• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Lol this is all that matters in football sadly. A lot of talented players get buried for not excessively running, whilst so-so players get talked up for effort.

Not saying ESR is in that bracket I’m more looking at Henderson. Even the talented Martinelli to an extent.

In any case, the kid needs a breather he looks physically spent - even when we had 11 men.

Ironically, I see a lot posters who are very positive about ESR absolutely sh*t all over Lacazette earlier this season when he was breathing heavily after the ridiculous role he was made to play. But I digress.

Europe via the league looks all but done, so I would start Ødegaard and see what he can do. Especially as ESR has had a couple of quiet games now.

I think how his passing and decision making progresses will determine his place in the team. At the moment his passing is a bit meh close to the box.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Too late to get into the England squad for the Euros? Him and Saka would kill it imo.

James Maddison and Mason Mount will probably be favored over him.

Saka probably gets in though. Versatile players like him are hugely important for tournament squads.

Barring injuries, it's probably going to be Pope, Henderson, Pickford - Alexander-Arnold, Trippier, Chilwell, Saka, Maguire, Stones, Walker, Dier - Rice, Winks, Henderson, Mount, Foden, Maddison - Grealish, Sancho, Sterling, Rashford, Kane, Calvert-Lewin.

Last edited:

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
He hasn’t been at the races recently. I think it’s quite natural, but he needs to start a game or two on the bench.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I thought he was pretty good.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Still running a lot apparently so maybe not really tired, just being ruined by Arteta like all of our other attackers
Running around like a headless chicken doesn't mean you're providing quality to the team. El neny does that every game he plays. ESR has a good work-rate, but he probably getting close to the red zone. It was always incompetent for the team to rely on a 20 year old, injury prone youngster to shoulder so much of the creative load, while still expected to do the dirty work. Mental fatigue is even more detrimental than physical fatigue at this stage of his development.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Honestly he has been poor last 3 games . He has potential but people are getting carried away. Nowhere near saka levels and saka is not the finished article. Feel Smith rowe has been kind of anonymous.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You can’t be the creator of the team and not take any responsibility on the ball. Outside of 2-3 games he has been average and is probably the most overrated player in the league right now

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He has dropped off a bit which was expected that’s why we have Ødegaard. ESR has made a fantastic impression and had a great impact he’s become an important part of our squad. He needs a rest now but his position in the team is clear. Well done to him for breaking through.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I knew this would happen, there's too much being placed on him especially for a kid who's not used to play consistently at this level. It's been evident for a while that maybe he needs a rest but haven't had the luxury of doing so, hopefully Ødegaard now means we can do that.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I like this kid, a lot, but i fear there is something missing. To me, he is playing with fear. Keeping the ball is all well and good, but sometimes, you need to commit, to take a risk, to look for a killer pass, to make a defender make a decision, he doesn't do it. I thought Özil was allergic to shooting, but ESR takes it to another level.

Over the last 6 games, ESR has played 506 minutes and has attempted 4 shots on goal, 4!

To put that into perspective, that would put him 79th for midfielders in the PL for attempts on goal over the last 6, but, in terms of minutes played, he's 13th!

For me, he looks a player who is happy to pass the responsibility onto another player, get the ball, give it back, keep recycling the ball. He'll need to do more soon.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I know mikel take while to make changes but ESR is getting pretty close to the typical muscular injury we saw yesterday how often his first touch was heavy can't keep the pace with players good we have 8 days rest because most of team needed it

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jesus Christ is that all it takes for the people to start turning against him?

Can see these next few pages being hilarious next season. Similar to how Saka supposedly didn’t have the attacking game for a winger and was a full back at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom