• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
2014...Ramsey
2015...Cazorla
2017...Sanchez
2020...Aubameyang

...looked it up, those are the 4 MOTM winners, in our recent cup wins.

Özil did play very well in the 2015 and 2017 games, tbf.
Always said Gdeep fakes arguments when it comes to Özil. He just can't accept that others like Sanchez and Cazorla were better players. Shame really

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Peak Özil, I would have to agree.

Cazorla has reached a holy status amongst the fanbase - probably cause he’s underrated everywhere else and didn’t cause the club troubles.
He never reached holy status here, people just enjoyed watching him as he was a magician on the ball.
I've always said, the moment we lost him we've still had Özil and Sanchez, and that wasn't enough for the CL, but Cazorla was able to get us there before they've arrived. That's an undeniable fact, the rest is just pointless discussion between people who like vision and pass from Özil and people who liked tricks from Santi, but in end, the team completely struggled without Santi which is the most important thing

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Macho

Does current you rate ESR lower, than younger you rated Hleb back in the day, do you think?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Peak özil never sat a foot at Arsenal.
Now this would have to be a discussion but you might have a point.

His first season here was in line with my expectations at the time, I thought he was excellent. The rest of the team just didn’t match.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

@Macho

Does current you rate ESR lower, than younger you rated Hleb back in the day, do you think?
This is a effed question :lol:

I can confirm all versions of me have much higher hopes for ESR in all timelines if that makes sense. ESR has the makings of a complete player - Hleb never did.

I did underrate him at the time admittedly, his dribbling was unworldly.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
E69mUmYWUAEBh9i

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Peak Özil, I would have to agree.

Cazorla has reached a holy status amongst the fanbase - probably cause he’s underrated everywhere else and didn’t cause the club troubles.

All you have to do is look at the posts in Santa’s 2nd year when he struggled, think only me and Jury were defending him😂. Incredible revisionism. Was a popular opinion to replace Santi with Ramsey in mid when Leicester won the league too.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil in his last two seasons here was picking the games he played ffs.

How do you even compare Özil to Santi :lol:

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
On pure technical ability, then Wilshere was probably better than Saka and ESR. I genuinely thought Wilshere was gonna be our Iniesta when he was 16, 17, 18.

He stopped improving at a really early age though. It was partly the injuries but also mental. Saka's footballing IQ is higher than Wilshere's ever was. Same with Cesc, even as a teenager his decision making was already better than most experienced pros in their 30s.

Wilshere was still making the same mistakes after years of first team experience. Choosing the wrong passes, dribbling into dead ends and falling over. Massive waste of his footballing talent.
Interesting you choose his decision making as his main problem. I think that by the end of that break out season he was basically complete and that was his peak unfortunately. He had an excellent turn of pace, excellent passing range, superb dribbling skills, ball recoveries were top notch too. Unfettered by injury I’m certain he would have been one of the worlds best. I think he just suffered because of injury leading to a lack of regularity and pace loss. The regularity thing is a huge deal as it’s lost learning time and your skills decay. Obviously there’s the Barca game but the game he had in 2013 (I think?) against Brazil was a real show case of what he could have become.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Can someone explain to me why Arteta had to have a discussion with Emile Smith Rowe about taking the no.10 jersey, if he wasnt going to get it who was Willian? What a fkin joke, I think Emile Smith Rowe should've had a discussion with Arteta about what it means to take the Arsenal manager job.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

2014...Ramsey
2015...Cazorla
2017...Sanchez
2020...Aubameyang

...looked it up, those are the 4 MOTM winners, in our recent cup wins.

Özil did play very well in the 2015 and 2017 games, tbf.
GDeep talking **** again. How surprising.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We lucked out massively to have two quality first teamers come out from the academy at the same time. Shudder to think where we'd be without them. And Willock isn't half bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom