• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I thought it would have been "Bukayo v Emile" as a debate this season, that seemed more logical to me.

Guess whenever Arsenal fans are putting down one of their players, poor Pepe has to always get dragged into it :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think Saka and ESR are going to shock you this season.

They’re both becoming kind of greedy/taking responsibility more. Maybe it’s the hype or that Arteta has encouraged them to get their own more often but I’ve noticed that unless it’s Auba (or blatantly the correct thing to do ) they aren’t really interested in passing anymore. Saka had a few moments where he should/could have passed but went for goal.

As long as they don’t get too greedy it’s what we need.
I just want to see goals and assists from them otherwise I’m not tryna see them in the front 3. Saka should be next to Partey imo.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

@Barry comes with fair points tbf but this here is a woeful post as per.

Have Azeez and Patino even played? Straight Twitter hype and not surprised our fans are overrating our youngsters before they’ve even kicked a football in the PL.

Also, going crazy over half a season is another reason why he’s overrated. He’s not worth 40m based on 6 months of football as he doesn’t look like a key player or top tier talent imo but hopefully he proves me wrong.
Lol, you assume I overrate them, when in fact I was just giving another example where the generational talents are compared to our best youth to say they're not good enough. Musiala is a similar example, you're not supposed to compare those to our own, maybe except Saka, because they're so rare and we have no chances to attract them currently.

No one is going crazy because the half season, only appreciating that we have another talent who looks like stepping up to mens games pretty nicely. ESR is worth at least 30 million, because that's what Villa bid. We rate him higher, and for a good reason. It's ridiculous to downplay our best youth players based on that there are a few talents like Mbappe etc. who are much better at a younger age.

In my opinion ESR has the talent to be a clear starter at Arsenal, and the least he will do is be a squad player imo. We can get 30 million for him easily later too, that's what Iwobi and James are going for when older, and ESR is more talented.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Lol, you assume I overrate them, when in fact I was just giving another example where the generational talents are compared to our best youth to say they're not good enough. Musiala is a similar example, you're not supposed to compare those to our own, maybe except Saka, because they're so rare and we have no chances to attract them currently.

No one is going crazy because the half season, only appreciating that we have another talent who looks like stepping up to mens games pretty nicely. ESR is worth at least 30 million, because that's what Villa bid. We rate him higher, and for a good reason. It's ridiculous to downplay our best youth players based on that there are a few talents like Mbappe etc. who are much better at a younger age.

In my opinion ESR has the talent to be a clear starter at Arsenal, and the least he will do is be a squad player imo. We can get 30 million for him easily later too, that's what Iwobi and James are going for when older, and ESR is more talented.

This generational talent tag is getting used too much nowadays especially as a lot of these youngsters aren’t. When I think about a generational talent, the likes of Mbappe, Rooney, Wilshere etc come to mind. The stuff they were doing at the ages of 17-21 was absolutely ridiculous but Patino and Azeez who haven’t even played a game in the PL are being hyped up :rolleyes:

Also, there are a bunch of youngsters in our league alone who have shown a lot more than ESR and they’ve been named over the last page. As much as I dislike the likes of Greenwood, Mount, Foden etc they’ve shown a lot more since they’ve been integrated in their teams.

Look at the way that Gary Neville and Jaime Carragher talk about ESR, this is the type of overhyped stuff I see on Twitter everyday from our fans when ESR does a 5 yard pass, so there shouldn’t be a problem when I compare him to other youngsters around world football.

drippin

This generational talent tag is getting used too much nowadays especially as a lot of these youngsters aren’t. When I think about a generational talent, the likes of Mbappe, Rooney, Wilshere etc come to mind. The stuff they were doing at the ages of 17-21 was absolutely ridiculous but Patino and Azeez who haven’t even played a game in the PL are being hyped up :rolleyes:

Also, there are a bunch of youngsters in our league alone who have shown a lot more than ESR and they’ve been named over the last page. As much as I dislike the likes of Greenwood, Mount, Foden etc they’ve shown a lot more since they’ve been integrated in their teams.

Look at the way that Gary Neville and Jaime Carragher talk about ESR, this is the type of overhyped stuff I see on Twitter everyday from our fans when ESR does a 5 yard pass, so there shouldn’t be a problem when I compare him to other youngsters around world football.

Yes, Mbappe Haaland etc. are generational talents, but Musiala etc. are close because they're so young, so it depends how one sees the words used. Maybe they're top level talents below those monster players. Saka is up there now, ESR isn't.

Patino & Azeez shouldn't be compared to those yet at all imo, unless people compare them to show that they haven't proved their talent at all at mens games. Only an idiot would say they're as good as young players who start at top 5 leagues. But players can have huge talent, and mature to top level later, especially in certain positions outside of attackers/wingers.

Imo you can't compare ESR to those very well, because he has played a lot less thus far, mostly because of injuries. It can't be said either way, that he isn't good enough or he is as good as those. Only time will tell, the next two years for example. He has the talent for sure to be as good as Mount.

You're taking an example from Gary Neville of all people, and fail to understand that he compares Pires' playing style to ESR, which is natural, to compare styles. He isn't saying he is as good as Pires.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Wilshere was excellent, but wouldn't put him on the same level as Mbappe and Rooney, he would be just below that.

Fabregas at Arsenal would be that sort of level.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Wilshere was excellent, but wouldn't put him in the same level against Mbappe and Rooney, he would be just below that.

Fabregas at Arsenal would be that sort of level.

Probably a bit harder to put him in that bracket because of his position. Strikers are always going to get more love than midfielders but Wilshere at that age was exceptional, it was hard to tell how good he could have become due to his injuries.

