• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
If Arsenal were a top four/six team I don’t think ESR would make the first eleven (as an attacking player).

He’s definitely benefitting from our fall-off.
I don’t think he’s first 11 for us either. I would have him behind Saka, Ode and Pepe certainly Ode was signed in his position to start games.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Like I’ve said on multiple occasions in the past, easily the worst poster on A-M. It’s HairSpray-esque posting which is similar to speaking to a brick wall ffs.

- Firstly, with the Iwobi deal there were many different sources that were quoting different figures which it could rise to with add ons. Check Ornstein’s tweet below:

- My second point is you don’t have to be an exceptional talent in his position to be a clear starter in this current Arsenal team who are 16th. You do for Chelsea, Utd, City etc but not for us in our current state.

- We didn’t entertain any of their offers, so why would they increase it to their maximum bid? It just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever plus they still had funds available at that time from the potential Grealish sale, it’s not like they couldn’t afford him. If the other party is willing to negotiate then a deal could have been struck with add ons similar to the Iwobi deal as Everton made an opening offer of 30m for him.

- Arsenal thought Xhaka, Mustafi, Willian etc were going to be top players. What does that mean? That whole Villa thought stuff is absolutely ridiculous. Everton thought Iwobi was going to be a top player that’s why they splashed out on him but you don’t rate him, so how does that work? Leeds splashed out on James and you don’t rate him…

- I’ve repeated many times already that I hope ESR does well as I was one of the guys advocating that we bring him in to the starting eleven last season when Arteta was constantly giving Willian a chance but I’m not blind and I’m a realist. I know people get attached to the Hale End lads but so far I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s good enough to take us to the next level and he can be easily replaceable if we have the right management in charge.

People are just getting salty and crying because I’m saying what I think (it’s my opinion) and I don’t think ESR is as good as some are making him out to be. Exceptional talent? Key player? Worth 30-40m? Not for me, chief and that’s my last post on this as this is just going around in circles.
Well, I was fine with selling Iwobi for 30-35 million, so it seems we might have got that. Ornstein of course says what looks best for the club, so that sum might be too much.

You say Everton bid 30 million for Iwobi (almost on deadline day I think), and Villa bid 25 million first. This means in negotiation that they won't bid 40 million unless absolutely desperate for a player with 6 months of experience in EPL. To start at 25 and go to 40 means they got bent over.

I wanted ESR to get his chance earlier too, but I think his shoulder injury from 11th September to 24th October affected how early he could get proper minutes in combination with his earlier injuries and lack of game-time with the first team.

Anyway, the main point seems to be that you think we should have sold ESR for 35 million pounds (Villa bid only 30 million or so). While I was sure he will renew which he did, and has contract until 2026. And we can get 30 million minimum even in 2024. While he will likely be an important squad player with not big wages, and has the potential to be worth much more.

And my first point was how ridiculous it is to bring Musiala or similar talents to downplay our own, whose development has been hindered with injuries. It's as ridiculous as saying ESR is as good as the best talents in the world.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is a puzzling statement. We fell out of the top 4/5 with world class players that had previously got us top 4. Hate to have to say it, but we had Özil in his position when this happened.

If you're saying he wouldn't get a game in the days when we were coasting to 4th, then I agree, but many others probably wouldn't get in either.

We are where we are, and he's in the side and plays his position as adequately and and reliably as anyone else does in their respective positions. You think he's somewhat of a weak link in this side when he plays...?
No I don’t think that, was more just an observation on the current state of the club.

It reads quite negative but he is playing well with the opportunities given, just not well enough for how highly he’s rated imo. My position is to give him time and see how good he can be but I don’t think he’s as good as people think he currently is.

also a petty one but I really don’t like how the club gave him the no10, but I had the same complaint when it happened with Saka who later earned it. I feel like the club is reducing its standards a bit.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No I don’t think that, was more just an observation on the current state of the club.

It reads quite negative but he is playing well with the opportunities given, just not well enough for how highly he’s rated imo. My position is to give him time and see how good he can be but I don’t think he’s as good as people think he currently is.
I think he's shown more of a goal threat and I've been pleased with how he's coming along. I think he's the type that will keep improving over the season and finish it a significantly better player than he started. Yes, him being given the 10 shirt prematurely is indicative of how much we've fallen, I agree, but we could say the same about Saka and he's a England regular!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Good points raised regarding the number 10 shirt, but consider me also confident that he will probably grow into it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Good points raised regarding the number 10 shirt, but consider me also confident that he will probably grow into it.
There comes a point where you have to show faith in a youngster you believe in. Saka has already shown huge maturity and he'd get into most squads in the prem. ESR deserves a season to grow into that role, as you say. Wenger did it with a few when things were tight as well.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Where are all these people saying we shouldnt sign Ode as he might hamper ESR? 🤔

I love ESR but at the moment like most of our team he is not the finished article & needs to develop & become a top player.
No way he gets into a top 4 side. Not sure any of our players do at the moment. Perhaps they will in a couple of years if they progress & hopefully that top 4 team will be Arsenal 🤞

We are building for the future & if our young players improve together it should be brighter.
1st step though is to be winning matches & get back into top 6 which means getting above Leicester/Sp**s.

For a very young team with a lot of new signings it wont be easy but is imho the realistic target for this season.

The more good footballers we have the more chance we will achieve things. ESR is a good footballer.
As i have said before though stats for assists/goals needs to improve throughout the team.
Lets hope the young players are able to step forward with numbers.

drippin

There comes a point where you have to show faith in a youngster you believe in. Saka has already shown huge maturity and he'd get into most squads in the prem. ESR deserves a season to grow into that role, as you say. Wenger did it with a few when things were tight as well.
If we only looks minutes and stats, Saka in his first season played 1753 minutes in EPL and got 1+5. ESR in his first season got 2+4 in 1449 minutes. Saka of course played LWB too.

Now of course Saka is a year younger, but also hasn't had injuries to hinder him. ESR has been as highly rated as Saka I think.

Troopz would have sold Saka too, for let's say 45 million a year ago? 😂

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Where are all these people saying we shouldnt sign Ode as he might hamper ESR? 🤔
You must be talking about the likes of likes of @GDeep™ and @Makingtrax... Both said it was a pointless loan because there wasn't an option to buy and this isn't what a big club does and there's no chance of signing him and he'd be too expensive and he's a cripple and the sky is falling down and we're all going to get Ebola. Of course, anyone with their eyes open (me) could see the option to buy meant **** all and we this was just a chance to get our foot in the door on a deal we wanted to make permanent, and look what happened. They're really astute though, those two. Top lads.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If we only looks minutes and stats, Saka in his first season played 1753 minutes in EPL and got 1+5. ESR in his first season got 2+4 in 1449 minutes. Saka of course played LWB too.

Now of course Saka is a year younger, but also hasn't had injuries to hinder him. ESR has been as highly rated as Saka I think.

Troopz would have sold Saka too, for let's say 45 million a year ago? 😂

This brick wall is still trying to call me out, at least tag me in next time so I can be notified.

Is that his fault that he hasn’t had injuries to hinder him? It’s a non starter comparing Saka to ESR in terms of talent. Saka is easily the much bigger talent and even with him, he still needs to improve his end product as it’s not good enough but obviously he’s still a level above ESR imo.

Saka unlike ESR in his first season was moved around to many different positions and had to play LWB ffs. How are you comparing someone who was filling in at LB/LWB to a number 10? Not sure what dodgy calculator you used to come up with that equation that I’d sell Saka too - more waffle from brickkin.

drippin

This brick wall is still trying to call me out, at least tag me in next time so I can be notified.

Is that his fault that he hasn’t had injuries to hinder him? It’s a non starter comparing Saka to ESR in terms of talent. Saka is easily the much bigger talent and even with him, he still needs to improve his end product as it’s not good enough but obviously he’s still a level above ESR imo.

Saka unlike ESR in his first season was moved around to many different positions and had to play LWB ffs. How are you comparing someone who was filling in at LB/LWB to a number 10? Not sure what dodgy calculator you used to come up with that equation that I’d sell Saka too - more waffle from brickkin.
You keep calling names and belittling, but I ignore that. I didn't tag you because you said you had enough of this subject and wouldn't answer anymore, so I thought to leave you at peace.

No it's not Saka's fault, duh. We can compare Saka & ESR easily, because they're from the same academy and have one year age difference. I earlier said I rate Saka higher than ESR, but ESR has had injuries so he isn't as far behind than it would seem. Saka has more of that star spark though.

In my joke I laughed at your eagerness to sell our best talents, when we can get same or more later, after good service and checking of potential.

I totally get selling of Iwobi for 25-35 million pounds, but I wouldn't for ESR. He hasn't even been tested properly, and now has a long contract.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Troopz I thought he was talking about AFTV Troopz. I wasn't aware of the beef :facepalm:

:lol:

put-gun-into-pocket-mr-stendahl.gif

Latest posts+

Top Bottom