• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If you saw my post before I edited it :lol:

He's England international though, he will outgrow this situation pretty quickly.
Could easily be wrong but I think he’ll be a fringe international for most of his career unless something drastic happens.

Grealish, Rashford, Sterling, none of those guys are anywhere near done and then you have Foden and Greenwood who are going to go clear this season. Unless it’s at LB or CM I don’t think he’ll nail down a wing spot for England. Southgate is already bowing to the pressure to utilise the attacking talent he has.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Is that the same Southgate who played 5 defenders and 2 DMC's on the big stage?
Mmhmm. In the most recent game he played Kane, Grealish, Sterling, Foden and Mount with Rice as the defensive anchor.

It looked a bit disjointed which is natural as it was the first time he’s ever played such a system but if it works then it will work really well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Could easily be wrong but I think he’ll be a fringe international for most of his career unless something drastic happens.

Grealish, Rashford, Sterling, none of those guys are anywhere near done and then you have Foden and Greenwood who are going to go clear this season. Unless it’s at LB or CM I don’t think he’ll nail down a wing spot for England. Southgate is already bowing to the pressure to utilise the attacking talent he has.

Yeah he might get a couple of caps here and there but there’s a gap between the likes of Greenwood and Foden to Mount and Saka.

Even bigger fall off to ESR. He reminds me a lot of Lingard which is a good top 10 player but that’s probably it.

Never going to rack up the goals or assists.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@Troopz feeling hella smug recently I bet. :lol:

Ngl that missed pass in the last game broke something in me, if you can’t see that pass then wallah I don’t know what you can see. I’ve made my snap judgement and I’m sticking to it now, if he proves me wrong then so be it. Win-win.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Was it against Andora? :lol:
Yes but Besides the point! :lol:He’s going to try and make it work I think.

For tougher games he’ll play Rice and Phillips in the 4231 but I think the three at the back days are over. He’s got too much going on in attack.

I think Grealish, Sterling and Kane are pretty much undisputed starters now. That’s three attackers on the field at all times and he will probably squeeze in Foden when he can too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Ngl that missed pass in the last game broke something in me, if you can’t see that pass then wallah I don’t know what you can see. I’ve made my snap judgement and I’m sticking to it now, if he proves me wrong then so be it. Win-win.

Managing to call out both Saka and ESR in one thread...that's the true win-win for Trilly, imo.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Managing to call out both Saka and ESR in one thread...that's the true win-win for Trilly, imo.
Check my old posts and I used to love all these guys. Arteta has made me dislike every Arsenal player tbh and our over reliance/rating on young players hasn’t helped too.

Only guy I really have time for is Auba at this point.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Check my old posts and I used to love all these guys. Arteta has made me dislike every Arsenal player tbh and our over reliance/rating on young players hasn’t helped too.

Only guy I really have time for is Auba at this point.

I used to be guilty of this. Thought Wilshere would turn into Iniesta and Iwobi would be the next Sterling.

In reality the odds of a world class player coming through your academy is tiny even if you’re Arsenal.

In reality most of these kids will be good not great players. Even Saka who I rate highest of ours might just be a decent CL player.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That’s going to be me come the end of the season 🤣 but seriously what made it even sweeter was that I said Conor Gallagher was going to shine before the game.

Even though I really want these lads to prove me wrong, I just can’t see it happening.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That’s going to be me come the end of the season 🤣 but seriously what made it even sweeter was that I said Conor Gallagher was going to shine before the game.

Even though I really want these lads to prove me wrong, I just can’t see it happening.

Hot take but Gallagher, Mitchell, Rak Sakyi, Olise and Eze is a better youth project than ours.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I used to be guilty of this. Thought Wilshere would turn into Iniesta and Iwobi would be the next Sterling.

In reality the odds of a world class player coming through your academy is tiny even if you’re Arsenal.

In reality most of these kids will be good not great players. Even Saka who I rate highest of ours might just be a decent CL player.
If you play the percentages and write off young talents you’ll be right most of the time, it’s why United’s class of 92 and Barca’s golden generation is such a big deal, it just doesn’t happen often.

Think of how many top class players there are compared to how many overall players there are and then think of the limited number of academies they all come from. Being cynical and writing off every academy prospect before they’ve even kicked a ball would have you correct 99 times out of a hundred.

That’s why I laugh when people think we have two world class prospects. Trust me when one of those come about, we’ll all know about it. Same way people had been talking about Foden, Mbappe etc years before they came on the scene. Even Haaland who kind of came out of nowhere was a huge deal back at Salzburg. Bellingham had his jersey retired at 17 ffs. :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If you play the percentages and write off young talents you’ll be right most of the time, it’s why United’s class of 92 and Barca’s golden generation is such a big deal, it just doesn’t happen often.

Think of how many top class players there are compared to how many overall players there are and then think of the limited number of academies they all come from. Being cynical and writing off every academy prospect before they’ve even kicked a ball would have you correct 99 times out of a hundred.

That’s why I laugh when people think we have two world class prospects. Trust me when one of those come about, we’ll all know about it.

Literally. Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Fabregas, Puyol, Pique, Busquets all coming through your academy in a ten year span is never happening again.

The odds of that are like a million to one. If you look at the England Euros squad it’s mad to see how few came up in Big 6 academies.

Guys like Kane are the exception.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Carragher actually said out of the likes of Saka, Ødegaard and ESR, he can’t see them all getting to the level that we need to compete but let’s say one of them somehow reach that level. Would they even stay at Arsenal? I wouldn’t in our current state.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Amazing pass from Ramsdale that one. Not sure why ESR is getting the blame for Pepe losing the ball though. Agendas and all that.

ESR doesn't pass to Pepe, Arsenal fans... "Emile is so ****, ffs"

ESR does pass to Pepe, Arsenal fans..."Emile is so ****, ffs"

Interesting...

Latest posts

Top Bottom