• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, you read it as you want. I'm not saying he is an exceptional talent like Mbappe or even Musiala. I'm saying he is exceptional talent who has the talent to be a clear starter for Arsenal and has been hindered in his development by injuries. To be a clear starter for Arsenal means you're exceptional talent, but again it depends how anyone defines the terms.

I see ESR as much smarter and mature player who has more potential for end product than Iwobi. Also his shooting is better. Not as technical in dribbling, but better in other areas like combination play.

You can't say Villa bid 40 million and then later when proven wrong say you assume that's what they were willing to go up to. They started at 25 million so surely that gives a hint if they would go up to 40 million, when their second bid was 30 million. You also said he isn't worth 40 million, but are saying Villa bid that, when they didn't even close. Also why would they be willing to go up to 40 million like you assume if you think he is not worth it?

Anyway I will one last time emphasize how stupid it would be to sell your own youth after 6 months of good performances, when you can get similar amount of money after a couple of years even if they don't fulfill their potential, similar to Iwobi. I even thought we should sell Iwobi for 30 million, because his talent wasn't that great because of his mental maturity as a player, and end-product.

To be a clear starter in this current Arsenal team who are 16th in the table you have to be an exceptional talent? 😭😭

That’s straight waffle. They made an opening bid of 25m which was rejected, they then went up to 30m but do you think they would have stopped there had we been open to negotiating for him? A negotiation is between two parties and we weren’t willing to entertain any offers from them. We completely shut down their idea of trying to sign him up as the club didn’t even think of selling him. Look at the difference from when we sold Iwobi, we got 40m for him as the club were willing to negotiate in letting him go but I remember Everton had a 30m bid rejected for him with their opening offer. Also, he isn’t worth 40m and neither is Iwobi.

You also mentioned that we can get a similar amount if he doesn’t fulfill his potential but it’s different when comparing Iwobi and ESR. Iwobi didn’t always break down and wasn’t injury prone, some teams might be put off paying a significant fee if he doesn’t prove his fitness.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If Arsenal were a top four/six team I don’t think ESR would make the first eleven (as an attacking player).

He’s definitely benefitting from our fall-off.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If Arsenal were a top four/six team I don’t think ESR would make the first eleven (as an attacking player).

All the top four clubs have players in that role who are much better than ESR and it’s probably one of the reasons why we’re in our current state (the management is a huge factor too, of course). Put ESR in that Utd team and he’d get limited opportunities because Bruno Fernandes is there and so clear.

The club were trying to go for James Maddison as they knew despite being overpriced, he’d be an upgrade on what we have.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

To be a clear starter in this current Arsenal team who are 16th in the table you have to be an exceptional talent? 😭😭

That’s straight waffle. They made an opening bid of 25m which was rejected, they then went up to 30m but do you think they would have stopped there had we been open to negotiating for him? A negotiation is between two parties and we weren’t willing to entertain any offers from them. We completely shut down their idea of trying to sign him up as the club didn’t even think of selling him. Look at the difference from when we sold Iwobi, we got 40m for him as the club were willing to negotiate in letting him go but I remember Everton had a 30m bid rejected for him with their opening offer. Also, he isn’t worth 40m and neither is Iwobi.

You also mentioned that we can get a similar amount if he doesn’t fulfill his potential but it’s different when comparing Iwobi and ESR. Iwobi didn’t always break down and wasn’t injury prone, some teams might be put off paying a significant fee if he doesn’t prove his fitness.
If you could read and understand, I said he has the potential to be a clear starter at Arsenal, which is one of the biggest clubs in the world. That to me is an exceptional talent.

Again, you say ESR is not worth 40 million, but you're sure Villa would bid that, when they actually bid 25 -> 30, which means either that was the maximum or they would go maybe 35 max. Your 40 million makes no sense at all, when you don't even think ESR is worth it.

And where are you getting your numbers? Transfermarkt says we got 30.5 million euros for Iwobi, and you're saying we got 40 million pounds for him?

I have read also that ESR's injury problems were related to growth issues, which mean some certain areas of the legs and crotch can be an issue for a while. Also he had an arm injury. He shouldn't be injury prone anymore.

Villa thought ESR was worth 30 million pounds with half a year at EPL level, to replace Grealish in time. How many players with such experience get bid 30 million pounds?

You don't rate ESR, and that's fine, others do, but it doesn't mean they automatically overrate him.

He is a young player with tons of potential and a level head, proper Hale End lad. Now he has contract until 2026, and we can get 30 million for him even in 2024.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He changed the game when he came on against Norwich. Our movement in the final 3rd improved with him there.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
When Grealish was 20 he got 800 minutes in the PL and a single assist. I'd say the point still stands to be fair
I wasn't trying to bash ESR, I'm a big fan of his. But it's not like Grealish wasn't highly thought of at that age either.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I wasn't trying to bash ESR, I'm a big fan of his. But it's not like Grealish wasn't highly thought of at that age either.

I think a bit of healthy discussion around his quality is a good thing for the record. My particular angle on this is how easy it is to forget how young him and Saka are. They are both far from the finished article but compared to how other top players were doing at their age they compare pretty well.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

This is a puzzling statement. We fell out of the top 4/5 with world class players that had previously got us top 4. Hate to have to say it, but we had Özil in his position when this happened.

If you're saying he wouldn't get a game in the days when we were coasting to 4th, then I agree, but many others probably wouldn't get in either.

We are where we are, and he's in the side and plays his position as adequately and and reliably as anyone else does in their respective positions. You think he's somewhat of a weak link in this side when he plays...?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What are you guys smoking ?
ESR and Sambi have been bright lights from our piss poor start.

ESR looks incredible and on his path to become one of the best in his position.
there has been no bright lights in our season so far. We are 16th with -8 in goal difference for god sake

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

When Grealish was 20 he got 800 minutes in the PL and a single assist. I'd say the point still stands to be fair
Yes he played for a villa team that finished 17th and had -26 in goal difference that season. 3 games to go they were in relegation place and won 2 out of 3 that season. As bad as we are we are not there yet. ESR is decent young player. But he wouldnt get games for a really good team. Thats obvious

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yes he played for a villa team that finished 17th and had -26 in goal difference that season. 3 games to go they were in relegation place and won 2 out of 3 that season.
So what? He was part of that team. We've scored one goal in 4 matches but people are going to judge ESR's stats off that as well.

No one is saying that he would start for City. The point is that if you give him time he will improve and Arsenal will improve with him. We can't attract prime Grealish at the moment so we need to develop players with similar potential. I'm not advocating a whole team of 20 year olds, but we have a couple of really good ones who are worth backing even if they are not the finished article yet.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Yes he played for a villa team that finished 17th and had -26 in goal difference that season. 3 games to go they were in relegation place and won 2 out of 3 that season. As bad as we are we are not there yet. ESR is decent young player. But he wouldnt get games for a really good team. Thats obvious
Last season we was headed in that direction before ESR came in. Just saying.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If you could read and understand, I said he has the potential to be a clear starter at Arsenal, which is one of the biggest clubs in the world. That to me is an exceptional talent.

Again, you say ESR is not worth 40 million, but you're sure Villa would bid that, when they actually bid 25 -> 30, which means either that was the maximum or they would go maybe 35 max. Your 40 million makes no sense at all, when you don't even think ESR is worth it.

And where are you getting your numbers? Transfermarkt says we got 30.5 million euros for Iwobi, and you're saying we got 40 million pounds for him?.

Villa thought ESR was worth 30 million pounds with half a year at EPL level, to replace Grealish in time. How many players with such experience get bid 30 million pounds?

You don't rate ESR, and that's fine, others do, but it doesn't mean they automatically overrate him.

He is a young player with tons of potential and a level head, proper Hale End lad. Now he has contract until 2026, and we can get 30 million for him even in 2024.

Like I’ve said on multiple occasions in the past, easily the worst poster on A-M. It’s HairSpray-esque posting which is similar to speaking to a brick wall ffs.

- Firstly, with the Iwobi deal there were many different sources that were quoting different figures which it could rise to with add ons. Check Ornstein’s tweet below:

- My second point is you don’t have to be an exceptional talent in his position to be a clear starter in this current Arsenal team who are 16th. You do for Chelsea, Utd, City etc but not for us in our current state.

- We didn’t entertain any of their offers, so why would they increase it to their maximum bid? It just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever plus they still had funds available at that time from the potential Grealish sale, it’s not like they couldn’t afford him. If the other party is willing to negotiate then a deal could have been struck with add ons similar to the Iwobi deal as Everton made an opening offer of 30m for him.

- Arsenal thought Xhaka, Mustafi, Willian etc were going to be top players. What does that mean? That whole Villa thought stuff is absolutely ridiculous. Everton thought Iwobi was going to be a top player that’s why they splashed out on him but you don’t rate him, so how does that work? Leeds splashed out on James and you don’t rate him…

- I’ve repeated many times already that I hope ESR does well as I was one of the guys advocating that we bring him in to the starting eleven last season when Arteta was constantly giving Willian a chance but I’m not blind and I’m a realist. I know people get attached to the Hale End lads but so far I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s good enough to take us to the next level and he can be easily replaceable if we have the right management in charge.

People are just getting salty and crying because I’m saying what I think (it’s my opinion) and I don’t think ESR is as good as some are making him out to be. Exceptional talent? Key player? Worth 30-40m? Not for me, chief and that’s my last post on this as this is just going around in circles.

Top Bottom