• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
iu

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
His role will be interesting. Fitness issues aside, very talented option for 8 or 10.
Something Arteta doesn't use in his formation. We're stacking CB's so it looks like we'll continue to play with 3 at the back, which means there won't be many chances for ESR, especially in the midfield area.

I think ESR and Martinelli will both struggle this season, ESR because of the formation and Martinelli will recover around December when there will be fewer cup games and chances to regain his form. Tough luck for both of them

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don’t see it with him. My assessment of him and everyone else’s is so far off it makes me take a hard look at him when he’s about but I still don’t see it.

Loans until he’s sold eventually for me.
His youth career and loan has been impressive, he is probably the most technical player at the club together with Saka and is very young.
Some strong words without being able to back your opinion with anything

Vanfrothan

I re-watched his highlights from the Atletico Madrid friendly from a couple of pre-seasons ago and he was absolutely brilliant in that game.

I'm really rooting for him but I just don't see that kid in his latest performances.

He's got the attributes to make a real career for himself but I feel this season is going to be massive for him if it's going to continue here.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I re-watched his highlights from the Atletico Madrid friendly from a couple of pre-seasons ago and he was absolutely brilliant in that game.

I'm really rooting for him but I just don't see that kid in his latest performances.

He's got the attributes to make a real career for himself but I feel this season is going to be massive for him if it's going to continue here.
Like Nelson, he needs a bit more dominance in his game. He began to carry the attack for Huddersfield at the back-end of last season but not necessarily with the kind of end product he'd have liked. I really consider him to be more of an #8 than a #10 these days, as he's very technically capable and can play a pass but wouldn't call him a bonafide playmaker in the traditional sense. Such is his versatility, and the way we're set-up that I wonder how he will even be used. There's a lot of question marks over the likes of Willock, ESR, Nelson and even Saka. All the main Hale End boys are versatile and capable of performing different roles and in this fluid set-up, having a player like ESR could be crucial but in what capacity? I think we won't know the answer until we're into the season and then we'll see what kinda season he's gonna have.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Some strong words without being able to back your opinion with anything
It’s my opinion?

He just looks a bit chubby and unspectacular to me whenever I’ve seen him, I’m not sure how I could back that up. Where does he even get in the team? Can he carry a premiership teams attack? From what I’ve seen I doubt it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It’s my opinion?

He just looks a bit chubby and unspectacular to me whenever I’ve seen him, I’m not sure how I could back that up. Where does he even get in the team? Can he carry a premiership teams attack? From what I’ve seen I doubt it.
I can understand that part, from what we've seen he couldn't carry a Championship team, but that's simply because we haven't seen anything from him yet because he has barely played for us.
We can only try to evaluate his talent based on his u23 career and that short loan at Huddersfield, the only two periods where he played on a regular basis.
He did well there and looked like a talented player, nothing else. Now it's down to the manager and the club to decide if we need his talent or do we invest time/money in someone else.
My view on this is that we should always give them 10-20 games to show what they can do within a competitive environment, that's what we did with Saka, Willock, Eddie, and Martinelli.
Arteta needs to decide who did well and who wasn't up to our standards and move to our next batch of TJJ, Nelson, ESR, Balogun.

You can't possibly think that you or our manager can tell who is good based on 2 EL games and one dreadful team performance vs Everton, you would easily end up in Bennacer, Gnabry, and Malen situation which was so costly for us that we should never think about doing it again.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
As I recall Emile was very two-footed when he was coming up in the academy, such that when he was first breaking through I remember there even being some doubt about which foot was his stronger?

It seems like this is something that hasn't really continued in his game, he's been pretty one-footed when you watch him play for Arsenal. Am I misremembering or what's happened here?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

As I recall Emile was very two-footed when he was coming up in the academy, such that when he was first breaking through I remember there even being some doubt about which foot was his stronger?

It seems like this is something that hasn't really continued in his game, he's been pretty one-footed when you watch him play for Arsenal. Am I misremembering or what's happened here?

Someone else has to answer more about it, but at least the last goal he scored for Huddersfield was very nice placement with the left foot to the far corner.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He's always been pretty strongly right footed. He can use his left pretty well but he's always been a righty.

GunnerShy

It’s my opinion?

Tend to agree. Important two years for him. If he doesn't put his mark on us in that time then you'd think he's going to end up elsewhere.

I kind of feel like he's 7-8 years too late? Looks a 10 in an era when they're going out of fashion.

Will need to reinvent himself into a 6-8. That'll start with his fitness. No surprise that Ceballos' uptick in form post lockdown followed a concerted effort to get much fitter.

Manberg

Predator
Tend to agree. Important two years for him. If he doesn't put his mark on us in that time then you'd think he's going to end up elsewhere.

I kind of feel like he's 7-8 years too late? Looks a 10 in an era when they're going out of fashion.

Will need to reinvent himself into a 6-8. That'll start with his fitness. No surprise that Ceballos' uptick in form post lockdown followed a concerted effort to get much fitter.

It’s 10’s of the Özil mould that have gone out of fashion. The advanced playmakers who just sit in the hole looking to make magic passes, and have to be carried defensively.
The hard working attacking midfielders are still very much in fashion. Nevertheless, I see ESR on the wings, but he has a lot of competition.

Sanis

I hope he won't be sent on loan. Expect this to be his breaktrough season, just like for Saka. Emile is really ultratalented player and already looked good in the matches he played for the main team before the injuries.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Article please?:eek:ops:
Here's a summary absent of the usual Athletic waffle:
  • In July, Arteta spoke of being “excited” at the prospect of working with the player after a successful loan spell in the Championship with Huddersfield Town. That public pronouncement was backed up by an internal assurance that he figured in plans for next season.

• Since then, the situation has clouded somewhat. Arteta’s current preference for a 3-4-3 system does not easily accommodate a player who is best as a No 10 or advanced No 8.

• Clubs in the Premier League and Europe are following closely in case he becomes available for loan

• When ESR joined RB Leipzig on loan, he made just three appearances for the German side. Although he was widely reported to be carrying an injury, Smith Rowe was suffering from growing pains — an issue that is now behind him.

• For ESR's last loan, there was competition from other Championship clubs and two Bundesliga teams, but Smith Rowe and Arsenal were convinced by Huddersfield’s proposition. A key part of the pitch was their commitment to play Smith Rowe in central areas, either as a No 10 or a No 8.

• It took a little time to build his fitness up. “We looked after him in terms of his minutes, really we played him Saturday to Saturday,” says Cowley. “By the end of the loan, he was able to cope with the three-game week, and perform at his level in all three games.”

• Smith Rowe briefly worked with Arteta while he was undertaking his coaching badges a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom