• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think it's too simplistic to just assume that since foden scored lots of goals last season, it means he's a better finisher. Those players you mentioned play in far more attacking teams than ours. They miss far more chances than ESR. I don't know why A-M wants Arsenal youngsters to score from pretty much all their chances.
I get the sense they don’t miss big chances like our youngsters do. Anyway like I said I’m waiting for the end of the season to be sure but Saka and ESR especially give me midfielder not forward vibes.

I know they get less chances but some of the chances they miss just don’t fill me with confidence.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I get the sense they don’t miss big chances like our youngsters do. Anyway like I said I’m waiting for the end of the season to be sure but Saka and ESR especially give me midfielder not forward vibes.

I know they get less chances but some of the chances they miss just don’t fill me with confidence.
Well, had to check. Foden has played 2874 minutes in EPL thus far, and has 7 big chances missed. A big chance missed per 411 minutes.

Saka has played 4548 minutes in EPL thus far, and has 7 big chances missed. A big chance missed per 650 minutes.

ESR has played 1844 minutes in EPL thus far, and has 2 big chances missed. A big chance missed per 922 minutes.

Not gonna bother with Sancho as that's Bundesliga and not sure where to check the stats.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Sancho is an £80m player, there's very few as good as that in the world, maybe one or two others in his age group (which is a year or two older than our pair anyway). Another point on this is that ESR doesn't have to be as good as Sancho to be a success for Arsenal. He can be a very good player without reaching those heights. You could say the same for Foden really. As others have said - look at what Grealish & Maddison were doing at their ages and they are on a level or ahead of both.

We need a bit of patience with these two.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Well, had to check. Foden has played 2874 minutes in EPL thus far, and has 7 big chances missed. A big chance missed per 411 minutes.

Saka has played 4548 minutes in EPL thus far, and has 7 big chances missed. A big chance missed per 650 minutes.

ESR has played 1844 minutes in EPL thus far, and has 2 big chances missed. A big chance missed per 922 minutes.

Not gonna bother with Sancho as that's Bundesliga and not sure where to check the stats.
Yeah fair enough, maybe they just play in better attacks but I get the sense it’s something more innate. We’ll see

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The same i said about saka they hitting some rough patch just keep the hard work in training and the form will back

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think he needs to sit down and analyze the replay, the same mistakes are happening over and over. There is nothing technically wrong with him, it just feels like he doesn't fully understand what's needed from him in certain situations

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Who was it that called him Emile kills flow? :lol:
Might have been ahead of the curve...
I didn’t wanna be the one to say it 😂

Single handedly destroyed some counters today but everyone’s weight of pass was off today tbh.

I feel the team as a whole aren’t focused enough, it’s like they see that it’s a simple five yard pass and don’t focus on hitting it correctly. If I was Mikel I’d be furious at that but it seems that the general vibe is that as long as you keep possession it’s okay.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

All these guys did it, Saka, Auba, Pepe - I can’t even get onto ESR alone for that today.
You sometimes see Pep going mad at players when it’s not quite clear what they’ve done wrong.

Feel like we needed that today, our forwards weren’t passing with intensity or focus today. It was lazy, that’s all you can call it.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Weird how Laca has been banished, when he is the only attacking player we have, that can really do anything with the style of football Mikel is trying to play.
If we want to play Auba up front, and not play with two forwards, there isn't much choice really. I think Laca has actually been a better lone striker than Auba for most of last year.

Somehow we seem married to 4-2-3-1.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I think people expect too much of ESR. I have never seen any world class potential in him. He is a connect player. One of those that keeps things ticking when he is on form. I do believe that his end product will improve with age and experience, but he is not really that gamechanger many want him to be, especially with him getting the number 10 shirt.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I didn’t wanna be the one to say it 😂

Single handedly destroyed some counters today but everyone’s weight of pass was off today tbh.

I feel the team as a whole aren’t focused enough, it’s like they see that it’s a simple five yard pass and don’t focus on hitting it correctly. If I was Mikel I’d be furious at that but it seems that the general vibe is that as long as you keep possession it’s okay.
Yep Arteta finds happiness with his '1-0 and suffer' vibes. Seems he would be happy if all our wins were like that irrespective of the opponent.

Top Bottom