• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
You just have to hope we can get fees for guys like Eddie, Nelson and potentially Balogun down the line. The good work by the academy is undone if these guys leave for a free.
Nketiah looks like he's off for free now? Just when his Arsenal performances have switched up a gear as well. We don't know the full story but both of those situations (ie. Nelson too) are less than ideal. I think we've seen enough to suggest that they are probably not going to make it here. At that point you want the best for the player and the club. It's a shame it we don't get good fees though.

Balogun has been ripping it up again for U23's but looked out of his depth in the first team. Needs a Championship loan asap to prove his level

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nketiah looks like he's off for free now? Just when his Arsenal performances have switched up a gear as well. We don't know the full story but both of those situations (ie. Nelson too) are less than ideal. I think we've seen enough to suggest that they are probably not going to make it here. At that point you want the best for the player and the club. It's a shame it we don't get good fees though.

Balogun has been ripping it up again for U23's but looked out of his depth in the first team. Needs a Championship loan asap to prove his level

Yeah, I hope we just don't find ourselves in these sorts of positions again. Chelsea, and to a lesser extent Liverpool, seem the best at making a load of money from their academy. Hopefully we can improve in that aspect.

Jakarta

Happy Fun GIF by reactionseditor

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Weeeeee've got Smithhhh Roweee, Emile Smith Rowe, I just don't think you understand, he's better than Zidane he's Unai Emery's man, we've got Emile Smith Roweeeee

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
International goal now, to add to his Community Shield medal he won last year.

21 years old, and he's already conquered football... outstanding!

Kav

Established Member
Agree that our academy is a massive success, but it's been like that for a long time, and Wenger really missed on some high profile talents in his final years, most notable Gnabry, Malen, and Bennacer from the u23 team, probably worth mentioning that we lost Musah as well.

Academy will do its job, it's just a question of how much interest is within the first team to make use of it
Indeed the work in the academy did not just start 2 or 3 years ago or even 5-8 years ago. The academy takes pupils in as young as 7 and so some of these lads have been taught and developed by our academy for over 8 years. The work started a long time ago. It’s one of the things the club has gotten right over the years.

Unfortunately it isn’t only until recently the need exist to rely on youth players. Whereas before only a few exceptional players could make it through (Fabregas, Wilshere, Gnabry) into the first team. Our level of players at first team is now lower than before so the transition for some of these youngsters is easier than it was back then. The club now also has a youth centric recruitment policy so it helps to look internally as well.

As for the current crop of youngsters I actually think we are pushing out some good young players. Where or how their career goes is a big mystery but I guess that’s a part of the process watching them grow.

Top Bottom