• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Don’t you lot ever get sick of the medicore back up players and loans? All we ever do is bring in sh*t players anyway. You’re not gonna find a good cheap number 10 anywhere.
I want him to be main man, but I think going into this season with just ESR would be mistake, I’m not quite sure how you could see it any other way.

Saying you’d rather have no one (like the first half of last season) than cover, yeah I don’t understand that one, but hey that’s you.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I want him to be main man, but I think going into this season with just ESR would be mistake, I’m not quite sure how you could see it any other way.

Saying you’d rather have no one (like the first half of last season) than cover, yeah I don’t understand that one, but hey that’s you.
I'm not too bothered about the No10 position tbh. Saka is good enough to play there when required.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I like him but not sure he'll ever be creative enough to be our number 10. See him more of a Rosicky than a Fabregas who'll have that end product.
I personally prefer him on the left with more of a controller in the 10 similar to how Wenger always played a playmaker on one wing opposite a more direct winger.
So you think our most creative player should wear the number 4?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I like him but not sure he'll ever be creative enough to be our number 10. See him more of a Rosicky than a Fabregas who'll have that end product.
I personally prefer him on the left with more of a controller in the 10 similar to how Wenger always played a playmaker on one wing opposite a more direct winger.
Exactly what I’ve been saying. I think he could be phenomenal as a left winger.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Problem.in our team is our senior players think they are Messi and Ronaldo.

The keys should be handed to Smith Rowe and Saka. Our players need to look for them all opportunities...they will make things happen.

A
On a side note, Auba and Laca should never be taking free kicks...neither Partey.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

The keys should be handed to Smith Rowe and Saka. Our players need to look for them all opportunities...they will make things happen.

A
On a side note, Auba and Laca should never be taking free kicks...neither Partey.
Laca and Pepe are decent at free kicks tbf. They've both scored a few.

GoonerJay24

The best thing to do is bringing in an experienced AM with good character to deputise for ESR on occasion. Somebody like Forsberg from Leipzig matches this criteria well.

Wenger did a similar thing whilst Ramsey was developing with Rosicky often coming into the team.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I think we should make him the main man too, at least for this season, to see how he copes...we have less games this season anyway, so we can keep an eye on his fitness much easier.

I still don't think we can afford a top CM and a top AM, on top of White (and a decent back up goalie) think CM is much more important, imo...think it could really be the making of ESR, if we showed that much faith.

The club really shouldn't be spending 50 mil on a CB that is not even guaranteed to turn out to be class when it's clear this team needs a CM and AM.

I don't think ESR has shown enough end product to just get that role and responsibility. Plus he needs to prove he can be healthy for a whole season, first.

The team really needs another CM with good retention, ability to turn away from pressure, good decision-making and quality distribution. Also needs a sort of 12/13 Cazorla-lite AM that can contribute with at least 8 goals and 8 assists, while still creating loads of chances.

That's why I thought Buendia would be a good option. I think ESR should be used more as a squad option for now. He clearly has the talent and intelligence to play here, but still has some areas he needs to work on. I think he will be one of those players that is more like a complementary piece than a star, someone like Rosicky, Hleb.

CountChocula

A
Partey hit the crossbar vs. Hibernian from a freekick to be fair. Must've been practicing after hitting balls into Row Z last season 🤣

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The club really shouldn't be spending 50 mil on a CB that is not even guaranteed to turn out to be class when it's clear this team needs a CM and AM.

I don't think ESR has shown enough end product to just get that role and responsibility. Plus he needs to prove he can be healthy for a whole season, first.

The team really needs another CM with good retention, ability to turn away from pressure, good decision-making and quality distribution. Also needs a sort of 12/13 Cazorla-lite AM that can contribute with at least 8 goals and 8 assists, while still creating loads of chances.

That's why I thought Buendia would be a good option. I think ESR should be used more as a squad option for now. He clearly has the talent and intelligence to play here, but still has some areas he needs to work on. I think he will be one of those players that is more like a complementary piece than a star, someone like Rosicky, Hleb.
The team needs improvement over 5 positions which is impossible in a single window. Playing from the back requires ball playing CB's and that's why investment there makes sense and there is definitely more needed on RB as none of the options we have is good enough for this level.
Yes, we could definitely improve on ESR, but surely it wasn't as important as fixing issues at the back where we struggled big time to build our game.

Pyres7

Partey hit the crossbar vs. Hibernian from a freekick to be fair. Must've been practicing after hitting balls into Row Z last season 🤣
He had an moment of inspiration - aim for row Z!

the hangover GIF

Big Nate

David Luiz has left and a ready-made replacement was needed

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
David Luiz has left and a ready-made replacement was needed
I still don't think you spend that kind of money on a CB unless he is already world class and guaranteed to transform the team. The team already spent nearly 30 mil on a teenage defender that has not played a single minute of football in any meaningful games. The team really needs to focus on getting a starting quality RB, CM, AM and probably another forward before focusing on spending 50 mil on another defender. The teams defensive record was very solid last season. Although that could be attributed to the very conservative style Arteta utilizes. Barely creating any chances or taking major risks.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Don't want to knock The Smith, but Kaka was freakishly fast as well and amazing at finishing. I'd agree that there are some similarities though.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

His style of play is not dissimilar to that of Kaka. Obviously, Kaka is on another universe. If he can become a quarter of the player Kaka was, then we have a player on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom