• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If we switched these 2, Foden probably becomes our best/most talented player and ESR their worst in their starting 11. Nothing against ESR, think he's a good player but not at City level. After 2-3 years of injury free development, maybe but not today. Foden looks like he belongs in their first 11 already.
People underestimate the impact injuries had on ESR development, he is basically 2 years behind with all the stuff that was going on during his crucial transition from u23 to senior football.
I think he will be there, but as you are saying, in 2-3 years if everything works out for him he could be really good, but I don't think he will reach Foden's level.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The comparisons are so weird and unnecessary tbh, Foden is world class now, he's one of the best talents England has ever produced. He plays like a guy much older than he actually is and at this rate he could even compete for the top individual prizes.

ESR is obviously well off this, and if we're expecting him to get anywhere near the level Foden will reach we'll obviously be disappointed.

At least with Mount, who's also pretty well ahead currently, you could say they have pretty similar ceilings based on ability and potential. Mount better at some aspects, ESR better at others. But the whole comparison thing I don't really get either. All three could easily play in the same England side with ease in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. But regardless, I'm not sure why there's so much emphasis on measuring our own players against our rivals. It surely matters most what they contribute to our team.

If ESR has an amazing season let's say 10 goals and 20 assists (I know it's probably not gonna happen), are we gonna go, "Oh yeah but he's **** because Mount got 11 goals and 20 assists" or something like that.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I was thinking about Foden the other day. I don’t think he’s a good as people think. I initially thought he was generational talent but I think this is as good as he’ll ever be and he won’t go on. If I had to put my life on who will be held in higher regard in 2-3 years time, I’m choosing ESR. His pace and strength will mean he’ll be a far bigger asset. Foden’s bandy, languid style makes a lot of people damp but I see through it.
I rate ESR and Saka higher than Foden tbh, that Man City team is a cheat code for forward players and Pep had to Foden work instead of getting rid of him cos City needed some academy players to make it. Put him in this Arsenal team and he would look worse than Willian.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I rate ESR and Saka higher than Foden tbh, that Man City team is a cheat code for forward players and Pep had to Foden work instead of getting rid of him cos City needed some academy players to make it. Put him in this Arsenal team and he would look worse than Willian.

Weird post my boy

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
You should know.

Indeed

You can’t be serious about that willian comparison though? Find it hard to believe that anyone would rate Foden below Saka and ESR. The competition to get into the City team is hella tougher and Foden is now a regular

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Indeed

You can’t be serious about that willian comparison though? Find it hard to believe that anyone would rate Foden below Saka and ESR. The competition to get into the City team is hella tougher and Foden is now a regular
It's easier to play when you're surrounded by all those world class players at City and there is an incentive to make it work with him due to him being the academy star. He wouldn't look that impressive in a poorer team, let Saka/ESR play in front Silva, KDB, Gundogan, Mahrez, Rodri, Fernandinho etc and they'd look even better.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's easier to play when you're surrounded by all those world class players at City and there is an incentive to make it work with him due to him being the academy star. He wouldn't look that impressive in a poorer team, let Saka/ESR play in front Silva, KDB, Gundogan, Mahrez, Rodri, Fernandinho etc and they'd look even better.
You’ve always got to consider that that when evaluating or comparing young talent. City usually dominate possession which allows Foden to spend a lot of time in favourable areas of the pitch where he can concentrate on doing what he does best, as he pings passes to players who accentuate his contributions.

As the old adage goes, a good big man will always beat a good little man. Now, Foden has the size and carries the physical threat of a bow-legged rampaging, 5ft 6, Fendi clad Essex girl with too much Prosecco in her belly, whereas ESR is a stoutly bred, 6ft blonde (not peroxide) athletic, cloned viking. That’s what it will come down to in the end imo.

I love ESR. Think he is top talent and a top character. Seems to love Arsenal!

So far doing very well imo. Assisting and scoring. Getting into good goalacoring positons and could have had more goals with better finishing. Feels like he is improving every game and still a lot to come!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If they both switched teams, people would be sayimg the opposite of what they're saying now. Foden plays for the best team in the world where he plays with 10 other world class players. Put ESR in that team he'll look far better in that team. Put Foden in our team under mikel and A-M would calling him overrated.

ESR could easily play for most teams. Unlike Foden who can only play for city. He doesn't really have any physical attribute of note.
Foden is city’s top scorer since the beginning of last season it’s about time Arsenal fans stop acting like he’s someone benefitting from the team and realise that he’s one of the reasons they’re so good.

Nobody says the same things about Bernardo Silva, KDB etc. He’s just as key to them as those guys.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
You’ve always got to consider that that when evaluating or comparing young talent. City usually dominate possession which allows Foden to spend a lot of time in favourable areas of the pitch where he can concentrate on doing what he does best, as he pings passes to players who accentuate his contributions.

As the old adage goes, a good big man will always beat a good little man. Now, Foden has the size and carries the physical threat of a bow-legged rampaging, 5ft 6, Fendi clad Essex girl with too much Prosecco in her belly, whereas ESR is a stoutly bred, 6ft blonde (not peroxide) athletic, cloned viking. That’s what it will come down to in the end imo.
Amazing stuff

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Thanks for the support, Baz. A man needs all the help he can get when they come under attack for rating an Arsenal player on an Arsenal forum!
I'm not sure what the hell I think about Foden vs ESR, but anyone who writes about rampaging Essex girls and Vikings is speaking directly to my soul.

Top Bottom