• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Don’t know what you’re waffling on about, I wanted us to SIGN him or have an option to buy. That’s how big clubs operate.

The most clueless poster on here, Drippin, liking your post says everything, he was sucking off Runnarson, Mari etc.
You were bang against it, citing all the reasons I gave but most of all because he was a walking A&E case. You didn’t want it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You're the clueless one as you can't understand what you read, seems to happen a lot here.

Can't even admit you were totally wrong about the Ødegaard loan and attack me to divert the attention, while I have nothing to do with this.
How was i wrong about the loan? All i said was I want us to either sign players or have an option to buy.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You were bang against it, citing all the reasons I gave but most of all because he was a walking A&E case. You didn’t want it.
I was against it because i wanted us to sign him or have an option to buy. Why loan someone who could maybe do great and go somewhere else? It makes no sense.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

How was i wrong about the loan? All i said was I want us to either sign players or have an option to buy.
You said he was injured, which he wasn't, and said it's small club mentality to loan players. You also said he can't have an impact on our play because he is here so little time that the time will go to adjusting without good performances.

Well we didn't have money to buy him with 3 years in contract, and had to buy some cheap squad players in addition, like Mari and Runarsson etc.

Your suggestion was to use Willian at AMF even when he proved he can't handle it, rather than loan Ødegaard, because you said we can't have him after his loan.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You said he was injured, which he wasn't, and said it's small club mentality to loan players. You also said he can't have an impact on our play because he is here so little time that the time will go to adjusting without good performances.

Well we didn't have money to buy him with 3 years in contract, and had to buy some cheap squad players in addition, like Mari and Runarsson etc.

Your suggestion was to use Willian at AMF even when he proved he can't handle it, rather than loan Ødegaard, because you said we can't have him after his loan.
Where was I wrong? He didn’t impact our play as we still finished 8th and didn’t qualify for Europe, it’s not like he done what Lingard done at West Ham. He also had injuries.

The rest is a matter opinion, I just don’t think a top club should bring in good players without an option to buy. No other top PL club does this.

The only time you loan a player without an option is when you need emergency cover.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I was against it because i wanted us to sign him or have an option to buy. Why loan someone who could maybe do great and go somewhere else? It makes no sense.
I actually fully agreed with you at the time and didn't imagine it working out like it did. I stand by putting an option to buy though, because if Ødegaard went completely nuclear instead of just showing flashes he would not be at Arsenal.

@Jury was actually right though and we actually got him cheaper than what we might have done had we agreed on a price over a year ago, so fair dos to the club.

drippin

Where was I wrong? He didn’t impact our play as we still finished 8th and didn’t qualify for Europe, it’s not like he done what Lingard done at West Ham. He also had injuries.

The rest is a matter opinion, I just don’t think a top club should bring in good players without an option to buy. No other top PL club does this.

The only time you loan a player without an option is when you need emergency cover.
If we would have gone with your way, we wouldn't have had Ødegaard because Real wouldn't agree to an option to buy. Obviously there would have been an option to buy if Real had agreed to such.

If we wouldn't have got Ødegaard on loan because without an option you would have played Willian there instead of him, our season would have been worse.

Also Ødegaard wouldn't have had his 6 months here to adjust to EPL already. And we wouldn't have had a foot in the door for him to want to come especially here, which might have affected his price because not just any team could attract him like us after the loan, because he liked it here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I actually fully agreed with you at the time and didn't imagine it working out like it did. I stand by putting an option to buy though, because if Ødegaard went completely nuclear instead of just showing flashes he would not be at Arsenal.

@Jury was actually right though and we actually got him cheaper than what we might have done had we agreed on a price over a year ago, so fair dos to the club.
So basically the club gambled on being sh*t and it paid off?🤣

drippin

He didn’t impact our play as we still finished 8th and didn’t qualify for Europe
Here you can get some idea if he impacted our play. Does Maddison impact Leicester play?

It's shouldn't be a total shock that a player that can perform very well in LaLiga, can do it also in EPL.

Edit. Twitter link doesn't work. Now it does with this text.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
cristiano-ronaldo-cr7.gif

😂

Said by someone named after map. That says it all lmao.
Wow that GIF is gold, Jesus Christ.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Back to ESR, I hope if Wilshere comes to train with us, he can be a mentor to ESR. Wilshere said that ESR lacks the mentors he had which delays his progression. He has a lot to work with and I hope he gets better.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Foden was city’s top scorer I think last season when he was ESR’s age. Sancho is another one that’s only three months older than ESR and he’s had three 30 g+a seasons in a row albeit in a weaker league but still, 30+!

They’re all close enough in age to compare, nobody makes those excuses for Saka and Greenwood who are the babies of the group.
I think it's too simplistic to just assume that since foden scored lots of goals last season, it means he's a better finisher. Those players you mentioned play in far more attacking teams than ours. They miss far more chances than ESR. I don't know why A-M wants Arsenal youngsters to score from pretty much all their chances.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom