• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

Rattata

Selling ESR would fit in well with releasing 50 employees during a pandemic and the Gunnersaurus debacle. Kid has been the best player since he came into the team. He's been at the club since he was nine. Under Wenger there would be zero chance of this happening, but these days I'm not so sure.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Meh....T'graph can do one. Not quite the Daily Mail, but still mostly populated by people I wouldn't trust to write their own names. For the thinking man's fascist. Not a notable journo. May have some contacts at the Villa end, but absolutely none in London.
I despise the Telegraph.

However John Percy is the most reliable Villa journalist around. He doesn't report on stuff if there's nothing in it

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Selling ESR would fit in well with releasing 50 employees during a pandemic and the Gunnersaurus debacle. Kid has been the best player since he came into the team. He's been at the club since he was nine. Under Wenger there would be zero chance of this happening, but these days I'm not so sure.
But Özil was the bad in the movie they said

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we sell Emile it'll be a sad day, but it'd be the first player we've made a profit on for some years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we sell Emile it'll be a sad day, but it'd be the first player we've made a profit on for some years.

Aside from his last season in charge Arsène was pretty poor at getting fee's for players. One of the issues was he would rather let contracts run down than sell with say 2 years left. Not sure why, maybe a stubborn thing. That in itself takes a long, long time to sort out.

We also sold Iwobi in 18/19, not so long ago.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
i see a pattern - iwobi, emi, willock ... we sell the young saleable assets nowadays ... theres not much left.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Aside from his last season in charge Arsène was pretty poor at getting fee's for players. One of the issues was he would rather let contracts run down than sell with say 2 years left. Not sure why, maybe a stubborn thing. That in itself takes a long, long time to sort out.

We also sold Iwobi in 18/19, not so long ago.
:fibs:

kash2

Maybe because the last regime put so many bums on massive contracts they're impossible to shift? You ever thought about it like that?
Propagandaspray gaslighting like crazy...spewing posts all over the place... blaming everyone but the people in charge now. Typical idiocy to blame Emi being more saleable than Leno on previous regime. Total Gaslighting.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Propagandaspray gaslighting like crazy...spewing posts all over the place... blaming everyone but the people in charge now. Typical idiocy to blame Emi being more saleable than Leno on previous regime. Total Gaslighting.

Can you please just reply properly for once? Is that too much to ask. When you have guys like Mustafi, Kolasinac, Özil, Bellerin, Xhaka, Lacazette etc etc on such stupidly high wages they will be almost impossible to shift for good fees later down the line. Most of the players we shifted or are trying to shift are from previous regimes, hence why the youngsters are much easier to sell for top dollar.

@Makingtrax Alexis, Ramsey, RVP etc. These guys could've given the club around £150M to rebuild if sold at the correct times, in the end we got £21M for the 3.

kash2

Can you please just reply properly for once? Is that too much to ask. When you have guys like Mustafi, Kolasinac, Özil, Bellerin, Xhaka, Lacazette etc etc on such stupidly high wages they will be almost impossible to shift for good fees later down the line. Most of the players we shifted or are trying to shift are from previous regimes, hence why the youngsters are much easier to sell for top dollar.

@Makingtrax Alexis, Ramsey, RVP etc. These guys could've given the club around £150M to rebuild if sold at the correct times, in the end we got £21M for the 3.
Gaslighting again .. and shifting the goalposts as usual. PRopagandaSpray at its finest.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
My implication being there may be something in it from villa's side, but not from anywhere slse
But like I've said, everyone knows these days that transfers aren't just blind bids by teams. Teams will have sounded out clubs/players/agents etc
So I doubt it would be a case of something from Villa's side and nothing from Arsenal. I guess it's possible though

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think one of the major issues over the past decade or so when it comes to recouping decent transfer fees for players has been how awful we've been at contract management.

We've pretty frequently ended up in a situation where key players have reached the point of running down their contracts to a year left or less, and then we wonder why we're not getting decent fees for them. It's been shambolic at times.

All that said, I'm not in the slightest worried about ESR's situation. It's posturing and exploiting the Villa interest in him from his camp. I can't blame them either. I've no doubt ESR will sign a new long term contract with us in the not too distant future though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom