• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Man.....you gotta feel for the lad, just when he had something like a breakthrough last season wrt goals (10 goals in 33 games in the league, excellent return).

As for people saying that we should've sold him...well I don't agree, but then again this only seems to be the minority (unless I'm missing something?).

ESR is definitely one of our top talents IMO, so I'm hoping he recovers well and is incorporated again.

Rattata

These ongoing groin issues are the reason he seemingly lost all his ability to dribble at high pace. I believe it started again when he came back from that int. break right before the away game against United. You could see something was wrong with him in that game despite the goal.

As someone who had similiar groin issues when I was young it doesn't surprise me at all. Your body just doesn't feel right plus the constant pain when moving your legs.

I would recommend to watch some highlights of his breakthrough season at Arsenal and his Huddersfield days. If you compare that with ESR the past year it feels like you see a different player.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Hilarious that he’s been struggling with persistent injury for 10 months and has no been forced to take the grave decision of having surgery isn’t it?

More than any other this thread makes me seethe, bunch of ****s here who should be ashamed of themselves honestly
I apologise for the last line, it’s a little too far. The thread makes me angry and I have to admit I was drunk when I made the post.

I do think it’s strange and unfortunate that a young man who has a persistent injury problem that has required surgery should be such a figure of fun tho. I just find it sad.

Last edited:

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
The signs with this lad arent great. Following same trajectory as Wilshere. Plays well when fit but is out injured a lot of the time.

Let's see how he does after surgery but I wouldnt be offering any further contracts until he can go a season without breaking down again. Otherwise it's just a waste of a squad space..

Really like the player tho & hope this surgery can sort the issue out. Hes young, so that's in his favour...but then so was Jack.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Anyone a bit worried that some of the targets we've gone after would basically end him (Mudryk, Gakpo)? These are guys that really only play on the left and Smith Rowe is only really confident on the left. Seems to me like we need to make a big decision on Smith Rowe's future and ability and fitness here, if we decide to buy a winger, unless he is a right winger, his future at the club is basically over in any significant way.

samspade

Anyone a bit worried that some of the targets we've gone after would basically end him (Mudryk, Gakpo)? These are guys that really only play on the left and Smith Rowe is only really confident on the left. Seems to me like we need to make a big decision on Smith Rowe's future and ability and fitness here, if we decide to buy a winger, unless he is a right winger, his future at the club is basically over in any significant way.
Arteta wants to develop him as an 8 100%. I’m aware you have some questions about his capability here but that’s where all the treatment of him starting in summer and leading to his surgery points.

We have to see how he recovers, we haven’t seen the proper esr since December when he was covering more distance and producing more sprints than Saka.

I believe in his ability still.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Arteta wants to develop him as an 8 100%. I’m aware you have some questions about his capability here but that’s where all the treatment of him starting in summer and leading to his surgery points.

We have to see how he recovers, we haven’t seen the proper esr since December when he was covering more distance and producing more sprints than Saka.

I believe in his ability still.
I agree with that actually, I have less doubts about his ability there in this current set up, that LAM role working the channels is really ideal for him, though he needs to work on his passing and decision making and composure on the ball, Xhaka is miles ahead of him there.

But that means if we sign more than one CM (Thomas back-up) there’s also little room for him. Because Vieira will get more and more games there too, it’s clear.

Basically only see room for one offensive signing and one 5 signed if ESR will have a future here.

samspade

I agree with that actually, I have less doubts about his ability there in this current set up, that LAM role working the channels is really ideal for him, though he needs to work on his passing and decision making and composure on the ball, Xhaka is miles ahead of him there.

But that means if we sign more than one CM (Thomas back-up) there’s also little room for him. Because Vieira will get more and more games there too, it’s clear.

Basically only see room for one offensive signing and one 5 signed if ESR will have a future here.
I think it’s fair to say that his development’s been pretty severely hampered by injuries so far. But that also means we probably haven’t seen the player’s ceiling yet. He’s had what amounts to one full season uninterrupted by injuries for the first team. He came in for øde in a game a little while ago (can’t remember which) and it made me feel optimistic for him again for the first time in a long time. Tbh, his passing and decision making was a lot more crisp from that position than it’s ever looked from left 8.

I think his performance in that fateful game vs Brentford is very underrated and worth remembering. When on form, his passing on the move and in a ten yard radius has always been very accurate, it’s actually rare to find a player who can find short options as crisp as some of those in the Brentford game and the 4-0 vs West Brom for example (Xhaka has been quite weak at this in his career but really improved in recent times). ESR’s passing weakness come into the picture when it comes time to get set and find a crisp medium-to long-option. This also gets exposed when he manages to find an angle and time with his considerable dribbling talents as he’s consequently unable to perform the more difficult task of moving from the fast short staccato game to recognising he’s now earnt himself time and subsequently choosing and executing a really key pass.

