• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Great goal from Ødegaard aside I think apart from away leg to Benfica where he was playing some great through balls to Auba I don't really think he's built on it enough. Particularly last night he was giving the ball away a lot that first half.

We still look a better side with ESR at 10 for me, I think we keep better possession with him in the team and as has been said before you lose the ESR/Saka link up which basically saved our season really. Obviously he is our own player as well but from the small samples I've seen from both I genuinely believe ESR is the better prospect. Ødegaard is still a great option to have of the bench for 25-30 mins.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think Ødegaard is the superior player at their respective stages of their careers tbh.

The only thing that makes me a bit meh about it is we're essentially developing a player for 6 months in a rubbish season - there's just no real pay off from it unless the plan is to keep him.

There are much better clubs for Ødegaard than this version of Arsenal though, so he should definitely explore this summer.

Ødegaard waltzing into the side like he has is a complete no brainer, even if some don't like it cause obviously ESR is the energetic local lad.
I actually think we are in pole position if he decides to leave Real Madrid. He is clearly looking for stability. His original wish was to go back to Real Sociedad, since he enjoyed it there. My gut feeling is that he is done with adapting to new clubs all the time. Since 2017 he has played for five clubs.

ESR breaking through this season has been a highlight for me. He probably saved Town from going down last season, and I think everything now is about conditioning his body to playing week in week out.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I actually think we are in pole position if he decides to leave Real Madrid. He is clearly looking for stability. His original wish was to go back to Real Sociedad, since he enjoyed it there. My gut feeling is that he is done with adapting to new clubs all the time. Since 2017 he has played for five clubs.
I'm just not sure Arsenal is the best club for an attacking player in their early twenties anymore.

Ødegaard is getting starts now, but Arteta seems determined to sign as many creative right sided players as possible so there is no guarantee someone won't be signed and block him. He's very complimentary of Arsenal though.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I would like to see him as a CM in a double pivot. I just wish Arteta was a bit more creative when it came to how he uses players. He’ll play Willian and Saka everywhere but others only get one chance in one position.

Legend14

Established Member
Think Ødegaard is the superior player at their respective stages of their careers tbh.

The only thing that makes me a bit meh about it is we're essentially developing a player for 6 months in a rubbish season - there's just no real pay off from it unless the plan is to keep him.

There are much better clubs for Ødegaard than this version of Arsenal though, so he should definitely explore this summer.

Ødegaard waltzing into the side like he has is a complete no brainer, even if some don't like it cause obviously ESR is the energetic local lad.
That is your assessment of the player? Wow. Just wow.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Absolutely love him, technically brilliant and puts in an absolute shift every game. Don't think it's always a coincidence that we fall to bits when he comes off.

Impact

Established Member
Brilliant performance today. Was a constant threat working in tandem with Tierney down the left. Vacates space, runs in behind, mazy direct dribbles, final ball, threat from long distance, combination play etc. He did it all. Best player on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom