• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
People are mad on the his forum they really are. He's playing in possibly the toughest position in the toughest league in the world and he's just a kid. He's done fantastically well up until this point. He's going to have the bad game here and there because he is just a kid.

People forget Saka has had almost 2 seasons to develop in the first team and he started off in quite a safe position at LB.

Truth is Palace were set up very well, we did create some decent opportunities and played much better then we did pre esr and Saka starting. Where we couldn't create a chance to save our lives.

We desperately missed Tierney in a game like this. Because AMN was absolute rubbish.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
He gave the ball away a lot with sloppy passes in this game and the last game.

Needs to improve in this area.

That is automatic and near unavoidable in his role. He's winning them too. The best players in the premier league lose possession constantly and top those charts. Useless stat without context.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He came in the squad and we instantly improved our form, everyone was playing better and our attack was fluid. When he don’t play as well our whole team goes back to how it was before, he really did make that much of a difference.
We would have beaten chelsea with or without him. It was bound to happen. We were. On 7 games with no win. That run was bound to end. We are mid table team with or without this kid

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought he struggled yesterday. He gave the ball away quite a lot and didn't look up to it physically. It's to be expected though, he's just a kid, he really shouldn't be in the position he currently is in, carry the creative burden of the team on his back, but it is what it is I guess.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That is automatic and near unavoidable in his role. He's winning them too. The best players in the premier league lose possession constantly and top those charts. Useless stat without context.

Don't expect comprehension of that

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Thought he struggled yesterday. He gave the ball away quite a lot and didn't look up to it physically. It's to be expected though, he's just a kid, he really shouldn't be in the position he currently is in, carry the creative burden of the team on his back, but it is what it is I guess.
He has never carried the creative burden or isnt expected. Thats Saka who is doing it. All this kid has done is move the ball around quickly to nearest player. I knew this would happen, first comes the overrating, then comes rewriting history about how well he has done then comes the excuses he is just a kid

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He has never carried the creative burden or isnt expected. Thats Saka who is doing it. All this kid has done is move the ball around quickly to nearest player. I knew this would happen, first comes the overrating, then comes rewriting history about how well he has done then comes the excuses he is just a kid

I mean more in terms of the eyes of the fans, we haven't had anyone doing the basics at 10 all season, Smith Rowe comes in and provides them and then as a result the fanbase over rates the player, which then sets the up for failure down the road. Its not the players fault though, he shouldn't be playing number 10 every week for Arsenal at this stage in his career.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I mean more in terms of the eyes of the fans, we haven't had anyone doing the basics at 10 all season, Smith Rowe comes in and provides them and then as a result the fanbase over rates the player, which then sets the up for failure down the road. Its not the players fault though, he shouldn't be playing number 10 every week for Arsenal at this stage in his career.
I agree. The same people overrating him now will turn on him because they putting unrealistic expectations on him. Willian has been absolutely disaster. So he didn’t have to do much to look better. But if we don’t get an attacking midfielder this window and this kid keep playing. 5 months from now this thread will look very different and I worry for him

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He is too inexperienced and not even talented enough to be the main creative outlet for Arsenal. Just sad what this club has become in terms of the level of player.

We can't be depending on players like Ceballos, Xhaka, El-neny, Bellerin, AMN, Smith-Rowe, Willock to be difference makers.

It also doesn't help when you have Auba, who is so limited as an all around footballer. Sometimes he looks like a taller Gabonese Walcott.

We need another CM to partner Partey, a better attacking mid than Smith-Rowe, although it wouldn't be as needed if one of our expensive forwards were actually dynamic.

Like if Pepe was on the level of 14/15 Alexis Sanchez, we would be more dynamic as a team. We also need a RB better than Bellerin.

Impact

Established Member
In the off-season, I'd like to see Smith Rowe work on his fitness. His style of play is explosive and includes a lot of high-intensity runs. His stamina is not quite at the level to maintain the effort required at a PL level across the full 90 mins. Could be a difference maker for him next season.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Most young players would kill to be in his position. Starting for Arsenal with little or no competition, pretty much guaranteed game time. You either take the opportunity or you don’t it’s up to him to deliver.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
In the off-season, I'd like to see Smith Rowe work on his fitness. His style of play is explosive and includes a lot of high-intensity runs. His stamina is not quite at the level to maintain the effort required at a PL level across the full 90 mins. Could be a difference maker for him next season.
I'd like to see him start to grow a little more in confidence aswell. Dominated the ball at his best in the youth teams but seems to be used a lot more off the ball nowadays and doesn't quite have the prominence he usually has. Inexperience obviously a factor aswell. Will be interesting to see what this season does for him confidence wise going into next season.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'd like to see him start to grow a little more in confidence aswell. Dominated the ball at his best in the youth teams but seems to be used a lot more off the ball nowadays and doesn't quite have the prominence he usually has. Inexperience obviously a factor aswell. Will be interesting to see what this season does for him confidence wise going into next season.
Looking back at how Saka was playing at LW, I think it's very similar to what ESR does now. Some very good performances followed by a game of two full of mistakes. Saka today is twice the player he was last season, so confident on the ball and rarely loses it, especially since he moved to RW.
This is an integration period for ESR, I fully expect him to be much better next season, the same progress we've seen with Saka.

Knowing your opinion on Nelson, I'd say that he is unlucky compared to them as there isn't a position he can take for free, as ESR and Saka did. He needs to battle with Auba/Willian for the LF, a battle he will always lose no matter what happens on the pitch. Both Auba and Willian can stink the place for half a season, but fans and the manager will slaughter Nelson after one bad half, which makes his integration period impossible

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He isn't a generational talent like a Cesc, so he will have his regular ups and down...and considering he's our only real creative midfielder for his position, there will be even more ups and down, as that's a lot of pressure to put on a young player.

Hope everyone gives him time, as he will have poor games with all things considered...but I would much rather watch a good young player get minutes, even if he struggles as he hopefully develops...than some old gimp, who is just crap now.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Looking back at how Saka was playing at LW, I think it's very similar to what ESR does now. Some very good performances followed by a game of two full of mistakes. Saka today is twice the player he was last season, so confident on the ball and rarely loses it, especially since he moved to RW.
This is an integration period for ESR, I fully expect him to be much better next season, the same progress we've seen with Saka.

Knowing your opinion on Nelson, I'd say that he is unlucky compared to them as there isn't a position he can take for free, as ESR and Saka did. He needs to battle with Auba/Willian for the LF, a battle he will always lose no matter what happens on the pitch. Both Auba and Willian can stink the place for half a season, but fans and the manager will slaughter Nelson after one bad half, which makes his integration period impossible
I still think Nelson can take RWF for free. Pepe and Willian haven't claimed it but Arteta is punishing him for refusing to go on loan.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Saka is direct. He has pace and good crossing. ESR ain’t gonna beat players and run from them. His attitude are not as strong as saka. So he will never have similar impact. He is a lesser talent

wolfkidultman

He’s quite clearly a secondary playmaker the way Fabregas was our primary playmaker and the limes of Nasri, Hleb and Rosicky provided intelligent, technically able support which increased our attacking threat.

He might in time show the sort of character required to receive the ball in tight areas and show the sort of incisiveness required to have proper impact on the direction of the game but he isn’t that just yet and that’s what we’re crying out for.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Sush to all the people that slagged him off after Crystal Palace (where the reasons why he had problems where obvious imo and understandable.)

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Great game. Seemed to have a decent understanding with Partey and of course Saka. Impressed with how much effort he puts in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom