• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don’t blame him tbf I think ESR is overrated by our fans. No way is he a 40m player and the type of player we should be building our team around.

Saying it with my chest that we should have sold him when we had the chance to.

Isn't Wilshere coming back to train with us for a bit?

Arteta to give a finished Super Jack a 3 year, £300,000 a week deal, and bin of Emile in January...I think yes!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don’t blame him tbf I think ESR is overrated by our fans. No way is he a 40m player and the type of player we should be building our team around.

Saying it with my chest that we should have sold him when we had the chance to.
@Macho man is doing what you weren’t brave enough to do😮

I also agree that we’ve overrated pretty much every young player in the squad but I’m not ready to make a clear judgement yet. If he shows some end product then he becomes an elite prospect imo. If he doesn’t he could still be an elite no8 but it becomes harder to call because other midfield talents are still chipping in with end product.

We’ll definitely be able to call it by end of this season though, people will scream patience but Foden, Greenwood, Saka, Mount and others before them have shown that if you have something you show it quite early.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Isn't Wilshere coming back to train with us for a bit?

Arteta to give a finished Super Jack a 3 year, £300,000 a week deal, and bin of Emile in January...I think yes!

That was my main issue if we sold him, I don’t trust our management to adequately use those funds and replace him properly.

Riou

He's shown quite a lot, tbf to Emile.

Never thought he was on Saka's level, but still a very good player...not one you build your team around, but one you build your team with.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I also agree that we’ve overrated pretty much every young player in the squad but I’m not ready to make a clear judgement yet. If he shows some end product then he becomes an elite prospect imo. If he doesn’t he could still be an elite no8 but it becomes harder to call because other midfield talents are still chipping in with end product.

We’ll definitely be able to call it by end of this season though, people will scream patience but Foden, Greenwood, Saka, Mount and others before them have shown that if you have something you show it quite early.

That’s exactly it plus 40m is a significant amount for a player who didn’t really play that much for us. A lot of people are scared to say the truth as he’s a product from our academy but I’ll just say it as I see it.

@Riou I’m not sure why you’re surprised tho. This ain’t Jack Wilshere who looked like a generational talent. I even have/had a lot of time for the likes of Saka, AMN, Willock etc but all of them are replaceable (bar Wilshere and Saka) especially if a good offer comes in for them. If we had a good structure then I’d be open to selling them to reinvest in our squad but we have Eduteta running things at the club.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He's shown quite a lot, tbf to Emile.

Never thought he was on Saka's level, but still a very good player...not one you build your team around, but one you build your team with.

He might prove me wrong and turn out to be a excellent player for us (hopefully he does) but at this moment, he ain’t it.

Riou

He wouldn't have been a starter in many of our teams of the past, but that's irrelevant, in terms of where we are as a club right now.

Is he a good player, yes...have we had better players in the past, also yes...but do we have significantly better players than him now, no.

So lets just enjoy a young London boy, living his dream as our number 10...and cross future bridges if and when we get to them.

but at this moment, he ain’t it.

Who is "it" in our squad right now, tbh...pretty much all our players are potential.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Who is "it" in our squad right now, tbh...pretty much all our players are potential.

In terms of our younger players?

If so, Saka is definitely it and possibly Saliba, Gabriel and Ben White? A bit hard to tell with defenders as they get better at a later age.

Also, don’t we want to improve from where we are as a club or just get attached to these talents and linger around mid table. If our strategy is going down the youth route then we have to be ruthless and 40m was a massive sum for a player who isn’t a key player imo.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
ESR did the right move.

Had ESR chosen to slide it to Pepe, the latter would have tried to control it ending up 3 meters further with Krul saving it with a slide.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Partey and Aubameyang if we were to be truthful. 2 seasons ago I’d have said Leno too.

Partey to me is equally not serious though. I personally don’t expect much from him, this season will fall on Xhaka’s shoulders yet again.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I don’t think they practice shooting/finishing at Hale End. They’re all the tippy tappy hybrid 10/wingers that Arsène loves, they’d rather try ‘walk it in’ as they say about Arsenal. I really hope Mertesacker tries change the philosophy we need more killers.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Tbf in real time it’s barely a bad decision, right decision is probably to slot Pepe through first time with a soft layoff but ultimately ESR still got off a very good shot for himself. Agendas have to be serviced though.

Nah, we need goals from Saka & ESR as well. I want them to have the confidence to shoot on sight like gunslingers. ESR made that chance as well, Pepe can f...k right off!

Barry

Hahaha you're tripping here mate, Emile lifted our season last year with basically his first kick in the Premier League and he's already looked our brightest player (apart from maybe Partey & Pepe) in pre-season and the Prem this year.

He's 100% going to be a star, surely your eyes tell you that just by watching him?

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ESR is highly rated, not overrated. He will soon learn to score in these moments. Last season some of his combinations with Laca, Saka and Tierney proves he is a space attacker and can learn quickly. Let's not forget this quad is in transition period and players around ESR are of similar ages or at similar stage of their career. ESR and teammates need winning results for confidence and vindications of their own capabilities. Hopefully Mikel will not screw them up by playing winning football instead of 'his' football philosophy.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
ESR did great to end up in clear cut goal opportunities vs both Brentford and Norwich.

Vs Brentford he basically made the chance himself, here he did the right thing, threw defender of balance and opened himself a clear shot on goal.

Just need to work on his finishing and he'll be a killer.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I feel like people will be forced to adjust their expectations with this guy much like we’ve had to do for Martinelli and Pepe shortly after his 72 mil transfer.

On this forum there is some variance about how much we rate him, but as far as the media, journos and pundits are concerned, he’s 100% overrated.

Martin Tyler and Martin Keown have compared him to a young Ronaldo at different times, so yes the ratings don’t quite match the ability.

He should really be a starter in this team however, so please don’t confuse this as me sh*tting on the guy, I’m not.

Barry

On this forum there is some variance about how much we rate him, but as far as the media, journos and pundits are concerned, he’s 100% overrated.

Martin Tyler and Martin Keown have compared him to a young Ronaldo at different times, so yes the ratings don’t quite match the ability.
Calling anyone a young Ronaldo, Messi or Zidane is just setting them up for failure because that level of excellence is so rare - like once in a generation (we are lucky because two came at once, like buses).

It's weird with talent because you just don't know how good the talented teenager will become, there are just so many variables and unknowns to their careers.

Smith-rowe has the raw materials to be really, really good though - that's for sure. It's not a given, but I'd be fairly confident that he reaches the level of say James Maddison by 2-3 years time. Arguably he's already ahead of where Mads was at the same stage of his career. Fitness, end-product & consistency are all going to be key though. Same with Saka.

Top Bottom