• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

So are people gonna shut up about ESR now ? Somehow gets mixed messages on this thread even though he’s been our head and shoulders player of 2021.

Player of the season doesn’t mean much to me. I remember Lacazette got it in 2018/19 and I still didn’t rate him like that and I thought we could have upgraded on him.

This feels like when that Utd fan Goldbridge used the Man Utd POTS award to say that De Gea is better than Alisson 🤣

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So are people gonna shut up about ESR now ? Somehow gets mixed messages on this thread even though he’s been our head and shoulders player of 2021.

Shutting up rival fans, plus terrible Arsenal ones...love it, captaincy next, imo!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I never knew about his pace tbh. I knew he could get from a to b, but he’s absolutely hauling ass lately. What else will he add to his game? I’m actually frightened.

Rattata

The comparisons are so weird and unnecessary tbh, Foden is world class now, he's one of the best talents England has ever produced. He plays like a guy much older than he actually is and at this rate he could even compete for the top individual prizes.

ESR is obviously well off this, and if we're expecting him to get anywhere near the level Foden will reach we'll obviously be disappointed.

At least with Mount, who's also pretty well ahead currently, you could say they have pretty similar ceilings based on ability and potential. Mount better at some aspects, ESR better at others. But the whole comparison thing I don't really get either. All three could easily play in the same England side with ease in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. But regardless, I'm not sure why there's so much emphasis on measuring our own players against our rivals. It surely matters most what they contribute to our team.

If ESR has an amazing season let's say 10 goals and 20 assists (I know it's probably not gonna happen), are we gonna go, "Oh yeah but he's **** because Mount got 11 goals and 20 assists" or something like that.
Foden has shown absolutely nothing at the Euros to suggest he's a world class player. In general throwing around the term world class for a player that had one good season in his career is ridiculous. Comparisons like this are stupid anyway. City is a well oiled machine dominating most teams and creating the most chances in the PL. Quite a lot easier to look good in such a team.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Player of the season doesn’t mean much to me. I remember Lacazette got it in 2018/19 and I still didn’t rate him like that and I thought we could have upgraded on him.

This feels like when that Utd fan Goldbridge used the Man Utd POTS award to say that De Gea is better than Alisson 🤣
Except ESR is 21 and just broke onto the scene less than a year ago. There’s a difference there compared to 28-32 year olds doing it.

And who am I saying ESR is better than? I’m not involved in the silly Foden debate don’t worry 😂

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Except ESR is 21 and just broke onto the scene less than a year ago. There’s a difference there compared to 28-32 year olds doing it.

And who am I saying ESR is better than? I’m not involved in the silly Foden debate don’t worry 😂

The point is we don't have top players anymore. It's not like we have a prime Özil, Alexis, Fabregas or RVP. We have a team full of average players. Being the best of average dross doesn't mean much. And I don't even think he's been the best of average dross because Saka has been better, Gabriel has a case to be more important and Auba is when he gets the supply which frankly ESR fails at much of the time in this system. Even Xhaka does as much as fans dislike him.

Riou

He has definitely been our best player this season, certainly in an attacking sense.

And even if we did have a prime Fab/Özil in the team, they would take Ødegaard's spot, ESR would still be a starter...think Martin will be very good for us, but Emile is more rounded as a player.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
ESR reminds me of Özil when he gets the ball in the attacking third, your heart tells you something might happen. OK it's not going to be to a sublime pass or the way he brings the ball down, more a burst of speed or a switch of direction. But there's something special about him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
ESR reminds me of Özil when he gets the ball in the attacking third, your heart tells you something might happen. OK it's not going to be to a sublime pass or the way he brings the ball down, more a burst of speed or a switch of direction. But there's something special about him.
I dunno man. I’ve got that feeling with Özil in the early days but after that, my heart wanted to believe but my head told me to just accept the nice, tidy pass.

Anyone who says they don’t expect more from ESR in when attacking positions on either flank or centrally than they did Mesut in his last few years has to be lying. ESR’s pace, ability and willingness to shoot lifts expectation far more. It’s not always about ability, of which Mesut still had tons of, it’s how you apply it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He has definitely been our best player this season, certainly in an attacking sense.
Can’t wait till Auba leaves and we finish mid table for the next five years. Ungrateful

Riou

Can’t wait till Auba leaves and we finish mid table for the next five years. Ungrateful

Pierre has been good, would give Emile the edge this season though.

Also I am shocked, shocked, that you are downplaying Smith-Rowe...you have always been so supportive of him...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pierre has been good, would give Emile the edge this season though.

Also I am shocked, shocked, that you are downplaying Smith-Rowe...you have always been so supportive of him...
I’ve been here for Iwobi and the Ox before that. You’ll all see and I’ll be here, laughing, like I always am.

I Mentioned Foden once on purpose just to get people over excited now I can just pick them off one at a time. #4DChess

Riou

I’ve been here for Iwobi and the Ox before that. You’ll all see and I’ll be here, laughing, like I always am.

I Mentioned Foden once on purpose just to get people over excited now I can just pick them off one at a time. #4DChess

You are a bizarre fan, tbh.

Can't wait until Pepe takes you to midtable in Ligue Uber Eats with him, when his contract runs out here.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Remember when Nasri suddenly found another 5 yards of pace and all of a sudden people were wondering whether he was up there with the best in the world for that period? 🧐
For that period Nasri was sensational. Wenger year him playing like such a star. He had the curse when he left us though and sunk back to normality very quickly

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
For that period Nasri was sensational. Wenger year him playing like such a star. He had the curse when he left us though and sunk back to normality very quickly
He was unplayable. Got to the point where you was expecting the Nasri show every week; the sort of expectation reserved for the likes of Henry, Bergkamp and that’s about it. That player vanished without trace never to be seen again. Glad but kind of disappointed at the same time.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He was unplayable. Got to the point where you was expecting the Nasri show every week; the sort of expectation reserved for the likes of Henry, Bergkamp and that’s about it. That player vanished without trace never to be seen again. Glad but kind of disappointed at the same time.

Reckon it happened when Wenger shifted him back to the left wing to have "Theo Van Nasregas" front 4. More balance but he was less direct from the left.

I remember his best football came when he was closer to goal facing opponent defenders.

Top Bottom