But he’s physically gifted, has dribbling ability, an excellent short game, and he has excellent instincts when it comes to attacking space and arriving to score.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I think it’s fair to say that his development’s been pretty severely hampered by injuries so far. But that also means we probably haven’t seen the player’s ceiling yet. He’s had what amounts to one full season uninterrupted by injuries for the first team. He came in for øde in a game a little while ago (can’t remember which) and it made me feel optimistic for him again for the first time in a long time. Tbh, his passing and decision making was a lot more crisp from that position than it’s ever looked from left 8.

I think his performance in that fateful game vs Brentford is very underrated and worth remembering. When on form, his passing on the move and in a ten yard radius has always been very accurate, it’s actually rare to find a player who can find short options as crisp as some of those in the Brentford game and the 4-0 vs West Brom for example (Xhaka has been quite weak at this in his career but really improved in recent times). ESR’s passing weakness come into the picture when it comes time to get set and find a crisp medium-to long-option. This also gets exposed when he manages to find an angle and time with his considerable dribbling talents as he’s consequently unable to perform the more difficult task of moving from the fast short staccato game to recognising he’s now earnt himself time and subsequently choosing and executing a really key pass.

But he’s physically gifted, has dribbling ability, an excellent short game, and he has excellent instincts when it comes to attacking space and arriving to score.
Yeah, brilliantly said. He lacks a lot of maturity in his game which is normal for someone of his age who has barely played centrally in the entirety of his formation, but yeah, as you say his pass and move game is fantastic, his off the ball ability and sense for attacking spaces in the attacking phase is really top, and his dribbling is really quite good, as is his athleticism, don't think people really realise what an explosive athlete he is, which is why when he first debuted in the summer under Em*ry as a CM I started really drooling with De Bruyne comparisons.

What he needs work on is precisely what you say, and also with not hiding in the middle of the pitch when we are pressed and things are difficult, there if you are not offering a passing option to your teammates and dropping deep to help against the press if necessary, you are a huge liability, and that's his biggest issue as a CM now, as well as you say, more of a sense for tempo and the right pass. Definitely a top point about what you say about his eye for making shorter passes between lines and markers. If there's anyone to teach him this part of the game it's Arteta, someone who never hid in midfield and understood the importance of always offering up deep.

It's going to be interesting to see if we go for a player in CM or not. An attacker we obviously are. I guess it will depend on Vieira's development and ESR's recovery. It's true that looking at weaknesses in our squad and what we can improve to push up a level, is a top class press resistant technician in midfield who drops deep when necessary to break the press and bring clarity to our play. That Lovro Majer guy who people are calling the next Modric looks really interesting to me for this reason. But he would block the pathway not just for ESR but for Patino, Nwaneri, and Lewis-Skelly.

I guess it will depend on how ESR develops, fitness also, in the new year, and how good Vieira looks as we see him more and more in that position. If he's looking like he can play that Bernardo Silva role with aplomb already in the new year then we can bypass that type of signing. If he and ESR look like they still a longer phase of development, as Bernardo needed for that position, then we are probably going to either have to choose between a CM and attacker signing, or accept that one of those two, probably ESR, doesn't have a future here if we sign both players for those positions. Looking at City gives a good idea, they have De Bruyne, Foden, Grealish, Álvarez, Mahrez, Bernardo, and Gündogan for those four positions. The 8th is Cole Palmer. You can't really have 8 options for four positions and hope they all get real minutes, especially when all of them are younger players minus Xhaka. That 8th needs to be a really young player who doesn't expect minutes because he's in his early first team adaptation phase. Like Marquinhos this season. But if we signed an attacking midfielder and an attacker it would be 2 + Saka, Martinelli, Xhaka, Ødegaard, ESR, and Vieira = 8... which = Overbooking.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Eating like a depressed man, who knows Martinelli has taken his place...shame.

Still need him back in the squad soon though!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All you couch nutritionists, don’t worry about what he eats. He runs that stuff off.

We need him back as soon as possible. He’d make a big difference in our title challenge.

I really dgaf what he does at this club tbh, I just find it funny and will continue to laugh until further notice.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Eating like a depressed man, who knows Martinelli has taken his place...shame.

Still need him back in the squad soon though!
LW was never his place other than some rotational thing when needed. He lost his place due to a lack of progress.

Watching these videos, just tells me he is having fun here and will be finished before he is 25.

I'm done with this thread, he is dead to me

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
FgVj44NXgAADJ4x

Got more chins than PL appearances

Latest posts+

Top Bottom