The lack of technical players similar to him coming through the England ranks at the time was another reason why I rated him so highly.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Imo you can't compare ESR to those very well, because he has played a lot less thus far, mostly because of injuries. It can't be said either way, that he isn't good enough or he is as good as those. Only time will tell, the next two years for example. He has the talent for sure to be as good as Mount.

You're taking an example from Gary Neville of all people, and fail to understand that he compares Pires' playing style to ESR, which is natural, to compare styles. He isn't saying he is as good as Pires.

:lol:

I like how you move the goalposts to suit your debate. “It’s not fair to compare him to this player because it was raining yesterday”. Most of these young talents are in and out of their teams due to amount of quality in their teams.

That’s my whole point though, he’s played a lot less yet our fans are making it out as if he’s some exceptional talent. Also for the amount of games he’s played, I think 40m was a fantastic offer from Villa imo especially as he doesn’t look like a key player or someone that our fans should be so attached to. He’s definitely replaceable but I wouldn’t trust this current management to do so.

drippin

:lol:

I like how you move the goalposts to suit your debate. “It’s not fair to compare him to this player because it was raining yesterday”. Most of these young talents are in and out of their teams due to amount of quality in their teams.

That’s my whole point though, he’s played a lot less yet our fans are making it out as if he’s some exceptional talent. Also for the amount of games he’s played, I think 40m was a fantastic offer from Villa imo especially as he doesn’t look like a key player or someone that our fans should be so attached to. He’s definitely replaceable but I wouldn’t trust this current management to do so.
I'm not moving any goalposts. I'm saying you downplaying ESR because for example Bayern has Musiala, is ridiculous. And I think you see things that aren't there, and make some Tweets or Neville as proof that we are overrating ESR.

ESR has been "out of teams" because of injuries, and it is not fair to compare him to super talents at this point.

ESR is our 2nd best talent currently who is pushing for a starting spot (and starting a lot) at a young age, so he is exceptional talent. There haven't been many here in recent years, and imo his talent level has always been better than Iwobi for example.

Villa never bid 40 million for ESR, but 30 million was their second offer? We will get 30 million even if ESR only has Iwobi like career here.

"Aston Villa have stepped up their attempts to sign Emile Smith Rowe from Arsenal by submitting a second offer for the attacking midfielder, who is yet to agree a new deal at the Emirates Stadium.

Villa saw an opening bid in the region of £25 million turned down and the West Midlands club have since returned with a proposal worth around £30 million, which has also been rejected with Arsenal adamant their academy graduate is not for sale."

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'm not moving any goalposts. I'm saying you downplaying ESR because for example Bayern has Musiala, is ridiculous. And I think you see things that aren't there, and make some Tweets or Neville as proof that we are overrating ESR.

ESR has been "out of teams" because of injuries, and it is not fair to compare him to super talents at this point.

ESR is our 2nd best talent currently who is pushing for a starting spot (and starting a lot) at a young age, so he is exceptional talent. There haven't been many here in recent years, and imo his talent level has always been better than Iwobi for example.

Villa never bid 40 million for ESR, but 30 million was their second offer?

"Aston Villa have stepped up their attempts to sign Emile Smith Rowe from Arsenal by submitting a second offer for the attacking midfielder, who is yet to agree a new deal at the Emirates Stadium.

Villa saw an opening bid in the region of £25 million turned down and the West Midlands club have since returned with a proposal worth around £30 million, which has also been rejected with Arsenal adamant their academy graduate is not for sale."

The irony :lol:

But that’s exactly what I wanted to hear. Don’t be scared to say your view. If you think ESR is an exceptional talent then just say it with your chest. Nowadays too many people are scared to say exactly what they think as it might offend or get others upset. I wasn’t Iwobi’s biggest fan but he was a very good talent when he broke out, let’s not forget that but what held him back was his end product and decision making which I feel is going to be the same for ESR.

And in terms of the Villa bid, it was a negotiation - obviously you aren’t going to go in with your highest bid straight away. They were willing to go higher but we were insistent that he wasn’t for sale and gave him a new contract. I’m certain they were willing to go up to 40m for him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

drippin

The irony :lol:

But that’s exactly what I wanted to hear. Don’t be scared to say your view. If you think ESR is an exceptional talent then just say it with your chest. Nowadays too many people are scared to say exactly what they think as it might offend or get others upset. I wasn’t Iwobi’s biggest fan but he was a very good talent when he broke out, let’s not forget that but what held him back was his end product and decision making which I feel is going to be the same for ESR.

And in terms of the Villa bid, it was a negotiation - obviously you aren’t going to go in with your highest bid straight away. They were willing to go higher but we were insistent that he wasn’t for sale and gave him a new contract. I’m certain they were willing to go up to 40m for him.
Yeah, you read it as you want. I'm not saying he is an exceptional talent like Mbappe or even Musiala. I'm saying he is exceptional talent who has the talent to be a clear starter for Arsenal and has been hindered in his development by injuries. To be a clear starter for Arsenal means you're exceptional talent, but again it depends how anyone defines the terms.

I see ESR as much smarter and mature player who has more potential for end product than Iwobi. Also his shooting is better. Not as technical in dribbling, but better in other areas like combination play.

You can't say Villa bid 40 million and then later when proven wrong say you assume that's what they were willing to go up to. They started at 25 million so surely that gives a hint if they would go up to 40 million, when their second bid was 30 million. You also said he isn't worth 40 million, but are saying Villa bid that, when they didn't even close. Also why would they be willing to go up to 40 million like you assume if you think he is not worth it?

Anyway I will one last time emphasize how stupid it would be to sell your own youth after 6 months of good performances, when you can get similar amount of money after a couple of years even if they don't fulfill their potential, similar to Iwobi. I even thought we should sell Iwobi for 30 million, because his talent wasn't that great because of his mental maturity as a player, and end-product.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom