• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ironic that ESR kept Arteta in a job, before getting squeezed out of the side the following season by the non negotiable one. Hard to keep fit and on form playing an occasional subs roll as Pepe found out. After being the Croyden De Bruyne his value is going through the floor, like many before him under this regime.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've seen this story before, something needs to change dramatically for him I feel for circumstances to change otherwise this will be story of his career. It's good we've got Martinelli on the left and Vieira as an alternative centrally because we just can't depend on this guy sadly.

Reactions: A_G

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ironic that ESR kept Arteta in a job, before getting squeezed out of the side the following season by the non negotiable one. Hard to keep fit and on form playing an occasional subs roll as Pepe found out. After being the Croyden De Bruyne his value is going through the floor, like many before him under this regime.
At this point it’s more fitness than Arteta.

I do think Arteta’s reluctance to use his squad players is an issue but ESR isn’t even available.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

At this point it’s more fitness than Arteta.

I do think Arteta’s reluctance to use his squad players is an issue but ESR isn’t even available.
That's true now, but it wasn't always so mate.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

If it's true that it's an injury due to the joint still growing it would worse with more playtime not better.

As for 'Croydon De Bruyne', he never looked anything like it. It's like when people were comparing Ryo Miyachi to CR7

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Where is the evidence to support this idea that Arteta is deliberately freezing or tanking Smith Rowe's value?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Where is the evidence to support this idea that Arteta is deliberately freezing or tanking Smith Rowe's value?
Not sure what you mean. Since November last year there’s been thirty something league games and ESR has only played 90 minutes twice. Arteta has preferred other players starting like Ødegaard and Martinelli instead. He’s only not been in the squad 4 times due to injury. Similarish profile to Pepe. You think that will have raised his value?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If it's true that it's an injury due to the joint still growing it would worse with more playtime not better.

As for 'Croydon De Bruyne', he never looked anything like it. It's like when people were comparing Ryo Miyachi to CR7
If it’s an injury he shouldn’t have been including in the squad so many times last year. He should have been given a proper amount of time to get over it not coming on as sub so many times . . 16 minutes here, 12 minutes there etc. He was only ruled out of the squad 4 times in almost 12 months.

SA Gunner

Not sure what you mean. Since November last year there’s been thirty something league games and ESR has only played 90 minutes twice. Arteta has preferred other players starting like Ødegaard and Martinelli instead. He’s only not been in the squad 4 times due to injury. Similarish profile to Pepe. You think that will have raised his value?

We can apply your logic to both Tierney and Holding, minimal appearances made for a lot of football played. Should we apply the same thinking to them as well, that they have been discarded/frozen out/etc?

I’ll ask again. What evidence do you have that Arteta is deliberately talking ESR’s value or freezing him out for that matter? Could it not just be an issue that Martinelli has taken his place in the first team?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think this might change this season with all our games, but I worry about his fitness. It was a problem during his days at Huddersfield, and he often just played 60 minutes. He's a talented player, and I really hope that we can get him going this season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’ll ask again. What evidence do you have that Arteta is deliberately talking ESR’s value or freezing him out for that matter? Could it not just be an issue that Martinelli has taken his place in the first team?
Yeah but Mikel doesn’t use his squad well enough which inadvertently tanks a players value.

He’s been promoted to manager and it’s probably something he should consider more often going forwards. All the top managers get their squad involved to an extent. Useful for both on and off the pitch reasons.

SA Gunner

Yeah but Mikel doesn’t use his squad well enough which inadvertently tanks a players value.

He’s been promoted to manager and it’s probably something he should consider more often going forwards. All the top managers get their squad involved to an extent. Useful for both on and off the pitch reasons.

The poor squad management is the one I would agree to. I was hoping @Makingtrax would touch on that aspect of Arteta's management, or the lack thereof.

As for deliberately discarding Smith Rowe, after the role he has played in Arteta's survival, yeah I dont think the guy is that selfish. But hey, perhaps there's evidence of that.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We can apply your logic to both Tierney and Holding, minimal appearances made for a lot of football played. Should we apply the same thinking to them as well, that they have been discarded/frozen out/etc?

I don’t think he’s been ‘frozen out’, he’s been squeezed out by players Arteta has given more opportunities to, and hence he’s struggled to keep match fit. It’s difficult to show your best coming on as a sub for 12 mins, hence he hasn’t got the form he had. And his value will go down.

SA Gunner

I don’t think he’s been ‘frozen out’, he’s been squeezed out by players Arteta has given more opportunities to, and hence he’s struggled to keep match fit. It’s difficult to show your best coming on as a sub for 12 mins, hence he hasn’t got the form he had. And his value will go down.

Isnt this what every manager does with performing players? If you are delivering on the field do you not keep your place and become a starter?

I think that's what's happened here, with Martinelli coming in and being fantastic as our wide forward.

Same thing happened to White, with Saliba coming in and taking his spot in the team. Remember when you said that Saliba probably wouldnt get opportunities here?

I dont think there is a conspiracy here Trax. Its a simple case of a player losing his position and the unfortunate knock on effects from that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's not about his form ffs. Arteta suggests he has had these issues for a long time.

It looks like similar to Tomiyasu, who he said hasn't been able to train properly this whole year until recently. And now of course he plays Tomiyasu, in small patches, to get him in form and not injured again. He will do the same to ESR when he is fit. He has done the same with Tierney to get him fit without getting injured again.

People, especially this Wenger Gimp, make up the weirdest stuff to blame Arteta about.

He wants Arteta to play an injured ESR, so his form and value doesn't drop. You can't make this stuff up. :lol:

""This is the main concern. We have to find a solution to that and we are trying to do so."

"WHAT THEY SAID: Speaking about Smith Rowe's struggles to stay fit, Arteta said: "I’m concerned about the fact that we don’t have him available and when he’s been trying to train he’s not been feeling 100% or pain free.

THE BIGGER PICTURE: Asked how Smith Rowe is finding the situation, Arteta added: "Very frustrating. He’s a kid who loves playing football and it’s the biggest thing in his life and when you are not capable of doing that, especially after the run of games and performances he had with us the year before, it’s difficult.

"But injuries are part of football. You are going to get them at this stage of your career. It’s how you are going to face up to these difficult moments and then how you a re going to make the next step. You have to go through that.

"It’s our responsibility to manage him in the best possible way, to surround him with the right habits as well, with the right people around him to support everything that he needs to play at this level consistently."

Latest posts

Top Bottom