• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He played on the wing for Huddersfield a few times, but at that level he was much more needed centrally. I could see us playing him together with Ødegaard with Partey behind in a 4-3-3, at least at home.

Kwaku

Ideally him and Ødegaard would be twin 8s and we kinda saw it with Partey behind them against Villareal, but I hated it. Partey was just floundering and there was too much for him to do.

We only did it once though.

I remember that game and he wasn't at his best but theres enough evidence from his time at Madrid showing that he can play well in a more reserve role.

Smith-Rowe is more Nasri than Hleb.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ideally him and Ødegaard would be twin 8s and we kinda saw it with Partey behind them against Villareal, but I hated it. Partey was just floundering and there was too much for him to do.

You know how things work already, there could've been 5 other things not working well on that night. It's like saying our forwards are crap because we've scored 0 goals in two games, but the reality is something different.
We would need to see it for a period of time, and we also need to sort out other areas for everything to work together. It can't be any worse than what it is already :lol:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He's not like Hleb either, doesn't have the dribbling skills for the wing and his pace is average. He should be in the center, but not as a 10

ESR is a good athlete. He is decently agile, quick and has a good motor. His dribbling and link up play are his best attributes so far. He has never shown superb vision or passing even in the academy. I believe he has potential as a goal-scorer, but it will take some time till it all clicks for him. Don't think he is ever going to be the main playmaker like many here envision.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
ESR is a good athlete. He is decently agile, quick and has a good motor. His dribbling and link up play are his best attributes so far. He has never shown superb vision or passing even in the academy. I believe he has potential as a goal-scorer, but it will take some time till it all clicks for him. Don't think he is ever going to be the main playmaker like many here envision.
I'm all good with him developing at his own pace, but most of the people here saying drop Pepe and play ESR, that's absurd I'm afraid. He needs to refine a part of his game, whatever that will be so some manager can find a place for him. Atm it's difficult to place him anywhere, even though he is still a good player

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I'm all good with him developing at his own pace, but most of the people here saying drop Pepe and play ESR, that's absurd I'm afraid. He needs to refine a part of his game, whatever that will be so some manager can find a place for him. Atm it's difficult to place him anywhere, even though he is still a good player

He def shouldn't be starting game in and game out. ESR will be a good squad player to have at this point in his development. I think people are so obsessed with young players getting game time. Not everyone is Halaand, Mbappe, Rooney, Fabregas and Messi. All these guys are generational talents. ESR and Saka are not on that level. I don't really rate Pepe though. He is clearly talented, but not the most intelligent or technical player. I had the same issues with Ramsey. Talented, but not fundamentally sound.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Perfect as an 8 in a midfield diamond. Loves being central and comfortable in wide spaces. Could say the same for Saka.

A better manager would not have him filling holes ar rb.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli

Yeah, I was hyped for that that exact midfield 3 and then we dropped one of our worst performances of the season with it :lol:

On paper it's so good but that game was demoralizing, my hope is that it was more the case of either the players not being ready for the role or Arteta just trying **** for the sake of it without proper preparation (not unlikely as he played ESR false 9 on the first fixture ffs)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah, I was hyped for that that exact midfield 3 and then we dropped one of our worst performances of the season with it :lol:

On paper it's so good but that game was demoralizing, my hope is that it was more the case of either the players not being ready for the role or Arteta just trying **** for the sake of it without proper preparation (not unlikely as he played ESR false 9 on the first fixture ffs)
We’ve only done it once and we know how Emery would go out of his way to stifle select players.

No reason it couldn’t work if we did it regularly outside of semi finals.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

That formation was awful though, he was just trying to copy Pep without the players. Even City struggle to play like that without Fernandinho, Rodri can't do it as well. Partey is not that guy for that role.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
The forum was very quiet when that happened :lol: :lol:

Certain man would have written paragraphs had Pepe or one of the older lot did that. Jokes forum even funnier fanbase.
Pepe does this week in week out. That's why we write books over Pepe's bad plays

Gunner-Union

I see some of Merson In him tbh ( not as good) the way he starts on the left and cuts in and runs with speed and also power and directness just needs Mersons shot. Also some similarities to Grealish who has only really kicked on last 2-3 season

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Been thinking we should have actually sold him tbh, 45-50 mil would’ve been worth it if Villa were looking to up the ante.

Could swear Emile was one of your boys.

Or are you just annoyed that he kinda saved Arteta's job last season? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom