• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

Jellon Lamb

Just posted similar to this and I agree completely - Villa have likely had word from ESR's camp that he's intrested and given the green light to see if we accept.
This has legs. Feel like Arteta won't give ESR assurances over playing time next season (with links to new midfielders ) hence why there's been no contract signed.
I agree. It’s my understanding that Villa wouldn’t be bidding without the blessing of ESR & his agent. Do I think he signs a new contract with Arsenal? I do but this is not how I pictured the negotiations going.

These bids from Villa aren’t to troll us. They’re smart to test Arsenal’s resolve. I’m not sure who reached out…to who…first but it’s a sign that ESR’s agent isn’t happy with Arsenal’s offer. They wouldn’t give Villa the OK, if they were.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Maybe Villa are just trying to push themselves to the head of the line for the future, if they can convince Esr to hold off on signing this summer with promises of a 100k salary and next summer if hes unhappy theyll be able to convince him to move. Probably the same approach as Beundia, promise him hes first choice, will play every game, give him a massive wage increase and see what happens. If Arteta decides not to play him because hes not signing a new contract that is worth half what Villa are gonna give him he could get very p*ssed off.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I've said I don't think we'll sign him.
My entire point is if we bid 30m, and then felt we could come back of 35m, why is that? Surely if Arsenal had laughed us out of the building (figuratively speaking) like you are suggesting they would if we submitted a poverty bid, we wouldn't have come back with a bid of 35m

Yes it's an assumption that I think Villa must think they have a chance of signing him. Is that a less likely assumption that Villa are so stupid that we are just submitting utterly meaningless bids with no hope of every getting close to his valuation?

Where does this second bid coming from? The only credible source (BBC) reported a bid of 25m a week ago. Everything else is just speculation as far as I've seen nothing else.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
And sol camobell was Sp**s through adn through even their captain. Owen was Liverpool through and through and still played for United. You really think players think like fans. This is short career they have and tomorrow ESR could break his leg and we will withdraw any talks we had with him and act like we dont know him

I'm sure you'll see the difference if you try harder.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's weird. I don't remember saying that. I do remember saying the complete opposite of that and that it may have been due to his agent.

The post of yours I objected to was that we had bid for ESR for publicity and to "troll" arsenal. Which is ridiculous
Your club seems to have been mislead by agents as things stand. I'm very certain of it currently.

So either your club is run by idiots unlike you said, or they do this for other reasons in addition. I have stated here that there might be many reasons why Villa has made those bids, trolling and publicity being possible additional reasons. Not the only reasons.

But in any case, unless our club is run by total idiots, your offers are only insults that make bad blood in between our clubs.

Because Arsenal knows ESR's love for Arsenal, and they see their future with ESR being one of the British core.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Even if you go along with all this, you’ll say Villa are bidding and hoping we’ll accept, which we won’t.

There isn’t anything credible to suggest they’ve bid since that 25M bid anyway.

He’ll get a nice contract and extend.

drippin

I've said I don't think we'll sign him.
My entire point is if we bid 30m, and then felt we could come back of 35m, why is that? Surely if Arsenal had laughed us out of the building (figuratively speaking) like you are suggesting they would if we submitted a poverty bid, we wouldn't have come back with a bid of 35m

Yes it's an assumption that I think Villa must think they have a chance of signing him. Is that a less likely assumption that Villa are so stupid that we are just submitting utterly meaningless bids with no hope of every getting close to his valuation?
No one knows what has happened behind the scenes. One possibility is that Arsenal ignored the bid totally, or said get lost. Villa tries again for who knows why, and they get the same response for the low bids as they should.

Even Orstein says Arsenal has no interest in selling, and that Villa is "showing their ambition" with the new owners. This means publicity like I also said.

Arsenal have no interest in selling, but Villa keeps on going. Idiots. :lol:

drippin

Twitter links don't seem to work well here. I had to put this link from week ago in this another message because it doesn't show up otherwise.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Erm I guess I'm not really all that upset by Villa's bids (though I do understand that people are, cos they are taking a shot at one of our golden players).

Additionally whilst god knows I cannot stand Arteta (and by extension Edu) I can't really be mad at them yet, why?

Well, it looks like negotiations are happening wrt his contract and it wouldn't surprise me if ESR's camp are inviting the pressure from Villa whilst attempting to seek a more lucrative deal from us.

Sure I'm not happy about the idea that ESR could leave but for now nothing serious has occurred so for once I'm holding fire.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't want us to really be held to ransom by any player, but given what ESR has shown I wouldn't mind us giving him a good wage in a new deal as there's a good chance he'll pay it back and over as Saka has done.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Imagine Villa...

-oh! I won't bid for that player, if we do it we could upset their fans... How we could dare doing that!! Arsenal is the biggest team finishing mid table in all England!

They are doing what we should be doing, like Leicester started doing some years before. Just stop feeling superior and start working. What is the problem if they show ambition? The problem is we stopped to show that many years before.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Imagine Villa...

-oh! I won't bid for that player, if we do it we could upset their fans... How we could dare doing that!! Arsenal is the biggest team finishing mid table in all England!

They are doing what we should be doing, like Leicester started doing some years before. Just stop feeling superior and start working. What is the problem if they show ambition? The problem is we stopped to show that many years before.

When was the last time Leicester bid for a player from a team above them in the league?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Imagine Villa...

i think thats why this bid has triggered this reaction. Had we made a bid for grealish or maddison people wouldnt be so triggered. It was tough for people to accept top4 status after being invincible ... and now we are mid table, twiddling our thumb in the transfer market, not tying down our promising players and managed by a rookie and a clueless edu .. this anger that should be targeted at Kroenke is being diverted to ranting against villa and random chest beating

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Where does this second bid coming from? The only credible source (BBC) reported a bid of 25m a week ago. Everything else is just speculation as far as I've seen nothing else.
John Percy (Telegraph) reported that we are going to submit a second bid.

He is incredibly reliable.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Twitter links don't seem to work well here. I had to put this link from week ago in this another message because it doesn't show up otherwise.

“Villa’s pursuit underlines their ambition” is very different to your suggestion that we’re only doing it look ambitious for publicity. You’re talking absolute ****e mate

lomekian

Essays are my thing
John Percy of the Telegraph.
Meh....T'graph can do one. Not quite the Daily Mail, but still mostly populated by people I wouldn't trust to write their own names. For the thinking man's fascist. Not a notable journo. May have some contacts at the Villa end, but absolutely none in London.

Top Bottom