• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Closet player ESR reminds me off, is Rosicky...his dribbling especially, isn't really comparable to Kaka.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

AC Milan Kaka is one of my favourite all time players, I’ve never looked at ESR and even thought of him. Not even gait or running style.

Kaka was long limbed, had a special one off blend of pace, power and technique.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
With some players you can see the cogs turning and if things aren’t happening for them they turn away and pass sideways or back.

What I like about ESR is as soon as he gets the ball his first instinct is set off and run at pace looking for gaps. That’s what catches out other teams. He creates opportunities himself.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You guys are wasting your time comparing ESR to the players of the past anyways, he doesn’t play like any of them he plays like an academy product.

Receive the ball on a half turn, one touch, two touch, run into space. Rinse repeat. This is his whole entire game.

Very sterile and tidy but no “je ne sais quoi” like even Dortmund Rosicky in his pomp let alone Kaka. Maybe with age and seniority he will up the spontaneity and extra stuff but as of now nope.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we do not sign an attacking midfielder, we'll be putting a lot of eggs in the ESR basket....unless we are considering a 4-3-3.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You guys are wasting your time comparing ESR to the players of the past anyways, he doesn’t play like any of them he plays like an academy product.

Receive the ball on a half turn, one touch, two touch, run into space. Rinse repeat. This is his whole entire game.

Very sterile and tidy but no “je ne sais quoi” like even Rosicky in his pomp let alone Kaka. Maybe with age and seniority he will up the spontaneity and extra stuff but as of now nope.

Tired of you playing down our quality players, in order to protect your hero in Arteta...

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Tired of you playing down our quality players, in order to protect your hero in Arteta...
Troll post, but I’m not playing down anybody there’s value and skill in doing the basics in football 9.5 times out of 10 which is ESR’s strength (and Saka but he’s on a different level for me personally).

However this doesn’t make you Kaka, that guy walked with God and could run on water.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Kaka's a very big name to compare ESR too, tbh physically Joe Willock has more in common with kaka but like 5% of the guile.

I feel everyone who's playing down ESR pretty thoughtlessly parrot 'he's got improving to do, he's more of a Rosicky type anyway' as if it's a Trump talking point. It seems to me his short game is pretty much top tier anyway, few in the prem can do what he does now at 21 so if you think he will improve my question is where? If he's to improve surely it's in terms of widening the scope of his game, penetrating runs, passes. ESR's frame is bigger than the people he's being compared to and he has more pace than many of them too. To me ESR should look to Thomas Muller for inspiration, he should try to add the run making beyond the striker and in the box to his game to score goals as he has the body to sustain that style. Sure right now ESR doesn't give us what we need to compete at the top but neither does Maddison and Ødegaard definitely doesn't.

People are too attached to stereotypical images of the 10 and they shouldn't be as the top class ones come in many shapes and sizes, there are very few operating at the very highest level as in my view modern football has not yet come to terms with 4-2-3-1 and hasn't settled on what that player should look like. Tbh I stopped taking pure no. 10's and 4-2-3-1 as seriously until Bayern came on the scene and blasted away the competition.

I can't find it now but there was a debate involving Gary Neville on the role of the attacking midfielder back when Cazorla, Mata and Silva were operating as 10's for their respective clubs and he felt the players were getting away with not scoring enough (it's not just about scoring goals either it's about doing more than just sitting in the hole and popping the ball out), say what you want about the bloke but I think he was half right and the debate was yet another product of confusion over exactly what responsibilities the 10 should have.

samspade

AC Milan Kaka is one of my favourite all time players, I’ve never looked at ESR and even thought of him. Not even gait or running style.

Kaka was long limbed, had a special one off blend of pace, power and technique.
I find the way you play down his ability to play one touch a bit disturbing at times. I agree he's no Kaka but I don't see ESR's running around all over the place and there are few prats who could do with just letting go of the bloody ball, including Ødegaard. If all he is is another academy player who just wants to play 1 touch all the time at least admit he must be a hell of a lot better at it than most are. I'm not trying to be inflammatory here but have you ever actually tried playing 1 touch?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I find the way you play down his ability to play one touch a bit disturbing at times. I agree he's no Kaka but I don't see ESR's running around all over the place and there are few prats who could do with just letting go of the bloody ball, including Ødegaard. If all he is is another academy player who just wants to play 1 touch all the time at least admit he must be a hell of a lot better at it than most are. I'm not trying to be inflammatory here but have you ever actually tried playing 1 touch?
Please refer to the below before enquiring about my one touch capabilities.

I’m not playing down anybody there’s value and skill in doing the basics in football 9.5 times out of 10 which is ESR’s strength (and Saka but he’s on a different level for me personally).

However this doesn’t make you Kaka.

There is nothing wrong with what I said at all. It’s you guys with the Kaka and KDB stuff.

samspade

Very sterile and tidy but no “je ne sais quoi”
like even Dortmund Rosicky in his pomp let alone Kaka. Maybe with age and seniority he will up the spontaneity and extra stuff but as of now nope.
But my man, you are even if you say you aren't in your next post. It's just not common trait. You're right that KDB and Kaka comparisons are too far though.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

But my man, you are even if you say you aren't in your next post. It's just not common trait. You're right that KDB and Kaka comparisons are too far though.
Me saying that’s his entire game or he plays like an academy player is not down playing it, Kaka has more strings to his bow this is just facts.

ESR is the epitome of the modern attacker, where certain things have been eliminated and drummed into his play from youth. Some take to it better than others as shown by the few youth who actually make it at clubs like Arsenal. Hence me saying comparing him to players of yesteryear is a waste of time.

samspade

Me saying that’s his entire game or he plays like an academy player is not down playing it, Kaka has more strings to his bow this is just facts.

ESR is the epitome of the modern attacker, where certain things have been eliminated and drummed into his play from youth. Some take to it better than others as shown by the few youth who actually make it at clubs like Arsenal. Hence me saying comparing him to players of yesteryear is a waste of time.
Well I'll take what you say at face value. It read to me like you were playing it down but I'll assume I was wrong. He can beat people to you know, he has dribbling skills, a lot of the skills you required to sell people playing one touch are in common with dribbling and you can't teach that so it's not like he's just come out of factory that produces robots that play one touch.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Well I'll take what you say at face value. It read to me like you were playing it down but I'll assume I was wrong. He can beat people to you know, he has dribbling skills, a lot of the skills you required to sell people playing one touch are in common with dribbling and you can't teach that so it's not like he's just come out of factory that produces robots that play one touch.
My stance on ESR is suss and I know this because I’ve been called out on it a few times on here.

I think he’s good. For his age, he’s excellent. I want a number 10 but if we go into this season where he was our main man at that position I wouldn’t be mad, my only concern would be his fitness that’s all.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Macho only rates overpriced French players. If he was some French African kid we spent 40m on he’d be hyping him up for the bare minimum.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Macho only rates overpriced French players. If he was some French African kid we spent 40m on he’d be hyping him up for the bare minimum.
You knew not to @me you’re learning.

ESR is more important than all our remaining French/Aff players combined so I don’t know what this is about.

But congrats on crying about our French players in every thread.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
ESR is a gem with great natural instincts and a technical ability with potential to grow into elite if cultivated correctly, I just hope Arteta doesn't ruin him.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

ESR is a gem with great natural instincts and a technical ability with potential to grow into elite if cultivated correctly, I just hope Arteta doesn't ruin him.
He can’t look at Saka.

I think players with a certain technical floor and mental fortitude are safe. If ESR was the egotistical type I’d be more worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom