• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Smith-Rowe too early for him but that really should make him keep going the bad news for him that Grealish Mount are easily ahead but he can put pressure on them

Pyres7

I think Smith-Rowe too early for him but that really should make him keep going the bad news for him that Grealish Mount are easily ahead but he can put pressure on them
There's so much competition in his positions now. He would have walked into some of the England squads over the last few years.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There's so much competition in his positions now. He would have walked into some of the England squads over the last few years.
Yes England now have best possible offensive line in Europe maybe just behind France too much talent that some of them unfortunately will be left home

GoonerJay24

Yes England now have best possible offensive line in Europe maybe just behind France too much talent that some of them unfortunately will be left home
All those guys like Foden, Grealish and Madison if you watch closely when they play, none of them are actually playmakers capable of playing 1 touch and penetrative passes. Instead they're more ball carrier types who are good with close-control.

England still lack that clinical playmaker for me.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Missed him badly today, needed someone able to collect the ball centrally under pressure and run with it, also his runs without the ball and his pressure on the opposition would've really helped.
We definitely seem to struggle to keep possession when he's out of the team. Have seen it a number of times recently when he's been subbed.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Missed him badly today, needed someone able to collect the ball centrally under pressure and run with it, also his runs without the ball and his pressure on the opposition would've really helped.

People still don't appreciate what he brings to the table. He really is a team player. Works tirelessly on and off the ball. Always trying to make decisions quickly and usually one that will push the team forward. Adds so much verve and energy to the team, kinda like Rosicky used to when he was in form. He hasn't even shown his superb shooting technique. He scored some incredible goals in the youth sides, has some of the best shooting technique of any academy graduate in the last 10 years. Just hope he doesn't have an injury plagued career.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I know there's been speculation but tbh I wouldn't want him to go to the Euros in the summer. What ESR needs is a Goretzka summer, he needs to hit the gym and level up. Right now physically he still isn't a senior pro. He has the talent, but we need to match that with a body that can handle PL football.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I know there's been speculation but tbh I wouldn't want him to go to the Euros in the summer. What ESR needs is a Goretzka summer, he needs to hit the gym and level up. Right now physically he still isn't a senior pro. He has the talent, but we need to match that with a body that can handle PL football.
As long as he doesn't bulk up in a weird way like Wilshere, he'll be ok. I'd rather all our players got the summer off

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
good to see him back. He is the only one who looks like playing with quick one touches.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Controversial opinion but I personally prefer ESR at 10 to Ødegaard. I know his game is a lot more simplistic and he probably doesn't have the final pass yet but the ball just moves with a purpose more with Smith Rowe. It moves quicker. And speed of play will always lead to chance creation.

Legend14

Established Member
Rewatched the 14 or so minutes he played today. Wow, super talent. His instincts and technique are off the charts.

I like Ødegaard, but ESR is simply a better all around football player, which says a lot. And I will say again that his intellect is second to none on the team, followed by Saka, and then Ødegaard.

Hope he stays healthy.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rewatched the 14 or so minutes he played today. Wow, super talent. His instincts and technique are off the charts.

I like Ødegaard, but ESR is simply a better all around football player, which says a lot. And I will say again that his intellect is second to none on the team, followed by Saka, and then Ødegaard.

Hope he stays healthy.
And yet we moved him away from Saka. Saka at RW and ESR as the 10 is so much better than other options we see. If Ødegaard plays he goes to the left, he isn’t worth breaking up our best attacking weapon which is the Saka/ESR tandem.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think Ødegaard is the superior player at their respective stages of their careers tbh.

The only thing that makes me a bit meh about it is we're essentially developing a player for 6 months in a rubbish season - there's just no real pay off from it unless the plan is to keep him.

There are much better clubs for Ødegaard than this version of Arsenal though, so he should definitely explore this summer.

Ødegaard waltzing into the side like he has is a complete no brainer, even if some don't like it cause obviously ESR is the energetic local lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom