• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
How exactly did he end up on the wing is beyond me. From a fluent attack that we've had with Pepe - ESR - Saka for a few games, we went back to this cr*p.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah, I really don't like him on the wing much.

Didn't he combine really well with Ødegaard by being played in the Ceballos role?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah, I really don't like him on the wing much.

Didn't he combine really well with Ødegaard by being played in the Ceballos role?
Can't remember him playing that role for Arteta. Think there is so much options you can do with the two of them and Arteta picked the worst one, which was something expected in a way

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Stop playing him as LW rotate him with Ødegaard create competition that what the squad should be used. ESR as LW not really working great because he not getting involved much and look he spend game covering Tierney when going forward

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Stop playing him as LW rotate him with Ødegaard create competition that what the squad should be used. ESR as LW not really working great because he not getting involved much and look he spend game covering Tierney when going forward
But why would you rotate them? I'd say it's time to ditch that double CM pivot nonsense just like it was time to ditch that 3 at the back stupidity he was playing for a while.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
But why would you rotate them? I'd say it's time to ditch that double CM pivot nonsense just like it was time to ditch that 3 at the back stupidity he was playing for a while.
Because for me I'd prefer use pepe as LW who looked reborn in this position the LW is new position for ESR it could take time for him to get use to it

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Not as effective out wide and I'm not sad that he was subbed off as Arteta was wasting ESR's time and energy. His awareness of space and on the ball actions are crucial.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Because for me I'd prefer use pepe as LW who looked reborn in this position the LW is new position for ESR it could take time for him to get use to it
I agree on Pepe, but we could have both MO and ESR in CM and play one of Partey/Xhaka behind them. I can't understand that persistence with a double pivot at all, gives us nothing because neither Xhaka/Elneny/Ceballos can play that role and dominate the game

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Either Arteta fully commits to a 433 and has Ødegaard and ESR in midfield together or it's one or the other. Currently, I prefer ESR because I feel he brings us more balance and pops up in various zones.

I feel we get more from AMC with ESR than Ødegaard there. It was working very well.

ESR can play from the wing, but it feels like he is still figuring things out, like how to influence the game like he was doing in AMC position.

I think we should just rotate Ødegaard and ESR in the AMC position. Keep them fresh.

Otherwise, we are developing two players in the attack, ESR and Ødegaard. And that can be a problem against better defenses.

Scottish_Gooner.

Esr needs to be playing in the midde of the 3, he isn't effective on the left. He offers a lot more than Ødegaard in the no10 position. The two of them can't both play together. Pepe or auba has to start on the left sunday.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm really happy with the signing of Ødegaard, but I did not expect it to mean ESR to be shoved out wide, let alone to LW.

I thought he would be used to rotate ESR who has looked leggy as of late and to play them both through the middle against weaker opposition (which Benfica would be, imo) by using Ødegaard and ESR as CM's in a 4-3-3 or with Ødegaard as one of the double pivot in a 4-2-3-1.

With the current way you don't get the best out of ESR, who is still the long term asset until we sign Ødegaard permanently.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Wenger moved our young midfielders to the wing all the time to grow so what's the issue now?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It isn't Ødegaard that's forced him wide, it's Saka tbh.

Bukayo is the player our team is built round now, he's the Cesc of this team more or less, everyone adapts for him.

If Saka was right footed, ESR would be playing as a 10 with Martin on the right...but since he is left footed and best as an inverted winger, he plays on the right...so the others adapt accordingly.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This was inevitable as soon as we bought in Ødegaard.

Shaft one our our prospects for someone who won't be here in 5 months.
Football is not fair, and teams shift players the moment they get a better player. even though Ødegaard hasnt been brilliant and still getting used to it. he is a better player than ESR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom