• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

Manberg

Predator
I'm not pleased with the idea of him going out on loan. I really think he should be involved in the first team, he's ready. Besides, rotation is going to be necessary this season. We're going to get injuries.

FinnGooner

Established Member
This would be a good loan for for him in a situation where our midfield was sorted out for the upcoming season but until then, keep ESR in the squad. If by the end of the transfer window we've have brought in the necessary reinforcements then we we can loan him out

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
If he was to go on loan Fulham would be good. With us being in four competitions he will get plenty of minutes here though, we have to really sure that they really intend to play him a lot.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He hasn't shown anything worthwhile to make an impact yet. Course Arteta isn't planning signings and formations for the season because of this kid.

If he's as good as some of you say, he'd get loads of minutes at Fulham, that'd be by far the best thing that could happen to him in the coming year. Heck, go ahead and send him there for two years, why not.

The boy is still quite raw so I'd send him out on a loan (where he gets more minutes than he could possibly get here).

We need to get back in the Champions League ASAP. Putting such pressure on young talent like him won't work out for both club and player.

If he's got so much potential, we'd rather not sign an Aouor who'd block his pathway. Instead, we should ideally get a Coutinho on loan or an Alcantara and let him learn on their wings and inherit their roles in a few years.

The two outgoings are talents that should be staying with us. AMN and ESR.

Why are we not selling our bum players? Sokratis, Guendouzi, Torreira, Lacazette, etc?

Pastore

What is he going to learn at Fulham? Let him hang out with Saka and company at Arsenal and be coached by Arteta. We don't have attacking midfielders as it is.

Kid is good. Coach him well and he'll be good enough for the first team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What is he going to learn at Fulham? Let him hang out with Saka and company at Arsenal and be coached by Arteta. We don't have attacking midfielders as it is.

Kid is good. Coach him well and he'll be good enough for the first team.
He needs to play IMO. Regular minutes will help him get better, not sitting on the bench. If we actually had a better squad, I'd advocate for all of ESR, Nelson, Nketiah and Willock to go on loans this season.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Rather want Willock and Nelson to go on loan. These two look no way near the first team quality. ESR after a few starts will definitely become a regular here

Pastore

He needs to play IMO. Regular minutes will help him get better, not sitting on the bench. If we actually had a better squad, I'd advocate for all of ESR, Nelson, Nketiah and Willock to go on loans this season.
If we had a better squad, I would send them all on loan as well but we don't. I think he's good enough to play plenty of minutes next season. He did well when he played under Emery.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Good for him to get a lot of games. Won't get enough playtime here probably.

Keplaz

Hindsight is 20:20. Who would have known Saka would blow up like he did last season? With youngsters, you don't know what the final push is that unlocks their potential.

Bellerin needed Debuchy to get injured. I watched a lot of championship games last season and that league is a brutal proving ground. ESR thrived at that level.

I think given a chance he will surprise a few doubters. Loaning him if he has a future here is pointless at this stage. When it comes to loans, I'm from the Arsène school of thought. Why loan out your brightest talents?

Hindsight is 20:20. Who would have known Saka would blow up like he did last season? With youngsters, you don't know what the final push is that unlocks their potential.

Bellerin needed Debuchy to get injured. I watched a lot of championship games last season and that league is a brutal proving ground. ESR thrived at that level.

I think given a chance he will surprise a few doubters. Loaning him if he has a future here is pointless at this stage. When it comes to loans, I'm from the Arsène school of thought. Why loan out your brightest talents?
Didn't he loan out Jack and Gnabry. **** school. Everyone has got their own path as you said in your first paragraph.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A PL loan would be superb, you can’t beat a young player getting minutes and learning on the job the rigours of the PL.

The same people on here who want him to stay will also be the first to bash him when he gets the odd game here and doesn’t light it up.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The same people on here who want him to stay will also be the first to bash him when he gets the odd game here and doesn’t light it up.
That's just not true with everyone I am patient with young players. For me it depends on our squad at the end of the transfer window. If Özil is gonna continue being sidelined and we dont sign a no.10 or creative 8 then there is actually a lot of space for ESR here. He will certainly be playing Europa League games and will get opportunities in the PL.

If we sign a couple mids and do what we need in the window then yeh he will get a better opportunity on loan to the right team.

Top Bottom