• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
He normally drifts left doesn't he?
His role has been tweaked in preseason to try cover the fb going forward to allow Pepe to get inside. I think it's a system to cover Pepe.
What I will say about ESR is he looked better before Arteta got to him. When he first broke in, he was playing in combinations through the middle, linking in triangles, like Wengerball.

it didn’t take long for all this to go, now, even though he’s a CAM, you usually find him in the RW/RB position.
Don't see this at all, he was involved high up the pitch in one touch combinations all season.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
His role has been tweaked in preseason to try cover the fb going forward to allow Pepe to get inside. I think it's a system to cover Pepe.

Don't see this at all, he was involved high up the pitch in one touch combinations all season.
Interesting, I've not seen any of the pre-season games.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

ESR isn’t the reason we improved, he’s part of the reason, along with the change in system, Ødegaard, Partey coming back.

I don’t think fans are expecting too much when they say they want him to offer more threat. He’s capable, but plays too safe, reckon it’s a mentality thing. Hopefully he goes on a mini run of scoring in a few games and develops a hunger.

I mean at the end of December and the beginning of January his introduction saw a dramatic improvement of form and results. We were heading toward a relegation battle before then. He offered something which we didn't have.

One thing you cannot accuse ESR of doing is playing safe,only central player willing to make those runs beyond our forward line, take the ball in the half spaces turn and do something.

Our lack of chance creation is a systematic issue which will not be improved by ESR alone and placing all the expectations on him to become Lampard is too much for me. If we were creating loads of chance and he was missing several every game I could understand the clamouring for improved goal scoring on his part.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I mean at the end of December and the beginning of January his introduction saw a dramatic improvement of form and results. We were heading toward a relegation battle before then. He offered something which we didn't have.

One thing you cannot accuse ESR of doing is playing safe,only central player willing to make those runs beyond our forward line, take the ball in the half spaces turn and do something.

Our lack of chance creation is a systematic issue which will not be improved by ESR alone and placing all the expectations on him to become Lampard is too much for me. If we were creating loads of chance and he was missing several every game I could understand the clamouring for improved goal scoring on his part.
I meant more safe in terms of his passing. Like you said, his off the ball movement and driving runs are great, but to often there is a lack of end product, hopefully that’ll come with experience.

In terms of his passing, it annoys me when he receives the ball and plays it straight back with one touch, it happens too often. Like you said, we want him to turn and drive forward.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's kind of a disgrace, that our season really boils down to if Saka and Smith-Rowe can carry the team...you have a 20 year old, in only his second full season as a starter...and a 21 year old, in his first full season as a starter...and they are already our 2 best players in attack really.

Watched a recent interview with Wilshere, talking about his debut season in 2010/2011...he said that even though he obviously felt pressure and had a very good year, he knew that the team didn't completely depend on him being a 9/10 every week, as they had plenty of quality players in the side that you knew would carry the load we wouldn't be relying on a young Jack.

Look at Lokonga now, it's the same with the midfield...he's not that old, and in his first season in the country/league, but we really need him to be good, and quickly ffs...as out of the 3 main centre mids we have this season, only 1 is of the quality we would want, but we can't even really trust him, due to him seemingly always being injured :lol:

Even take the 2 main players from 2010/2011, Fabregas and Van Persie, look at the team they came into in 2004/2005, that's how it should be for young/new players, contributing, but not the stars.

The senior players, Arteta, Edu and the ****ing Kroenkes should hang their heads in shame, it's not right to be so reliant on 2 youngsters...Bukayo and Emile having 7 and 10 is great in the sense that they deserve it and it's very marketable for the club, but hope the fans remember they still young, ups and downs will very likely happen...any anger should be directed at those in bold.

Certain people have to really stand up this season.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Big ESR fan, he's long been a bright spot in our future. Hope this is the season he kicks on, the signs are good.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
That turn and touch on the way to his shot was 🔥
Thank goodness we signed his extension before season started.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He very elegant player but we can't over depend on him he need help around him Ødegaard gonna ease the pressure

GDeep™

League is very weak
Him and Sambi were our best players. I don’t know how we line up when we get Ode - don’t want ESR pushed out.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
His odd individual moments of quality aside he just goes missing a lot of the time and had a hard time creating meaningful linkups with anyone not called Saka.

#10 way too big for him atm

Don't think he is a talisman. He will be better under a more experienced manager though. Once we get other creative players, ESR and Saka will go to another level. Plus the other players are not quick thinkers and their touches are suspect. Just like when Özil and Alexis will only pass to Iwobi cause they could trust his touch.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was our best player, tried all he could to get us something from the game, Saka and Ødegaard returning will help him.

Still not happy with how important Bukayo and Emile are to are attack, too much pressure to put on young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom