• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Personally I'm more than happy with the way ESR is progressing.

He's one of the few players that feels he has Arsenal / Arsène DNA. He's naturally so intelligent at finding space and getting in between lines.

What he lacks at the moment is consistent end product and occasionally decision making, that's natural at this stage of his career . We're a bit unfortunate that both ESR and Ødegaard are kind of at a similar stage of their developments at the same time, it limits us a little.

I think with both of them all the jigsaw pieces are there to be very good players it's a matter of giving them a bit of time to put them together correctly.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, we were right to sell Iwobi because the offer was good and he lacked end product. I always thought he'd be better playing deeper as well though. Don't think he's set the world alight at Everton though.
They continued to use him in attacking positions when it was already clear at Arsenal that he wasn’t going to be that guy at PL level. It’s weird because someone like Iwobi could be a quality squad player for a top side that plays highly technical pass and move football as long as he’s not relied on to score/assist.

I’m not sure what Everton really expected from him.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
ESR is better than that clown Mount. It just happens 1 plays in a real team and the other in a circus team

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Mount is two years older now but won Chelsea’s player of the season when he was a year younger.

Foden was city’s top scorer I think last season when he was ESR’s age. They’re close enough in age to compare, nobody makes those excuses for Saka and Greenwood who are the babies of the group.
It's not an exact science though is it? ESR had a year out of his development through injury and has basically had a half season in the Championship & a half season in the Prem. He's behind Saka in terms of minutes and experience.

Foden is elite, but Saka outshone him in the Euro's and took his place. Seriously you need to give these two time, they are really good. Judge them both at 22 and then we'll talk.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Mount is two years older now but won Chelsea’s player of the season when he was a year younger.

Foden was city’s top scorer I think last season when he was ESR’s age. They’re close enough in age to compare, nobody makes those excuses for Saka and Greenwood who are the babies of the group.

Even look at someone who is much younger than ESR in Jamal Musiala, he’s adding goals to his game and a lot around Europe are starting to notice how big of a talent he is.

Looking at different talents around Europe has made me realise that ESR is overrated by our fans but I’m not surprised since we’ve been doing this for years now.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It's not an exact science though is it? ESR had a year out of his development through injury and has basically had a half season in the Championship & a half season in the Prem. He's behind Saka in terms of minutes and experience.

Foden is elite, but Saka outshone him in the Euro's and took his place. Seriously you need to give these two time, they are really good. Judge them both at 22 and then we'll talk.
Which is exactly what I’ve said I’ll do. End of the season and we’ll get a nice picture of where they are. Some people will read my posts and think I’m just hating on him but that’s far from it, I’m just waiting to see some things before I put him on that pedestal.

Barry

ESR is better than that clown Mount. It just happens 1 plays in a real team and the other in a circus team
You see for some balance I don't agree with this. Love ESR but Mount is the better player right now. He has a really nice balance of technical, defensive and attacking skills that mean he can play almost anywhere. He's similar to Saka in that regard. Mount is really good, but with some luck ESR can reach a similar level.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Even look at someone who is much younger than ESR in Jamal Musiala, he’s adding goals to his game and a lot around Europe are starting to notice how big of a talent he is.

Looking at different talents around Europe has made me realise that ESR is overrated by our fans but I’m not surprised since we’ve been doing this for years now.
I watched him for a bit yesterday, he was toying with Barcelona. Barca are finished 😂

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You see for some balance I don't agree with this. Love ESR but Mount is the better player right now. He has a really nice balance of technical, defensive and attacking skills that mean he can play almost anywhere. He's similar to Saka in that regard. Mount is really good, but with some luck ESR can reach a similar level.
Mount is a weird one, for ages I thought managers just liked him and that he was keeping more talented player out of the team cos he works hard but it’s basically what you said. Lampard, Southgate and now Tuchel all love him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah, overrated vs. saying for example that Patino & Azeez are crap because there are Pedri, Bellingham and Camavinga in the world.

ESR is a huge talent, and like Barry said, he has had injuries limiting his development. But made huge strides last season.

He has had a half season with Arsenal in EPL and people already say he is not good enough or is overrated. :lol:

Barry

Mount is a weird one, for ages I thought managers just liked him and that he was keeping more talented player out of the team cos he works hard but it’s basically what you said. Lampard, Southgate and now Tuchel all love him.
He's a glue player - not flashy and doesn't look good on highlights, but he's intelligent and he links play well with quality. Think Ødegaard can be that sort of player for us hopefully it he finds his form.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't think many fans overrate their players, tbh.

You have a few people from each fanbase that do go too far, but most rate their players correctly.

Emile is one of our best youngsters now, but isn't one of the best youngsters compared to past players...he is one of the better young players in the world currently, but there are also many young players that are better than him too (no shame in that)

He will prove to be a very good player for us, imo.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Mount is amazing for Chelsea, he can do everything you’d want from a player he’s well rounded at such a young age. If he was out of Hale End playing like that we’d be going bad but he’s probably have 0 end product and just be a tippy tappy passer.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Anyway those will be my last non-agenda driven posts on ESR for a while. Arsenal Twitter seems to be having an ESR v Pepe battle and I’ve chosen my side in this upcoming agenda battle.

Can’t wait till our next game. 😍

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
No, I wasn't a fan of both.

Interesting you brought up Iwobi though, looking at the way Hale End are rated on here he would have been a rockstar because of his ball carrying ability if he was coming up today.

Hale End guys all have the same problem, too much trying to pass and move not enough direct play. You can tell how much they’re moulded under Arsène’s philosophy they all play like that and I don’t really like it tbh.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, overrated vs. saying for example that Patino & Azeez are crap because there are Pedri, Bellingham and Camavinga in the world.

ESR is a huge talent, and like Barry said, he has had injuries limiting his development. But made huge strides last season.

He has had a half season with Arsenal in EPL and people already say he is not good enough or is overrated. :lol:

@Barry comes with fair points tbf but this here is a woeful post as per.

Have Azeez and Patino even played? Straight Twitter hype and not surprised our fans are overrating our youngsters before they’ve even kicked a football in the PL.

Also, going crazy over half a season is another reason why he’s overrated. He’s not worth 40m based on 6 months of football as he doesn’t look like a key player or top tier talent imo but hopefully he proves me wrong.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Mount is amazing for Chelsea, he can do everything you’d want from a player he’s well rounded at such a young age. If he was out of Hale End playing like that we’d be going bad but he’s probably have 0 end product and just be a tippy tappy passer.
I think Saka and ESR are going to shock you this season.

They’re both becoming kind of greedy/taking responsibility more. Maybe it’s the hype or that Arteta has encouraged them to get their own more often but I’ve noticed that unless it’s Auba (or blatantly the correct thing to do ) they aren’t really interested in passing anymore. Saka had a few moments where he should/could have passed but went for goal.

As long as they don’t get too greedy it’s what we need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom