• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Expecting ESR to be our saviour in midfield is as ridiculous as it was to expect Saliba to come in and transform our defence like many spent the entirety of last year hoping for. ESR is about as far away from being a top creative midfielder at PL level as Saliba is being a top CB. Tho I can understand the want for ESR to being given a chance, but it's more down to the club unforgivably not signing a creative midfielder. Our options are with play Willian or Saka in the 10 role or part of a midfield 3, give ESR a chance or hope that Ceballos can maybe be the Özil replacement many thought he'd be, even tho I've seen people now all of a sudden decide he should be a number 6.

Make no mistake about it, ESR is a long way off, expect us to continue with our current system for a while longer as there's no point in switching if we do not have anyone to fill in such a vital creative role.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
ESR shouldn't be coming into such a dysfunctional team. Injuries have hampered him. Imagine if he had of played more at LB Leipzig and could have been loaned to Monaco, we'd have a truer picture of his ability level.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Expecting ESR to be our saviour in midfield is as ridiculous as it was to expect Saliba to come in and transform our defence like many spent the entirety of last year hoping for. ESR is about as far away from being a top creative midfielder at PL level as Saliba is being a top CB. Tho I can understand the want for ESR to being given a chance, but it's more down to the club unforgivably not signing a creative midfielder. Our options are with play Willian or Saka in the 10 role or part of a midfield 3, give ESR a chance or hope that Ceballos can maybe be the Özil replacement many thought he'd be, even tho I've seen people now all of a sudden decide he should be a number 6.

Make no mistake about it, ESR is a long way off, expect us to continue with our current system for a while longer as there's no point in switching if we do not have anyone to fill in such a vital creative role.
I understand what you're saying, but the story about Saliba would usually happen when one of our CB's would have a mental break down and we would get trashed like amateurs. At that point you ask yourself, do I continue paying salaries of complete idiots like Mustafi and Sokratis or do I give a chance to a young guy who was doing well in France, at worst, that young guy will still be better than what we were seeing here.
The same thing is now happening with ESR, we are watching a team that can't create anything, and people are starting to ask the same question, do I continue with the same or do I give a chance to a young player, who wouldn't do any worse than the current attacking players that we have.

Our "attackers" are currently performing in the same way that Mustafi and Sokratis did in defense, it's just that the defensive side is more costly when you have a bad game.

With some positive displays from Saka and Martinelli, I wouldn't mind seeing another top talent getting a chance here while senior players can't make anything right.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
ESR needs a sustained period of fitness first before he can be in the conversation proper IMO. Fortunately was only a shoulder problem this time but hopefully he can remain fit for the rest of the season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't think he quite fit at the moment he'll need to start few u23 games or europa league games before considered to the PL squad

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I hope he is ready to play in the EL this week. If he can build on his loan deal to Huddersfield he can be helpful to us this season.

Apparently their manager said that he is a good player at running beyond midfield and defensive lines. I feel like we need a player like this to cause some chaos in the midfield area, dragging some players out of their position.

Its all too predictable right now because Arteta is strict about players holding their position.

I have high hopes for ESR talent wise but barely being able to develop because of injuries is very bad. I fear he wont make it here unless he stay injury free from now on.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I understand what you're saying, but the story about Saliba would usually happen when one of our CB's would have a mental break down and we would get trashed like amateurs. At that point you ask yourself, do I continue paying salaries of complete idiots like Mustafi and Sokratis or do I give a chance to a young guy who was doing well in France, at worst, that young guy will still be better than what we were seeing here.
The same thing is now happening with ESR, we are watching a team that can't create anything, and people are starting to ask the same question, do I continue with the same or do I give a chance to a young player, who wouldn't do any worse than the current attacking players that we have.

Our "attackers" are currently performing in the same way that Mustafi and Sokratis did in defense, it's just that the defensive side is more costly when you have a bad game.

With some positive displays from Saka and Martinelli, I wouldn't mind seeing another top talent getting a chance here while senior players can't make anything right.
ESR isn't going to play a single match while Arteta plays with 343. Tell me where is he going to play? He plays with tho CM with very very defensive duties. Even Partey doesn't go up. Elneny plays even deeper. That's why we are struggling to attack. We get isolated at the attack. LW is locked by Auba as striker. RW is for the "creator" Willian/Pepe. Is ESR going to play instead of them?

We all know Arteta is not going to play Auba as CF

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He needs a loan. He did really well at Huddersfield last year. A loan to a Premier League club that will play him would be good.

Not sure who that would be though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom