• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He'll bounce back, btw. Just don't see him as a 10 like Ødegaard.

Needs to be on the wing, imo.
Needs to be on the bench IMO and think about his game for a bit. Other than goals, he's been poor for a while but goals masked a lot of the issues in his game.

He was actually a better player 2 years ago than he is now

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Needs to be on the bench IMO and think about his game for a bit. Other than goals, he's been poor for a while but goals masked a lot of the issues in his game.

Nah, his finishing has come on leaps and bounds. He's having a dip, normal for a player.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nah, his finishing has come on leaps and bounds. He's having a dip, normal for a player.
I hope you are right about it, but I have a feeling he will give us another dose of Ramsey where we will have a useless player who will sometimes score a goal. That's not how i saw him 2 years ago

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Use me as a dislike button

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Really becoming Ramsey Regen

akhil

Go back to being pass and move with max a 2-3 touches. Every time he dribbles, it's head down with no awareness about whats around him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I hope you are right about it, but I have a feeling he will give us another dose of Ramsey where we will have a useless player who will sometimes score a goal. That's not how i saw him 2 years ago
He is not as the other 3 in their position. Ødegaard is better in the middle and the other two are better out wide.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Never liked him as a 10 because I don’t think he tries to get on the ball enough or sees the whole pitch like Ødegaard would. I think he’s better on the left but Martinelli is killing it at the minute so he can’t really play there either. Not sure what they do with him going forward.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dreadful first game back, hopefully just needs to build match fitness because this showed way Ode is ahead of him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He is not as the other 3 in their position. Ødegaard is better in the middle and the other two are better out wide.
Totally agree, I struggle to find any position for him atm. My point was, from a youth player who was excellent when driving with the ball through mid and a technically solid midfielder, he transitioned himself into Ramsey.

Saka, for example, was more or less technically the same but he is now so far ahead of ESR on the ball.

I don't like to be negative on ESR as he is one of my favorite youth players, but I want to be realistic with how things look, I just wonder if it's something to do with coaching or ESR just wants to play this way

GoonerJay24

I'm not so sure about that. He certainly been lacking something of late; his ability to combine and speed up the play hasn't materialised like last season.

It seems he been working alot on his goalscoring and runs whilst neglecting what saw him breakthrough initially.

Definitely needs to work on his passing. If Wenger was his coach he'd be a much better player I feel.

GoonerJay24

Go back to being pass and move with max a 2-3 touches. Every time he dribbles, it's head down with no awareness about whats around him.
I'm noticing this too. Arteta and coaches should be continually addressing these technical elements.

Liam_Og

Been saying it for a while, going forward its going to be hard to accommodate Gabi and ESR in the same side.

Either Gabi eventually evolves into a CF, which looks less and less likely with every game he plays, or ESR develops into a B2B, which looks unlikely.

Rattata

2 years ago? Something is wrong with your sense of time :D. At the start of the season against Brentford and Chelsea he was at his best. His overall game has been meh since the United game. I think that was right after he got called up to the national team.

Kav

Established Member
He goes missing in games quite too often for my liking. He’s great at driving with the ball but he adds little else apart from making runs into the box. The goals have been masking his inability to affect the games during build up or possession.

That being said I think it’s just a blip and he will find his form again. He’s definitely better out wide or as an advanced midfielder. Hopefully he gets back to basics because Arteta won’t be changing his system to suit ESR.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Jesus, it’s crazy how quickly this place can turn on a player.

In what was poor display, ESR had a few moments which encapsulated his quality. He’s one of the best dribblers in the league, he has an eye for goal and fantastic movement off the ball.

I’ve always said his skill set is more suited to a wide player. He travels quickly with the ball and he can make and score goals. His passing does need to improve but I do like the way he can speed up our attacks with one twos.

He’s having a fantastic season and this is just the start.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Jesus, it’s crazy how quickly this place can turn on a player.

In what was poor display, ESR had a few moments which encapsulated his quality. He’s one of the best dribblers in the league, he has an eye for goal and fantastic movement off the ball.

I’ve always said his skill set is more suited to a wide player. He travels quickly with the ball and he can make and score goals. His passing does need to improve but I do like the way he can speed up our attacks with one twos.

He’s having a fantastic season and this is just the start.
I actually can't believe you lot have turned on ESR after a couple of good games. Totally agree with TGG here, this guy has been one of the bright spots of the last two seasons. Some of the hot takes here are ridiculous

Latest posts+

Top Bottom