• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think people expect too much of ESR. I have never seen any world class potential in him. He is a connect player. One of those that keeps things ticking when he is on form. I do believe that his end product will improve with age and experience, but he is not really that gamechanger many want him to be, especially with him getting the number 10 shirt.
Few straightforward passes on the counter are not something I would describe as "expect too much", it's something I would expect from most of our better talents at the u18 and u23. The counter he messed by passing the ball behind Pepe is definitely bench-worthy even though he is one of my favorite young players at the club.
I have a feeling he is losing his focus and thinks everything should be easy for him with the new contract. Staying at this level means being consistent, no matter the age. Simple 5-yard passes should be the bare minimum to even train with the first team at any age, and ESR needs to make sure that he does the basics right, only after that we can talk about goals, assists, and all the good stuff.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Few straightforward passes on the counter are not something I would describe as "expect too much", it's something I would expect from most of our better talents at the u18 and u23. The counter he messed by passing the ball behind Pepe is definitely bench-worthy even though he is one of my favorite young players at the club.
I have a feeling he is losing his focus and thinks everything should be easy for him with the new contract. Staying at this level means being consistent, no matter the age. Simple 5-yard passes should be the bare minimum to even train with the first team at any age, and ESR needs to make sure that he does the basics right, only after that we can talk about goals, assists, and all the good stuff.
Tbf Arteta and Ben White both complained about the pitch so I think we can let ESR off.

If anything, linking the play is one of his strengths so I was really surprised at him under hitting the most basic of passes. Just Burnley being Burnley, trash club.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Not his best game but he showed flashes and fluffed his lines at the end. I think he's hit a bit of a wall and maybe needs a rest physically sbd mentally.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think people expect too much of ESR. I have never seen any world class potential in him. He is a connect player. One of those that keeps things ticking when he is on form. I do believe that his end product will improve with age and experience, but he is not really that gamechanger many want him to be, especially with him getting the number 10 shirt.

Agreed, I think too much pressure has been put on him. I've seen people say he will be a better player than guys like Grealish, it's just unecessary pressure on him. The same goes for Martinelli.

9jagooner

Thing is him, Bukayo and Ødegaard shouldn’t even be starting at Arsenal. They are all good players but at this stage, should be learning from established players and not carrying the club’s expectations on their shoulders.
Not fair on them to be honest.

Moah

I don't think Arsenal, as a club, will ever recover from the mistake of giving ESR the number 10, especially at this stage.

One of the biggest signals that we are no more a big club.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Anyone who'd rather have a washed up Özil over an up & coming ESR needs their heads checked really. It's like asking for Willian back because he's just got an assist in Brazil.

I don't think people seriously want that by the way. It's also nice to reminisce about the quality of some of our past greats, I definitely get that desire.

Haphazard

Honestly I'd say him and Saka and Ødegaard are quite overrated and don't have enough output etc

but the truth is they are playing under a manager that couldn't set up an attack to save his life, a manager under who we got 55 goals under 38 games. I think I will reserve judgement for another 3-4 months.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Anyone who'd rather have a washed up Özil over an up & coming ESR needs their heads checked really. It's like asking for Willian back because he's just got an assist in Brazil.

I don't think people seriously want that by the way. It's also nice to reminisce about the quality of some of our past greats, I definitely get that desire.
Yeah, but Özil has his own thread here. This is just unnecessary conflict against our own youth player who happens to have same shirt number.

If someone wants to have a conflict against our players with Özil, they should do it against Ødegaard who is a similar playmaker.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Giving the number 10 shirt to Gallas after Bergkamp retired, took the shine of the number, not ESR getting it.
I wonder if the #8 and #10 stuff is more relevant to their future positions, or more about the order how the contract renewal and transfer happened. At that point they might not have been 100 % sure Ødegaard comes?

That Gallas #10 stuff is an ultimate joke from the club.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It's also nice to reminisce about the quality of some of our past greats, I definitely get that desire.
We have a lot of that going on here at A-M. To pine for glory days is tight!

PS. Don't think old Bruce is much of a pitcher nor manual labourer..

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Giving the number 10 shirt to Gallas after Bergkamp retired, took the shine of the number, not ESR getting it.

TBH it's a complete jinx of a shirt. Gallas, Wilshere gets it and is barely fit for 90 minutes a season, Özil turns to **** when he swaps the 11 for the 10.

The Ghost of DB10

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Özil is playing in a terrible league unlike ESR. Anyone can look good in the turkish league.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom