying ability but I think Mount's dribbling in short spaces from what I've seen is pretty nice.

ESR is comfortably better than Jones and Elliot, though both are talented players. ESR can also play off both feet which shouldn’t be underestimated when weighing up his potential.
From what I've seen Jones looks comfortably better with his left than ESR, he looks the more two-footed player of the two. I don't think ESR is comfortably better than Jones tbh, Jones looks to have a composure on the ball in the final third and in the final ball that ESR doesn't quite have at this point. Think they're even level talents, honestly, and I'd be hard pressed to choose which one I'd take...I guess it's the typical if you're an Arsenal fan you rate ESR more and if you're a Liverpool Jones.

@Trilly answered well the Elliot question, the two players are at different stages in their development, but Elliott is a top prospect and at 18 you'd probably have to say he's at a more advanced stage / looks to have a higher ceiling than ESR did at 18.

Anyways, I am coming off as some kind of ESR hater haha, I love the kid and rate him, just think people can be a bit realistic about how he stacks up to other English talents. The fact is there are just a lot of English talents at the moment, very good production and changes in training styles and emphasis in the last decade is bearing fruit.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I am coming off as some kind of ESR hater haha, I love the kid and rate him, j
Just going to second this as a disclaimer before people start @‘ing me whenever he plays well.

I rate him too, just not as highly as everyone else does.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

the two players are at different stages in their development, but Elliott is a top prospect and at 18 you'd probably have to say he's at a more advanced stage / looks to have a higher ceiling than ESR did at 18.
Tbh, it's not so hard to be ahead of development against a player who was injured a lot earlier.

I have read that ESR's injuries came mainly from his growth spurt and should be over now.

Elliot is 170 cm vs ESR 182 cm, which I like in the long run. Especially as ESR is very agile for his size and has a good turn and speed too.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Harvey Elliot is a toppppp prospect, knew he had something from the moment be broke the PL age record for Fulham. Went to the championship and produced better numbers than any player we’ve ever sent there too at just 17 years old. Even now he’s only 18 and looked like he was going to force himself into the Liverpool first eleven before his injury. We don’t have much to compare them on but we do have suggests that Elliot is the better prospect atm.

Jones seems a level lower but I’ve never seen him have a bad game either, I’m not sure if he’s got as much potential as Elliot but any academy player that can contribute for a title challenging PL side is already a success tbh. I think he’s performing at a similar level to ESR but gets less minutes for obvious reasons.

I do rate Elliot, before his injury I’d say he was one Liverpool’s best players alongside Van Dijk and Salah. He has that arrogance that I love seeing young players play with. To say ESR was comfortably better was OTT on my part but I do rate The Smith above him. That said I’m a sucker for close control.

Jones is a fantastic young player who could shine in Wijnaldum’s absence. The powers that be at Liverpool as well as their fans are desperate for Thiago to work but he’s been completely average since signing for them. Jones may usurp him before long.

Excellent rebuttal from @AbouCuéllar too.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The powers that be at Liverpool as well as their fans are desperate for Thiago to work but he’s been completely average since signing for them.
You just can’t run from the Bundesliga tax man unless your name is KDB it seems. Shocking league. 🤣😂

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Not seen enough of Jones or Elliott to comment on their relative prowess but The Smith is definitely a top drawer talent. It's his physical traits that give me some hope that he is going to be outstanding. We know he's a baller, but the fact that he's 6ft, fast and agile really elevates him as well.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I do rate Elliot, before his injury I’d say he was one Liverpool’s best players alongside Van Dijk and Salah. He has that arrogance that I love seeing young players play with. To say ESR was comfortably better was OTT on my part but I do rate The Smith above him. That said I’m a sucker for close control.

Jones is a fantastic young player who could shine in Wijnaldum’s absence. The powers that be at Liverpool as well as their fans are desperate for Thiago to work but he’s been completely average since signing for them. Jones may usurp him before long.

Excellent rebuttal from @AbouCuéllar too.

Thiago's always been a bit of a fraud imo. Unreal technically, but rarely influences games, especially at the top level. I remember Henderson playing him off the park in 18/19, although tbf to Thiago he was great in 19/20. Still, one top season in a decade, bit overated.

Influencing games>>>being technically nice on the eye.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You just can’t run from the Bundesliga tax man unless your name is KDB it seems. Shocking league. 🤣😂

Auba as well of course. I’m still shook at how bad Sancho has been.

Makes you wonder about Haaland…

I’m going to say it I’m glad Harvey Elliot got injured.

Absolute **** of the highest order. World class prospect but joke of a human being.

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Auba as well of course. I’m still shook at how bad Sancho has been.

Makes you wonder about Haaland…

I’m going to say it but I’m glad Harvey Elliot got injured.

Absolute **** of the highest order. World class prospect but joke of a human being.
I don't think Haaland needs the same wondering. With Sancho I thought he might need to adjust, but will likely be fine a bit later. Of course the mental things can ruin him like anyone, but would be weird as in Dortmund there is big pressure too.

Why do you say so about Elliott?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐

The real farmers league. I’ve been saying for the longest time. Nelson, Gray and Lookman all looked world beaters over there. Batshuayi looked insane for Dortmund too. Dead league.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
I don't think Haaland needs the same wondering. With Sancho I thought he might need to adjust, but will likely be fine a bit later. Of course the mental things can ruin him like anyone, but would be weird as in Dortmund there is big pressure too.

Elliot’s a proper bellend :lol:. Some of his social media activity and his leaked whatsapps tell you all you need to know about him. He’ll be forgiven as long as he continues to ball and he’s English.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
The real farmers league. I’ve been saying for the longest time. Nelson, Gray and Lookman all looked world beaters over there. Batshuayi looked insane for Dortmund too. Dead league.

Indeed, been saying that for a long time as well. Just look at how many flops came out of that league in recent years.

Called Sancho a flop at the start of the season as well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Lookman’s alright bro. Not world class but he’s a solid PL player.

Tbf to Demarai as well he’s been balling this year unlike anything he’s ever done in his career.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Lookman’s alright bro. Not world class but he’s a solid PL player.

Tbf to Demarai as well he’s been balling this year unlike anything he’s ever done in his career.

Lookman has a bit but hasn’t proved himself in the PL yet despite ample minutes. Gray is in quite the purple patch :lol. Just like Townsend. That’ll inevitably come to a halt.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Lookman has a bit but hasn’t proved himself in the PL yet despite ample minutes. Gray is in quite the purple patch :lol. Just like Townsend. That’ll inevitably come to a halt.

Thought he was really good at Fulham last year and already benched Maddison this year.

He’s a wait and see for sure. Gray is probably a purple patch tbf :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom