• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
40k makes a lot of sense if you look at our wage structure.

Most youngsters are on around 10-20k when they break into the squad and then get upgraded to 40-50k once they become a permanent option in the squad (think Nketiah is now also on ~40k as is Saka, hopefully Holding who was on 20k is also upgraded to the 40-50k range and not more). Next step would be ~70k and then top earner at 100k+.

Glad we're extending his contract he deserves it and we protect his value.
Tbh, I don't think it's fair when you consider what they do on the pitch compared to overpaid seniors, but I guess for their personal development it's better that they don't get too greedy so young and they focus on football rather than spending millions on stuff they don't need.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why does it matter? :lol:

I think it gives off the impression that you have a couple of good matches and get a new contract. You can just tell him "listen we're very pleased with you, we'll give you a new contract in the summer, until then keep up the good work". Why distract him with a new contract midway through a season.

I think it gives off the impression that you have a couple of good matches and get a new contract. You can just tell him "listen we're very pleased with you, we'll give you a new contract in the summer, until then keep up the good work". Why distract him with a new contract midway through a season.

Well it could also mean, here is a new contract, keep up the good work.

Besides if he keeps it up he will ask for more in the summer.

No easy way around it but given the finical situation of the football and our club, I guess we want to tie him down as soon as we can.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Well it could also mean, here is a new contract, keep up the good work.

Besides if he keeps it up he will ask for more in the summer.

No easy way around it but given the finical situation of the football and our club, I guess we want to tie him down as soon as we can.

But like, there's no rush. This isn't Balogun or Saka last summer. He's under a fairly long contract right now. I agree we should reward him, just do it sensibly. Instinctively I don't like giving too big contracts too soon, Hudson-Odoi is on 100k+ a week, it's ridiculous.

But like, there's no rush. This isn't Balogun or Saka last summer. He's under a fairly long contract right now. I agree we should reward him, just do it sensibly. Instinctively I don't like giving too big contracts too soon, Hudson-Odoi is on 100k+ a week, it's ridiculous.

Yeah but we are just talking about 40k here. Its alright. We wait longer and it will only get higher if he keeps improving.

He signed his last contract in July 2018. Its surely getting on the shorter end with current contract.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
How is it that Arteta tells ESR to play free? Goes against the idea I’ve seen many on here spout that Arteta is micromanaging everything and stopping creative freedom.
:lol:
Arteta was on his knees and under intense pressure when ESR was given his chance. I think he handled this youngster well possibly because of a lack of time to make adjustments and maybe doubts about how much coaching ESR could absorb. It was a hail Mary that worked wonders. I think he's been micromanaging because this group of seniors lapse very easily in to bad habits.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Club doing the right thing here, sounds an excellent deal for ESR.

ESR, Saka, Nelson, Tierney, Martinelli, Gabriel, Nketiah, Willock and possibly Balogun and Guendouzi.

Things may be going to **** right now, but **** me, that's something to smile about.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Arteta was on his knees and under intense pressure when ESR was given his chance. I think he handled this youngster well possibly because of a lack of time to make adjustments and maybe doubts about how much coaching ESR could absorb. It was a hail Mary that worked wonders. I think he's been micromanaging because this group of seniors lapse very easily in to bad habits.
Jep 100% it was Arteta’s last shot and it paid off for him, he now needs to keep the faith in the youngsters that saved his job and bin the deadwood like Willian.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Club doing the right thing here, sounds an excellent deal for ESR.

ESR, Saka, Nelson, Tierney, Martinelli, Gabriel, Nketiah, Willock and possibly Balogun and Guendouzi.

Things may be going to **** right now, but **** me, that's something to smile about.
The young core seem to want to make their mark at the club. Or is it a British core?
:shivering:

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg

Or more likely, this micromanaging theory is pure nonsense. Patterns of play are coached, yes, but they’re not told who to pass to at all times. They learn that instinctively, and with the help of video analysis.

DasBootist

The kid is a certified BALLA. His introduction into the team and the run of wins and improved attacking play is correlated. This is simply the club acknowledging the fact and rewarding the brudda. If anything it will spur him on to keep improving and earn a bigger contract in future.

My only hope is he doesn't pick up long term injuries...

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Jep 100% it was Arteta’s last shot and it paid off for him, he now needs to keep the faith in the youngsters that saved his job and bin the deadwood like Willian.
Better, more experienced players have performed under Arteta, then hit that wall and the kids will not be immune to that.

Arteta will have to coax form out of them or the seniors like Willian eventually. Youth and energy is only gonna do so much, it’s not a sustainable approach all season long.

I think Palace was more revealing than people care to think. Chelsea and Newcastle were a mess, their change of managers soon will confirm this. Brighton picked an unknown 11 - there have been reasons for some of our wins other than youth.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Better, more experienced players have performed under Arteta, then hit that wall and the kids will not be immune to that.

Arteta will have to coax form out of them or the seniors like Willian eventually. Youth and energy is only gonna do so much, it’s not a sustainable approach all season long.

I think Palace was more revealing than people care to think. Chelsea and Newcastle were a mess, their change of managers soon will confirm this. Brighton picked an unknown 11 - there have been reasons for some of our wins other than youth.
They’ve started their “what if” with the next 5 games again :(

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Cause that's worked so well in the past. Do the deal early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom