• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really hope Emile pushes on this year. He's shown cracking potential but he needs to be more involved in the game, and absolutely more end product.

He drifts in and out connecting between the lines. He's fun to watch, but sometimes I feel he can be more bold and selfish on the ball. Is that in his locker? For those who watched him at Youth.

The answer to that is yes and we will probably see it now he has the 10. Not as often as we would like though, considering that he needs to fill in at rb for Chambers to push forward.

mirrorstare

Haven't really watched the matches but he seems to be enjoying a good preseason, hopefully it carries on to the games that matter.

bonzka

Love this kid and there’s clearly more to come as he gains confidence and becomes more daring.

He needs to be a wide playmaker with license to roam. Wenger would have this guy on the wing and drifting. He’s not ready to be the central fulcrum and not sure it’s his game anyhow:

He should be in rotation with Pepe/Saka for the two wing spots depending on tactical setup and form.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Love this kid and there’s clearly more to come as he gains confidence and becomes more daring.

He needs to be a wide playmaker with license to roam. Wenger would have this guy on the wing and drifting. He’s not ready to be the central fulcrum and not sure it’s his game anyhow:

He should be in rotation with Pepe/Saka for the two wing spots depending on tactical setup and form.
Not sure what hes meant to do without Saka on the pitch given the options ahead of him tbh, theres not much chance of interplay outside of Lacazette. Saka came on the pitch and he nearly put him through on goal - if the 2 of them had been on for 90 minutes theres no doubt hed look better.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I second what @bonzka and @Heavy Duty Rom say in that ESR is probably better suited as one of our wide options.

He’s intelligent, has a good touch and does nice things here and there but not nearly involved enough to be my #10 personally.

Him being the main wide left option and a proper number 10 coming in probably kills my boy Pepe, but if we become a better team for it then ces’t la vie.

bonzka

Not sure what hes meant to do without Saka on the pitch given the options ahead of him tbh, theres not much chance of interplay outside of Lacazette. Saka came on the pitch and he nearly put him through on goal - if the 2 of them had been on for 90 minutes theres no doubt hed look better.
I’m not downing on The Smith. I just think he’s a wide play maker, and I like Arsenal to have at least one of those in the 11. Gives us combination play. Wenger loved it. I miss it.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I’m not downing on The Smith. I just think he’s a wide play maker, and I like Arsenal to have at least one of those in the 11. Gives us combination play. Wenger loved it. I miss it.
Id like to see him a Nasri role which is similar to what you're saying but slightly different, start more central but drift out when needed or to facilitate alongside another attacking midfielder. But wed need a different setup for that 🤔 😢

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ideally, he would be the sidekick, to a more established number 10...not sure Maddison is the guy though, think he is too similar to Emile.

You forget how many playmakers we had back in the day...we only have really 1 in the whole first team squad now, used to start games with about 3 not that long ago :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Him being the main wide left option and a proper number 10 coming in probably kills my boy Pepe, but if we become a better team for it then ces’t la vie.

This is where you need me as the manager, mate.

I would be developing Pepe into a 40 goal and assist a season striker!

blaze_of_glory

I second what @bonzka and @Heavy Duty Rom say in that ESR is probably better suited as one of our wide options.

He’s intelligent, has a good touch and does nice things here and there but not nearly involved enough to be my #10 personally.

If we don't get another CAM in that moves ESR out wide then I could see him and Saka interchanging from wing to central quite a lot during games given how ESR plays. Not sure how effective that would be overall though.

Definitely preferable to get another creative player in to freshen things up, the attack doesn't look any better than it did last year. Tired of losing 1-0.

bonzka

Our best starting 11 in an ideal world would have ESR LW with a new number 10

Leno
New - White - Gabriel - Tierney
Lokonga - Partey
Saka - Maddison - ESR
New​

I like this rig. I’m not totally convinced on Maddison but he would encourage us to play more centrally in the attacking third, which I crave..

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This is where you need me as the manager, mate.

I would be developing Pepe into a 40 goal and assist a season striker!
I'll second you on this. I think Pepe would do well as a CF. Him playing wide makes no sense unless we have a good RB overlapping and by the look of things it seems we'll be keeping Bellerina.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I'll second you on this. I think Pepe would do well as a CF. Him playing wide makes no sense unless we have a good RB overlapping and by the look of things it seems we'll be keeping Bellerina.
I’ve been on this train for a while, I think he’s much better doing things fast which is a necessity for a striker. He’s got all the physical attributes and clearly the finishing skills, no one on ones with fbs either which he’s inconsistent at. Sadly he’s a little old to just learn a new position it’d have to click with him very fast.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yep, this is it. Although, I'd still have Xhaka over Lokonga for now and one of Saka/ESR will have to get a goalscoring touch. Sakas finishing is very poor.

Saka's finishing is not poor, he just barely got on the end of a lot of great chances. So the few he missed stands out. If Saka was playing for Man City or Liverpool last season, he would have looked much more dangerous. I rate Saka more that I even previously did seeing him actually look good the last two seasons playing under managers like Emery and Arteta. Still don't think Arsenal fans understand how talented and dangerous Saka is.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

He was never a number 10. Even in the academy he always played as a WF and sometimes he will play as a second striker and even as a number 8. He is more of a complementary type of player, a link up player, someone who can raise the tempo like Rosicky used to do when he was in form. If he can add a bit more end product to his game as he matures, he will be such a valuable team player.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I’ve been on this train for a while, I think he’s much better doing things fast which is a necessity for a striker. He’s got all the physical attributes and clearly the finishing skills, no one on ones with fbs either which he’s inconsistent at. Sadly he’s a little old to just learn a new position it’d have to click with him very fast.
Honestly I don't think it's something he would need to learn. Jus get him closer to the goal and I think it will pay off

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Saka's finishing is not poor, he just barely got on the end of a lot of great chances. So the few he missed stands out. If Saka was playing for Man City or Liverpool last season, he would have looked much more dangerous. I rate Saka more that I even previously did seeing him actually look good the last two seasons playing under managers like Emery and Arteta. Still don't think Arsenal fans understand how talented and dangerous Saka is.
No mate, it’s poor. We know how talented he is, but there is no denying his finishing needs a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom