• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Think we definitely lose something from him on the wing. At this moment I prefer him to Ødegaard at 10, but I'm happy that he's still heavily involved in the first team as I think we are a better side with him in it. He'll no doubt learn and add to his game the more he's played on the LW as well.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Stop playing him as LW rotate him with Ødegaard create competition that what the squad should be used. ESR as LW not really working great because he not getting involved much and look he spend game covering Tierney when going forward

I think rotating them would be a waste. Together with Saka these two are quick thinking, one touch players. Something we've missed for ages. I'd be happy to try ESR or Ødegaard next to Partey and put Pepe on the left, but only in games where we are expected to be dominant.

Pepe----Auba----Saka
----------ESR
Ødegaard--Partey

Legend14

Established Member
It isn't Ødegaard that's forced him wide, it's Saka tbh.

Bukayo is the player our team is built round now, he's the Cesc of this team more or less, everyone adapts for him.

If Saka was right footed, ESR would be playing as a 10 with Martin on the right...but since he is left footed and best as an inverted winger, he plays on the right...so the others adapt accordingly.
But we are a weaker team with Ødegaard in the lineup. Pepe on the left and ESR at 10 is more formidable. Ødegaard should not be above our existing 3 in the 4-2-3-1. He should be trying out for the club/PL and allowing us to rest players. Arteta has made a mistake in playing him so frequently.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think rotating them would be a waste. Together with Saka these two are quick thinking, one touch players. Something we've missed for ages. I'd be happy to try ESR or Ødegaard next to Partey and put Pepe on the left, but only in games where we are expected to be dominant.

Pepe----Auba----Saka
----------ESR
Ødegaard--Partey
I agree with this setup too but xhaka is proving important in our midfield i don't mind trying this against teams who sit deep

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Invisible again in the position this forum would have you believe is his natural where he must be playing.

I do really like his pressing though, but between him and Ødegaard in the 10 there really is no discussion.

Hopefully the injury is nothing serious and he can continue his progression in that left interior position where he offers us interesting things with his pressing and running off the ball even when rather anonymous. But yeah, having a bit of lull in form and needs to show more personality.

Tbf with the problems Pepe is causing for defences lately it’s very much an open discussion whether we’re better off Auba Pepe-Ødegaard-Saka or ESR for Pepe in our best XI.

Legend14

Established Member
Invisible again in the position this forum would have you believe is his natural where he must be playing.

I do really like his pressing though, but between him and Ødegaard in the 10 there really is no discussion.

Hopefully the injury is nothing serious and he can continue his progression in that left interior position where he offers us interesting things with his pressing and running off the ball even when rather anonymous. But yeah, having a bit of lull in form and needs to show more personality.

Tbf with the problems Pepe is causing for defences lately it’s very much an open discussion whether we’re better off Auba Pepe-Ødegaard-Saka or ESR for Pepe in our best XI.
Absolutely not. You missed his impact the first half of today. Run it back. There is a reason the team was so fluid.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
And people were just complaining in the previous page of this thread about Ødegaard ruining ESR’s minutes :lol::lol: some forgot his injury history clearly.

If we didn’t sign Ødegaard and this happened the same people would be calling us dumb for not signing anyone on loan. AM strikes again.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

ESR was consistently getting behind their lines with his runs. Not to **** on Ødegaard who was also good, but there isn't too much between the pair of them atm.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
And people were just complaining in the previous page of this thread about Ødegaard ruining ESR’s minutes :lol::lol:

If we didn’t sign Ødegaard and this happened the same people would be calling us dumb for not signing anyone on loan. AM strikes again.
The 'Arteta ran him into the ground' card is still available for play. Won't be long now.

Anyway, hoping it's not too serious and he can get a bit of a rest.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The 'Arteta ran him into the ground' card is still available for play. Won't be long now.

Anyway, hoping it's not too serious and he can get a bit of a rest.
Yeah its hopefully a knock/precautionary situation but imagine if we had no no.10 for the NLD + EL :shivering:

Would be back to relegation level creativity probs.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
And people were just complaining in the previous page of this thread about Ødegaard ruining ESR’s minutes :lol::lol: some forgot his injury history clearly.

And don't forget having Ødegaard on loan without a to buy option is pointless! ;)

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
And don't forget having Ødegaard on loan without a to buy option is pointless! ;)
I see their point but it’s kinda just complaining for the sake of it isn’t it. Because obviously it’s better to sign a quality player on loan in a problem position, rather than relying on a kid to play twice a week.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I see their point but it’s kinda just complaining for the sake of it isn’t it. Because obviously it’s better to sign a quality player on loan in a problem position, rather than relying on a kid to play twice a week.

Yes, therefore its not pointless so I dont see their point! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom